[Kernel][GPL] Development 3.0 Kernel

1,318 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,840

Post Reply Email Thread
13th December 2013, 07:07 PM |#101  
Flag Berisso
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Note to self: ALWAYS open the .zip file before flashing!!! The 92MB build wouldn't probably have all the necessary parts inside to make a functional Android OS. You should have flashed the 167MB one instead...

13th December 2013, 07:58 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolshahabaz

Instead of command you can use apps for enabling that feature....

Note : its for those who are not familiar with Linux terminal.

D5+/cm10.2/1.2GHz.
Sent from Tapatalk app

Shoud not be too hard to type a whole line of code

@Blechd0se is the poor graphical performance going to be improved with the 3.X kernel? Now that I have about 200mb RAM free most apps load much faster and the launcher does not take a minute to start up bit for bit (looks fun tho ) after closing them (updated from an old CM 10.1 with memory leaks to CM 11 with 2.6.32).
I thougt stuff like Jetpack Joyride runs fluid now, but it is still laggy. Do you know more about that, is that maybe a new driver function thats just slow on 2.6.32? Or is the Game just too CPU demanding?
14th December 2013, 10:06 AM |#103  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 2,999

More
Info 2 Possible USB OTG fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarx

Current state of 3.0 Kernel
USB - 98%, otg bugged.

@Quarx and @Blechd0se: Just in case you are not monitoring the USB OTG thread at the moment:

@kHron0S posted there an interesting fix which should help to get OTG working properly.

@Quarx: I know that you're writing your diploma ATM and I didn't want to disturb you with this, just thought that this information might be useful for you. Good luck with your diploma!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to okij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift okij Ad-Free
14th December 2013, 03:04 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
@Blechd0se, s2w works perfectly, no more pressing buttons to wake the phone. Battery life will not be significantly affected if the phone goes into deep sleep with this enabled. Would it be possible to include this feature in the 2.6 kernel? None of us would want to miss out on a feature such as this since it works perfectly, especially since 3.0 kernel is still deep in the making..

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdsaif92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mdsaif92 Ad-Free
14th December 2013, 04:24 PM |#105  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 914

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaif92

@Blechd0se, s2w works perfectly, no more pressing buttons to wake the phone. Battery life will not be significantly affected if the phone goes into deep sleep with this enabled. Would it be possible to include this feature in the 2.6 kernel? None of us would want to miss out on a feature such as this since it works perfectly, especially since 3.0 kernel is still deep in the making..

+1

@Blechd0se..we all know you are busy with 3.x kernel but we would like to see this amazing fetaure in 2.6 also..

please please please
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atulclassic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atulclassic Ad-Free
14th December 2013, 07:42 PM |#106  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 4,513

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by playitlouder

Shoud not be too hard to type a whole line of code

@Blechd0se is the poor graphical performance going to be improved with the 3.X kernel? Now that I have about 200mb RAM free most apps load much faster and the launcher does not take a minute to start up bit for bit (looks fun tho ) after closing them (updated from an old CM 10.1 with memory leaks to CM 11 with 2.6.32).
I thougt stuff like Jetpack Joyride runs fluid now, but it is still laggy. Do you know more about that, is that maybe a new driver function thats just slow on 2.6.32? Or is the Game just too CPU demanding?

What do you mean by poor graphical performance and to which kernel are you referring to?
The differences between 2.6.32 and 3.0 are big. Usually there are around 10.000 commits in a linux kernel release.
We have to fix the pvr driver in general on 3.0, because its sometimes likely to crash without no comprehensible reason.
Let me shortly talk about a new feature for interactive in this release; now interactive and other governors as well have some sort of timer (when they will check for freq upates,
load calculation, etc). Interactive has a parameter to define the minimum amount of time the cpu should stay on a given frequency (min_sample_time).
With the new feature we can set a multiplier for this value on our highest frequency (default is 4). What this means is, that it will turn interactive more into a performance
governor when playing games or any high cpu intensive stuff. This has the advantage that we can reduce the overhead here greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaif92

I like the feature too, becomes very handy for debugging.
Battery live shouldn't be affected to much, i only let the touchscreen stay powered on during suspend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulclassic

+1

@Blechd0se..we all know you are busy with 3.x kernel but we would like to see this amazing fetaure in 2.6 also..

please please please

No. I already said that; 2.6.32 is pretty much dead for me. We have to focus on new things and let old things behind. There is no reason to
backport this, because 2.6.32 won't receive much love from us anymore.
Sometimes one has to make tough decisions.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blechd0se Ad-Free
15th December 2013, 03:22 AM |#107  
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 644

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blechd0se

Yes i got sweep2wake working, very handy feature

I just uploaded a new test build, if you want to, you can test and see for yourself;
Download

There are a bunch of changes, but i am in hurry, so please see github for changelog.
Sweep2wake can be enabled via adb; echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake
its disabled by default.
If you are testing this build, please let me know if battery usage is better than on the previous build.

Hi blechdose. I tried to flash your latest build twice,the first with gapps and the second without gapps. Both with the same result. Black screen after blue led and no recovery after bootmenu. As I'm not used with adb, had to flash from sbf. Just want to test s2w. Any idea why that happen? I flashed con cm11 10.12, with the right recovery. Other thing: it's possible to unpack the kernel 3.0.8 and use it on the last cm11 with oldest kernel?

Enviado desde mi MB526 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ldiomedi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ldiomedi Ad-Free
15th December 2013, 03:34 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 2,755

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiomedi

Hi blechdose. I tried to flash your latest build twice,the first with gapps and the second without gapps. Both with the same result. Black screen after blue led and no recovery after bootmenu. As I'm not used with adb, had to flash from sbf. Just want to test s2w. Any idea why that happen? I flashed con cm11 10.12, with the right recovery. Other thing: it's possible to unpack the kernel 3.0.8 and use it on the last cm11 with oldest kernel?

Enviado desde mi MB526 mediante Tapatalk

No you will need to use the 3.0.8 release of CM11/AOSP only, won't work with releases built with 2.6.32 kernel AFAIK. Some other branches are different in the two, not just kernel.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TJKV For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TJKV Ad-Free
23rd December 2013, 12:35 PM |#109  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 58

More
got y'all!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nchls For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nchls Ad-Free
23rd December 2013, 12:56 PM |#110  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Where? There is a build dated 23th of NOVEMBER :P
The Following User Says Thank You to gedhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gedhe Ad-Free
25th December 2013, 02:33 AM |#111  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,402

More
I hope you guys properly #ifdef all the USB stuff for 2nd boot (yeah I got hands on MS2 engineering version).

btw. just curious, it has fastboot (POWER + F) ... does the normal MS2 also have fastboot? And if so, does "fastboot boot XXX.IMG" work?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skrilax_CZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skrilax_CZ Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
quarx can fix any kernel issue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)