By Heathcliff74, Recognized Developer on 13th November 2012, 12:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2012, 06:44 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 232

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrc45

Awesome and great job.... Your hard work is very much appreciated!!
WP7 Root Tools v 0.12 alpha updated just fine and is functioning perfectly on my HD7 running Deepshining 7.8.
Thank you!

its working fine for me also
great job OP

14th November 2012, 10:14 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi Heathcliff74,

first of all very very thanks for your great job!

And now the bad thing. After a clean intallation of your app ( I removed version 0.11 before) all things was goods and every homebrew apps worked fine (apps like CacheClearer v2.0 and WPAppSender), but after a reboot my phone (Samsung Omnia 7) was crashed: start screen completely blank, no apps visible, no possibility to operate. I made an hard reset, unlocked all, reinstalled wp7 Root Tools 0.12, reboot...and again blank screen.
So I made another hard reset, unlocked all, installed WP7 Root Tool 0.11...and all is OK.
What do you think about this? It's a problem of my phone or a bug of your app? I haven't any custom ROM, only a developer unlock + interop unlock by your Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74 v2 .

I'll wait for your answer.

Bye
14th November 2012, 10:42 AM |#23  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,472

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcobona

Hi Heathcliff74,

first of all very very thanks for your great job!

And now the bad thing. After a clean intallation of your app ( I removed version 0.11 before) all things was goods and every homebrew apps worked fine (apps like CacheClearer v2.0 and WPAppSender), but after a reboot my phone (Samsung Omnia 7) was crashed: start screen completely blank, no apps visible, no possibility to operate. I made an hard reset, unlocked all, reinstalled wp7 Root Tools 0.12, reboot...and again blank screen.
So I made another hard reset, unlocked all, installed WP7 Root Tool 0.11...and all is OK.
What do you think about this? It's a problem of my phone or a bug of your app? I haven't any custom ROM, only a developer unlock + interop unlock by your Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74 v2 .

I'll wait for your answer.

Bye

A few people running stock ROM reported this issue. So far I've been able to reproduce part of the problem. I'm looking into this issue now. I will try to release a fix asap.

Keep a copy of the backup you made. After release of the fix it's probably best to start with a restore of that backup.

With black screen you can try to use voice-command to lauch WP7Root Tools and give Root Access to "Start". This should not be necessary, but it seems to fix this problem for now.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74
14th November 2012, 11:08 AM |#24  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 475

Donate to Me
More
Morning, will give details tonight but after a reboot office hub no longer works, opening documents via email or directly in file explorer als do not work, goes for excel and word docs. I may have inadvertently hit some system apps with my chubby fingers but turned them off again afterwards. It was working however after this, it was only after reboot it stopped, all other apps appear to work ok

NB, stock focus s, tools v11 installed, 8773, interop unlocked and old firmware. Would be happy to do anything to help debug this, just need a pointer on the right direction
Sent from my Samsung Focus S using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
14th November 2012, 12:39 PM |#25  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,472

Donate to Me
More
Important notice!!

Some people with stock ROM have reported a problem that can affect system apps and the startmenu. In some cases the Startmenu or Office Mobile may not work anymore after a reboot. If this happens, you can restore your backup, or you can use voice-command to launch WP7 Root Tools and give Root Access to "Start" and the "Office" apps. This is usually not necessary, but this seems to temporary fix the problem. Be sure you keep a copy of the backup you made! I'm looking into this issue right now and I will release a new version with a fix as soon as possible.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2012, 05:57 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi Heathcliff74,
First of all thank you for your great work!
But one more thing, I found that the trusted Native Homebrew Executable seems to have no permission to access those files in IsolatedStorage, i.e. \Applications\Data\...\Data\IsolatedStore\, though it could access files in \Windows.
Is this a limitation so far, or do I miss something?

PS: the situation appeared on a driver, maybe EXEs or normal DLLs have no limitation.
14th November 2012, 08:02 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

I considered implementing that. But I think it is dangerous. If there will ever become some type of malware on WP7, you would be very vulnerable. So I decided not to implement such option.

Heathcliff74

Why do you think there will be malware for WP7?
14th November 2012, 08:44 PM |#28  
Flag Glasgow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianto1997

Why do you think there will be malware for WP7?

Plan for the worst - hope for the best

its in all of our interests that security comes first, whether you believe that or not.
15th November 2012, 05:56 AM |#29  
Flag Paris (suburbs)
Thanks Meter: 67

More
First, big thanks for your work Heathcliff74, that tool is simply amazing...
Secondly, the worst part , the french translation could be better, sorry for the translator, but compared to the work you've done that app worth a better french version, with more sense and less mistakes...
16th November 2012, 01:35 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Tried to use this to run Opera Mobile on a stock ROM, it crashes with the error "A problem occured while creating new process. Check your unlock state"

I've given it full root access with wp7roottools. What gives?
16th November 2012, 02:28 AM |#31  
Flag Glasgow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapo

Tried to use this to run Opera Mobile on a stock ROM, it crashes with the error "A problem occured while creating new process. Check your unlock state"

I've given it full root access with wp7roottools. What gives?

as already mentioned, Opera Mobile Needs some small modifications to make it work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wp7 root tools

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)