FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] CHTEditor v1.8.5.1 [UPDATE 19-JUN-2010]

13,934 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,165

By Archer, Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer on 15th February 2010, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th February 2010, 11:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
BetaTesting
if you want, I can test it on Manila 2.5.203030!
I would be happy to help.
thanks

16th February 2010, 11:43 AM |#12  
Flag Maidenhead
Thanks Meter: 82

More
I should also be able to test on Manila version 2011.3636. Running miri v4.
16th February 2010, 11:43 AM |#13  
OP Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Flag Northampton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermo

Hi johncmolyneux,

Can you add a function that let us get all start menu shortcuts automatically to home quicklinks. as we have up to 75 with the ability to drag and drop it will be great that one.

I did see your request for that in Co0kie's thread. I'll have a think about it, because I initially get warning sounds going off for that idea. Leave it with me
16th February 2010, 12:28 PM |#14  
Flag LX
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Hi! This Mod is awesome and a config tool sounds like a very good idea. Since a can't really program, I'd like to give a hand any way I can.

Rom: Miri's V2.3 WWE
O.S. 5.2.21889 (21889.5.0.87)
Manila 2.5.19222911.0
Radio: 2.06.51.07
16th February 2010, 01:56 PM |#15  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Excellent idea
16th February 2010, 02:52 PM |#16  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Probably the ending goal would be to fuse the two apps together... sounds a bit weird to install a manila mod, and a different app especially for configuring it
Yet the features you promise to implement are jolly good!
Alas, I miss the time to flash my custom rom's updated version, so no go for testing, but I see you got plenty of requests already
16th February 2010, 03:04 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
good Idea
Hi very good Idea

but please merge your knowhow to the BsB Tweaks. I want not 10 configuration programs.

Regards

Röndi
16th February 2010, 03:14 PM |#18  
Flag Northampton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roendi

Hi very good Idea

but please merge your knowhow to the BsB Tweaks. I want not 10 configuration programs.

Regards

Röndi

I didn't write BsB Tweaks mate, so I can't merge this into it.

All the information needed to make the settings changes are available on Co0kie's mod thread. I'm just supplying an application to make editing and backing up of this information easier.
16th February 2010, 03:16 PM |#19  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 15,817

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roendi

Hi very good Idea

Regards

Röndi

These are 2 totally different sets of settings and cannot be merged. BSB Tweaks are universal for HD2 whereas the settings being worked on here are only for use with Cookies Home Tab Mod. When its finished its best purpose will be to include it in the cab with the Home Tab Mod and set a shortcut to the start menu for easy configuration, probably with a soft reset after exiting the settings screen
16th February 2010, 03:28 PM |#20  
Flag Northampton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

BSB Tweaks are universal for HD2 whereas the settings being worked on here are only for use with Cookies Home Tab Mod.

Thanks mskip - I hadn't thought of it that way.

I do like the idea of this app being included in the mod installer, but that would mean that Co0kie would have to give me his mod so that I could modify the app to suit any changes he'd made, then I'd have to test it and only then could he release his own mod. I wouldn't want to hold him up, and I'm sure that users of his mod wouldn't want to be held up by me either!

I'm picturing having a version history for the settings app on this thread. The version number of this app will match the version number of the mod, so it will be clear which one you need. Therefore, people who have an older version of the mod and don't want to upgrade (for whatever reason) can still get the settings app to correspond.

This is all plans anyway. I need to get the app completed and live first! lol
16th February 2010, 04:30 PM |#21  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 15,817

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux

Thanks mskip - I hadn't thought of it that way.

I do like the idea of this app being included in the mod installer, but that would mean that Co0kie would have to give me his mod so that I could modify the app to suit any changes he'd made, then I'd have to test it and only then could he release his own mod. I wouldn't want to hold him up, and I'm sure that users of his mod wouldn't want to be held up by me either!

I'm picturing having a version history for the settings app on this thread. The version number of this app will match the version number of the mod, so it will be clear which one you need. Therefore, people who have an older version of the mod and don't want to upgrade (for whatever reason) can still get the settings app to correspond.

This is all plans anyway. I need to get the app completed and live first! lol

I totally agree that having 2 people working on different parts can slow progress down of the finished product, and while combining the 2 parts into 1 cab would make installation alot simpler there is no critical need for it to be done that way.

The easiest method would be for you to work behind cookie and just modify your settings program to match any changes cookie does in the future. Having matching version numbers is a great idea to make sure the flow between the 2 programs is smooth, although you will always get stupid people who install an older version of one of them and then asks "why isnt this thing doing what I want it to" lol.

Keep up the good work im sure when its finished it will make modifications alot simpler, especially backing up the shortcuts from the registry and importing them back after any updates.

Im sure you have plenty of beta testers but if you ever need any testing on an HD2 then let me know mate. Im always hard resetting when I test my Mobile Shell themes so its no problem if it screws anything up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup quicklinks, co0kie's home tab, editor, export quicklinks, manila

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)