FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] CHTEditor v1.8.5.1 [UPDATE 19-JUN-2010]

13,948 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,173

By Archer, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator / (Un)recognised Pole Dancer on 15th February 2010, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th February 2010, 04:30 PM |#21  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 15,951

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux

Thanks mskip - I hadn't thought of it that way.

I do like the idea of this app being included in the mod installer, but that would mean that Co0kie would have to give me his mod so that I could modify the app to suit any changes he'd made, then I'd have to test it and only then could he release his own mod. I wouldn't want to hold him up, and I'm sure that users of his mod wouldn't want to be held up by me either!

I'm picturing having a version history for the settings app on this thread. The version number of this app will match the version number of the mod, so it will be clear which one you need. Therefore, people who have an older version of the mod and don't want to upgrade (for whatever reason) can still get the settings app to correspond.

This is all plans anyway. I need to get the app completed and live first! lol

I totally agree that having 2 people working on different parts can slow progress down of the finished product, and while combining the 2 parts into 1 cab would make installation alot simpler there is no critical need for it to be done that way.

The easiest method would be for you to work behind cookie and just modify your settings program to match any changes cookie does in the future. Having matching version numbers is a great idea to make sure the flow between the 2 programs is smooth, although you will always get stupid people who install an older version of one of them and then asks "why isnt this thing doing what I want it to" lol.

Keep up the good work im sure when its finished it will make modifications alot simpler, especially backing up the shortcuts from the registry and importing them back after any updates.

Im sure you have plenty of beta testers but if you ever need any testing on an HD2 then let me know mate. Im always hard resetting when I test my Mobile Shell themes so its no problem if it screws anything up

16th February 2010, 04:38 PM |#22  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator / (Un)recognised Pole Dancer
Flag Northamptonshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Having matching version numbers is a great idea to make sure the flow between the 2 programs is smooth, although you will always get stupid people who install an older version of one of them and then asks "why isnt this thing doing what I want it to" lol.

Heh - you're right, which is why we're already all over that. I asked Co0kieMonster to include a version number in the registry and my app will only run for the correct version number (unless I can figure out a way of having multiple configurations work without going down the route of ridiculously complicated architecture!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Im sure you have plenty of beta testers but if you ever need any testing on an HD2 then let me know mate. Im always hard resetting when I test my Mobile Shell themes so its no problem if it screws anything up

Cheers mate - I'll keep you in mind
16th February 2010, 05:03 PM |#23  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Czech translation
If you're interested in adding multilanguage support, i can make a czech translation.
16th February 2010, 05:14 PM |#24  

More
How about the option to disable the extra quicklink pages as I want only one page with the standard 3x3 grid.
16th February 2010, 05:14 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Count me in - Touch Pro 2 Manilla 2.5 2012
16th February 2010, 05:31 PM |#26  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator / (Un)recognised Pole Dancer
Flag Northamptonshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicKByT

How about the option to disable the extra quicklink pages as I want only one page with the standard 3x3 grid.

Any requests for changes to the mod should be directed to Co0kieMonster's mod thread. This app is basically just a simple way to modify the settings that are held in registry, along with a couple of other little features.
16th February 2010, 05:45 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux

Any requests for changes to the mod should be directed to Co0kieMonster's mod thread. This app is basically just a simple way to modify the settings that are held in registry, along with a couple of other little features.

My bad. thought the extra pages could be disabled by some reg tweaks. Thanks anyway.
16th February 2010, 06:03 PM |#28  
Flag Northamptonshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicKByT

My bad. thought the extra pages could be disabled by some reg tweaks. Thanks anyway.

If Co0kieMonster were to put a setting in the registry for this then I'd add it to the app, but that's obviously his call.
16th February 2010, 07:44 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Where can I get the Beta?
16th February 2010, 08:55 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 697

More
I'd love an option to keep the visible links on the Home screen at 3, but have more than 6 in the vertical and horizontal scroll. Is this possible?

It keeps the icons bigger, like the stock look, and the text larger, for easy viewing.

Can it be done?
16th February 2010, 09:01 PM |#31  
Flag Northamptonshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon

I'd love an option to keep the visible links on the Home screen at 3, but have more than 6 in the vertical and horizontal scroll. Is this possible?

It keeps the icons bigger, like the stock look, and the text larger, for easy viewing.

Can it be done?

You'd have to ask Co0kieMonster about that mate. All this app does is give a GUI for his settings, and a few extra features. It doesn't actually make any changes to manila itself.

If it gets added to the home tab mod then I will add it into the next release of this application.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup quicklinks, co0kie's home tab, editor, export quicklinks, manila

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)