Thanks Meter: 2,472

By Heathcliff74, Recognized Developer on 13th November 2012, 12:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2012, 06:27 PM |#11  
Flag Leverano
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to unlock the native code?
I have installed opera mobile but don't work...

Inviato da mio OMNIA 7 usando Board Express Pro

13th November 2012, 07:33 PM |#12  
Flag Borås
Thanks Meter: 1

More
A bug or a normal behavior?
First of all, i would like to really thanks you for this great tool. I would like to just ask some questions:-
I updated my wp7root tool 0.11 using XapHandler, and Everything went ok. After that i needed to open the Office hub but to my surprise it didn't work. I did a soft-reset just to find out that my start screen is Black . To be honest i got panicked though i have an update that i can reinstall. After few mins digging i found out that certain feature in the phone a still working (like search, voice commands etc.) I used the voice command and opened Wp7root Tools 0.12 and went through Policies just to find out that almost every System Apps were untrusted including Start App. When i trusted Start App i got my Start Screen back .

My questions are:-
1. is this (the untrusted start app) a bug?
2. Is it intentional that all the System App to be untrusted? if not
3. Do you have a list of System Apps that were trusted Originally?

Hope you have answers to those q.

Thanks
13th November 2012, 08:11 PM |#13  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtonka

You are the Boss
Does registry expolorer keeps last opened location after restart or reopen cos only File explorer can do this so far?

Dunno which registry editor you've been using. But my registry-editor does remember its last location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Rosworth

How to unlock the native code?
I have installed opera mobile but don't work...

Inviato da mio OMNIA 7 usando Board Express Pro

Ultrashot is working on that. It needs a little bit of tweaking to be compatible with Policy Unlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdland

First of all, i would like to really thanks you for this great tool. I would like to just ask some questions:-
I updated my wp7root tool 0.11 using XapHandler, and Everything went ok. After that i needed to open the Office hub but to my surprise it didn't work. I did a soft-reset just to find out that my start screen is Black . To be honest i got panicked though i have an update that i can reinstall. After few mins digging i found out that certain feature in the phone a still working (like search, voice commands etc.) I used the voice command and opened Wp7root Tools 0.12 and went through Policies just to find out that almost every System Apps were untrusted including Start App. When i trusted Start App i got my Start Screen back .

My questions are:-
1. is this (the untrusted start app) a bug?
2. Is it intentional that all the System App to be untrusted? if not
3. Do you have a list of System Apps that were trusted Originally?

Hope you have answers to those q.

Thanks

Ok. That's remarkable. I have no clear answer. Can you tell me which device and which ROM (stock, custom, ..) you use and which OS version and which OEM firmware?

It sounds to me that this is some form of Inception between Full Unlock and Policy Unlock (that should normally work, but I can't possibly test all different devices and unlock at forehand).

Normally only very few system apps are defined to have Root Access. And "Start" is NOT one of them. I don't have a cleanly installed device to check which apps should have Root Access, but there are really only a few. I don't understand why the Startmenu would need Root Access in your case. And it is not a bug that "Startmenu" is not having Root Access. It actually surprises me that you could fix it this way.

Heathcliff74
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2012, 08:32 PM |#14  
Flag Orsfeld
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Hi Heathcliff74 i´ve the same thing on my rom,i am using the mirolg tangoromhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1751911 and !updated! my old roottools with sending the xap to my email account and downloading it on my device,after update (xap deployer by ultrashoot) i had to give roottools fullacces/trusted permissions for running,as the man obove said,there is nothing of the system marked as trusted(in roottools),but all is running correctly !
13th November 2012, 08:37 PM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnia7xdax

Hi Heathcliff74 i´ve the same thing on my rom,i am using the mirolg tangoromhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1751911 and !updated! my old roottools with sending the xap to my email account and downloading it on my device,after update (xap deployer by ultrashoot) i had to give roottools fullacces/trusted permissions for running,as the man obove said,there is nothing of the system marked as trusted(in roottools),but all is running correctly !

Just to be clear: You do NOT have a problem with missing Startmenu, right?

Because most system apps should NOT have Root Access. If your system apps do NOT have Root Access, but everything works fine, then there is NO problem!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2012, 08:54 PM |#16  
Flag Borås

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

Dunno which registry editor you've been using. But my registry-editor does remember its last location.

Ultrashot is working on that. It needs a little bit of tweaking to be compatible with Policy Unlock.

Ok. That's remarkable. I have no clear answer. Can you tell me which device and which ROM (stock, custom, ..) you use and which OS version and which OEM firmware?

It sounds to me that this is some form of Inception between Full Unlock and Policy Unlock (that should normally work, but I can't possibly test all different devices and unlock at forehand).

Normally only very few system apps are defined to have Root Access. And "Start" is NOT one of them. I don't have a cleanly installed device to check which apps should have Root Access, but there are really only a few. I don't understand why the Startmenu would need Root Access in your case. And it is not a bug that "Startmenu" is not having Root Access. It actually surprises me that you could fix it this way.

Heathcliff74

Thanks for the quick answer!
Sry i didn't menssion that i have an original HTC ROM, with dev. unlock and introp-unlock installed. My device is HTC HD7, Os version 7.10.8773.98 and OEM firmware 2250.21.51101.
Hope those info will help you. I will try to make a video clip reproducing the event, hopw that will help you even more.

Yours
Omar
13th November 2012, 09:11 PM |#17  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdland

Thanks for the quick answer!
Sry i didn't menssion that i have an original HTC ROM, with dev. unlock and introp-unlock installed. My device is HTC HD7, Os version 7.10.8773.98 and OEM firmware 2250.21.51101.
Hope those info will help you. I will try to make a video clip reproducing the event, hopw that will help you even more.

Yours
Omar

Hm. The fact that you have a stock ROM makes this only more weird. I still can't think of a possible explanation.

Did you toggle Root Access for system apps before the problem occurred? Any other remarkable things you've done with your phone that may explain this?

Did you use earlier versions of WP7 Root Tools without problems?
13th November 2012, 09:38 PM |#18  
Flag Orsfeld
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Sry,yes i ahve absolutely no problems,everything works fine,i was only not sure if the systemapps must have no permissions
13th November 2012, 10:21 PM |#19  
Flag Borås

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

Hm. The fact that you have a stock ROM makes this only more weird. I still can't think of a possible explanation.

Did you toggle Root Access for system apps before the problem occurred? Any other remarkable things you've done with your phone that may explain this?

Did you use earlier versions of WP7 Root Tools without problems?

Hi again!
No i didn't toggle it Before the problem. I just installed it then when i tried office, it didn't work and then i found out about the problem. And to be honest i really didn't do anythink remarkable either. My privous experiance with WP7Root Tools and really good, didn't have any problem Before.

Please check your PM i sent you a link to the video clip i did about the problem. OBS!!! No sound

Yours

Omar
13th November 2012, 10:37 PM |#20  
Flag Great White , Michigan
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Awesome and great job.... Your hard work is very much appreciated!!
WP7 Root Tools v 0.12 alpha updated just fine and is functioning perfectly on my HD7 running Deepshining 7.8.
Thank you!
14th November 2012, 06:44 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 232

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrc45

Awesome and great job.... Your hard work is very much appreciated!!
WP7 Root Tools v 0.12 alpha updated just fine and is functioning perfectly on my HD7 running Deepshining 7.8.
Thank you!

its working fine for me also
great job OP
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wp7 root tools

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)