[Kernel][GPL] Development 3.0 Kernel

1,318 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,849

Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2013, 07:36 PM |#11  
Flag Woesten
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Once it works with open source driver for camera, free forever...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

13th November 2013, 08:52 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1,085

More
I shouted "YES!!" out loud when I saw the commit about headset and microphone fixes! *edit* But the call speaker maybe isn't fixed just yet :/ Still, gotta try the new build when it shows up ^_^

(that's this one - https://github.com/Quarx2k/android_d...639b62f6260d4e )

Combined with Blechd0se's stability fixes (especially this one that fixes the "deep sleep death" - https://github.com/Quarx2k/jordan-ke...9225f88e7d3515 ) the next build is going to be very usable imho
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to niksy+ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift niksy+ Ad-Free
13th November 2013, 10:51 PM |#13  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 4,513

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niksy+

I shouted "YES!!" out loud when I saw the commit about headset and microphone fixes! *edit* But the call speaker maybe isn't fixed just yet :/ Still, gotta try the new build when it shows up ^_^

(that's this one - https://github.com/Quarx2k/android_d...639b62f6260d4e )

Combined with Blechd0se's stability fixes (especially this one that fixes the "deep sleep death" - https://github.com/Quarx2k/jordan-ke...9225f88e7d3515 ) the next build is going to be very usable imho

Yes Quarx is doing a very good job here, still struggling with a last few bugs. Anyway, its progress! Also the huge battery drain should be fixed,
i disabled kmemleak. 3.0 is such a nice base to work with, no need to do hacky things, it just works out of the box.
Next version will have timer_slack controller (its working perfectly). Also many fixes for crashes and memory leaks.

One big thing is still the display. Although wakeup delay is gone for me, dss/pvr crashes sometimes. Its very random.
Also overclocking has two sides; on the one side its much easier to understand, on the other side it doesn't work as expected (can't overclock
to 1200mhz for example). But we have finally a nice voltage/frequency table.
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blechd0se Ad-Free
13th November 2013, 11:05 PM |#14  
Flag Bahia Blanca
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Glad to read the good news, doesn´t seem too far from a usable kernel!

Have you decided what camera drivers you´ll go for?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matiasrey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matiasrey Ad-Free
14th November 2013, 08:09 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1,085

More
F* yeah! "isl29030: fix reboot of proximity sensor" commit signed off by Blechd0se

Quarx has been focusing on the in-call sound issue today, so things are looking brighter by the day

*edit* I'm guessing more and more people use the thanks button as the like button
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to niksy+ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift niksy+ Ad-Free
15th November 2013, 08:45 AM |#16  
Flag RM.Valcea/Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 113

More
When I wake up in the morning and read Quarx github , appear "Add Micron MT9P012 sensor driver" , so I think we can hope at an camera soon...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to triovi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift triovi Ad-Free
16th November 2013, 11:05 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
OTG!!
In the description it says USB: 98%, "OTG" bugged. Does this mean we can connect pen drives, mouse and keyboards to our defy with this kernel?
16th November 2013, 01:23 PM |#18  
Flag Cochin
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayur2j

In the description it says USB: 98%, "OTG" bugged. Does this mean we can connect pen drives, mouse and keyboards to our defy with this kernel?

Yes, but with external power.
The Following User Says Thank You to major9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift major9 Ad-Free
16th November 2013, 02:46 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by major9

Yes, but with external power.

So it's of almost no use then..
16th November 2013, 03:03 PM |#20  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Omsk
Thanks Meter: 18,849

Donate to Me
More
External power? I can conenct mouse/keyboard or flash drives, no need external power.
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Quarx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2013, 03:24 PM |#21  
Flag HEART
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarx

external power? I can conenct mouse/keyboard or flash drives, no need external power.

its good news master quarx you are great developer for our moto defy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
quarx can fix any kernel issue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)