FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] CHTEditor v1.8.5.1 [UPDATE 19-JUN-2010]

13,934 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,165

By Archer, Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer on 15th February 2010, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2010, 08:33 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does anyone have problem like me when install Star_transparent_manila.cab with CHTE

29th April 2010, 10:32 AM |#1002  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux

Okay, go right back to the beginning and uninstall everything (and make sure again the the CHTEditor folder is definitely deleted, like you did last time), and this time just install the latest version of each piece of software. These aren't patches or updates - they're brand new versions, so you don't need previous versions to be installed.

It should still work, obviously, but you're adding layers of problems by doing this.

So basically, uninstall from "Remove programs", then check the CHTEditor folder is definitely gone. Then, install v1.7.1 of both Co0kie's Home Tab and CHTEditor. (Don't worry about restarting Sense at any point when trying to install the editor - it's a windows application, not a manila one.)

Let me know how you get on.

i did exactly as u told last night to do clean install of the chteditor and cht, checked all folders of the remain chteditor and cht, after all done i did soft reset and installed the chteditor the result got the same problem issue

its ok for me for now i used 1.7.0 step behind 1.7.1.1 but no problem as long i got the main function of chteditor and cht anyway as u told few days ago u will release the next chteditor in a short time, right?!

i just hope the next chteditor will work on my device u need focus on that version before release, i dont wanna wasting ur time

thank u for ur support, thank u for the great app..keep on make our life fun
29th April 2010, 11:32 AM |#1003  
Flag Lynnwood

More
cht lock screen seems to lag a bit...

right when i lock the phone.... and when i go to unlock the phone.. it goes to homepage.. and then goes to the lockscreen.. anyone else experiencing this... any fixes or suggestions??
29th April 2010, 11:56 AM |#1004  
OP Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Flag Northampton

More
First of all, thanks to everyone for the kind words - it's very much appreciated, and I'm glad this app is useful to so many of you. Now, down to some Q&A...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Granato

not sure what or how to use this part...

HTC HD2 T Mobile USA CHEditor v1.7.1.1
when I go here.....
home page
menu
CoOkies home tab editor
Applications....
I see a list.

Does this mean I go elsewhere and find a weather application to install for example. then I link it to CoOkies Home program here?

If so, what are some examples of an Alarm app, call History app (?), voicemail app?
Thanks for looking, love the home page.

I would like some Sesame street characters to add to the layout!

The applications page lists all the "linked" applications on your home tab (what runs when you click the weather, the clock, the date etc..) You open the list and pick an application, or select "default", and that's what runs when you click the item you selected. As for the Sesame Street characters, you can get all the information you need for changing icons in the start menu and on quicklinks from the forum. You'll probably have to design the icons yourself if you want something specific, but have a good read through these search results and I'm sure you'll find all the information you need...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sear...rchid=36686720

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownlove

ok i know i am a noob at this stuff.. but i downloaded everything (chteditor v1.7.1.1, co0kies home tab v1.7.1.1) and tried to get it to work and i keep getting the mismatch of versions error. i downloaded the reg file and imported it and still no help.

i am running,
htc tp2
wm6.5 (build 21864.5.0.81)
sense 2.5
rom 2.01.573.3 (10/16/09)
us cellular

can anyone plz help me? i'm so lost and i would really love to use this. it seems like an excellent mod and very useful. is there anyway i can use it?

I really don't know why this issue is persisting, but it is nonetheless. When you run Co0kie's Home Tab for the first time (including after an upgrade from one version to another), it stores its version number in the registry. Then, when you run the editor, it checks this version to make sure it is compatible with the version of the editor you are running. (This is obviously a LOT easier than supporting lots of cross-version compatibility issues that would occur if we didn't do this.) So, can you check the following registry value (and set it if you need to):

HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\Co0kie.HomeVersion = 1.7.1

If you still have a problem when you've done that, then please let me know. In fact, if there's still a problem after that, don't post on here - pvt me to get my full attention. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektFuze

i posted this is the updated cookies thread.. but figured that i should try here also...

i was running the cookies and CHT editorv1.6 and i also had the mtro lock screen enabled.. everything worked flawlessly.. then i updated to 1.7.1 for both and i noticed that my metro lockscreen does not come up anymore.. i tried unstalling and reinstalling after the 2 initial updates but still nothing...

its a shame because i really loved my metro lockscreen addition... i think it may have something to do with the fact that the updated cookies and editor offers tweaks to the lockscreen... keep in mind that i did not touch any lock screen settings... so is there anyone out there that has any suggestions? or perhaps a workaround? because iI'm already missing the metro lol.. please help someone...

thanks..

Co0kieMonster's thread was the correct place to post this, so just await an answer on there. Co0kieMonster himself has not been around much recently as he's got a lot of work to do in the "real world", but he's by no means forgotten you. There's also a lot of the beta testing team looking out on his thread, so you may well get an answer from one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshtiw

Hi Johnc,

Great work... much appreciated. Just one request... is it posible to add the option to choose custom analog clocks from a small collection. I really liked Set#1 of Santod in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=1. It will be great if this can be done.

And as i mentioned to Santod... i know its wishful thinking... but who doesn't

Cheers...

I have no plans to add this into the editor, but I do know that someone is looking into developing an app for this specific thing, so keep an eye on the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsark

hi, got a question, is there a solution to when your on a call for x amount of minutes and then the caller hangs up and u do the same, but you find your device is locked. before you can hang up the call, u have to first unlock the unit. is there a way around that so the unit won't lock while on a call? i also tried turn off lock on standby, but that wont lock the phone when the display turns off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by va6888

Does anyone have problem like me when install Star_transparent_manila.cab with CHTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektFuze

cht lock screen seems to lag a bit...

right when i lock the phone.... and when i go to unlock the phone.. it goes to homepage.. and then goes to the lockscreen.. anyone else experiencing this... any fixes or suggestions??

These final issues are all manila issues, so nothing to do with the editor, and therefore I can't help you. Post them on the Cookie's Home Tab thread and wait for either Co0kieMonster or one of the beta testing team to get back to you.
30th April 2010, 02:20 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debarron

I would like to post a little suggestion for the editor. With the new feature in CHT 1.7.x of being able to customize the home screen and locker I think it would be a nice idea to be able to export just the home & locker layouts to a file to be easily imported without having to import all the settings which required a restart of Sense. The only thing with this idea I'm not sure of is how to refresh the home page easily w/o having to restart Sense. One method I've found to do this is by locking the screen which loads the new lockscreen layout and upon unlock the home screen is refreshed but of course not everyone will be using the CHT locker. I can do this right now by exporting the HKLM\Software\HTC\Co0kie registry key then importing whichever one I want but I think it'd be cool to have this integrated with CHTEditor. Just my 2 Sense. :)

Not sure if my post got overlooked but didn't see any response/comments on it.
30th April 2010, 02:28 AM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
topaz problems
using energy rom with manila version 2.5.20.... having issues with cookies home tab... not displaying the full home screen... i.e quicklinks... also downloaded the editor... but i don't have menu softkey on homescreen
30th April 2010, 09:21 AM |#1007  
Flag Northampton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debarron

Not sure if my post got overlooked but didn't see any response/comments on it.

Sorry mate - I did overlook that.

For the editor to do that, it would require a restart of Sense. The only reasons that this can be done with the method you described is because that is Sense making the changes. (Just like the weathor on/off button - you cannot do that outside Sense).

So I won't be implementing that feature in the editor. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delarente

using energy rom with manila version 2.5.20.... having issues with cookies home tab... not displaying the full home screen... i.e quicklinks... also downloaded the editor... but i don't have menu softkey on homescreen

As you said, you're having issues with Co0kie's Home Tab. You'd need to report those issues on the Co0kie's Home Tab thread.
30th April 2010, 12:04 PM |#1008  

More
hi, my english is not very good... so i could not read all the pages here or understand it. but i have two questions about the programe.
1: the hometabeditor just works if i just started the mobile. when i want to start it later it says "cth editor is not installed". how can i change that?
2. is it possible that there is a pin number when i want to unlock the mobile? i had it before when i used the lockmode of the phone. but now when i use the lockmode of this programe i dont have to type a pin.

thanks a lot!
paul

edit: the first answer i found out myself... it just doesnt work if it is connected to the pc.
30th April 2010, 01:14 PM |#1009  
Flag Northampton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulknaller

hi, my english is not very good... so i could not read all the pages here or understand it. but i have two questions about the programe.
1: the hometabeditor just works if i just started the mobile. when i want to start it later it says "cth editor is not installed". how can i change that?
2. is it possible that there is a pin number when i want to unlock the mobile? i had it before when i used the lockmode of the phone. but now when i use the lockmode of this programe i dont have to type a pin.

thanks a lot!
paul

edit: the first answer i found out myself... it just doesnt work if it is connected to the pc.

Glad you answered the 1st question. I guess you've got the editor installed on your storage card and connect to the PC as a USB drive, so the phone does not have access to the storage card.

As for the second question, you would need to raise that in the Co0kie's Home Tab thread as it is nothing to do with the editor.
30th April 2010, 02:02 PM |#1010  
Flag Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Exclamation Help please!!
anyone tell me how can i change digital clock to analog clock by CHTEditor v1.7.1.1...thnx
30th April 2010, 03:27 PM |#1011  
Flag Waynesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 710

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abinash

anyone tell me how can i change digital clock to analog clock by CHTEditor v1.7.1.1...thnx

It's not done from the Editor. It's done from CHT itself, I believe, though I could be wrong. From the home tab: Menu\Edit Home Layout\Advanced\ then choose your style clock from the Show Clock drop down list.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup quicklinks, co0kie's home tab, editor, export quicklinks, manila

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)