599 posts
Thanks Meter: 653

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2014, 09:46 AM |#1151  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 1,952

More
Pardon me if this has been told earlier but m having lot of wakelock issues... overnight drainage was about 20% which normally doesnt happens (1-3%max) .. it tops my list on wakelock detector.?

13th January 2014, 07:16 AM |#1152  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Would it be possible to implement an upper lux reading cutoff option (similar idea to the ignore 0 lux reading option)? I believe that would help with the Nexus 5 spiking in low light when held at certain angles.

See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=12470
13th January 2014, 08:11 AM |#1153  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Do you have the persistent notification enabled?

Thanks for the reply.
I just tested again and it seems to be working again, at least Dynamic (haven't tested periodic yet)
And yes, I already had it set to persistent notification.
13th January 2014, 03:20 PM |#1154  
New York City
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

the only new feature i want would be to be able to set a desired brightness level (for example 50%) by entering something like a start point (for example 50lm) and an end point (for example 80lm) and when the current ambient light reading is between those two userdefinable start and end points the brightness should stay 50% instead of having to link every single time when i think that the display is too bright or too dark. It can be something like the profiles used to turn wi-fi on and off by userdefined time - only in this case by userdefined ambient light values

Yes, this would be a nice feature.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
15th January 2014, 04:41 PM |#1155  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Cyb3rGlitch, for features I suggest
- changing profiles (night/day) by time (ATM possible with Tasker but I would prefer implementation into Lux) or by trigger-button in notification-bar
- customization of Lux-dash in notification-bar, e.g. I don't need a button for Astro-mode or for on/off, and would change the height/width of the bar and buttons. Also the position, it's always at the bottom, so not at a reliable place if there are other notifications..
The Following User Says Thank You to xfish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xfish Ad-Free
16th January 2014, 11:29 AM |#1156  
Flag Poland
Thanks Meter: 807

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfish

Cyb3rGlitch, for features I suggest
- changing profiles (night/day) by time (ATM possible with Tasker but I would prefer implementation into Lux) or by trigger-button in notification-bar
- customization of Lux-dash in notification-bar, e.g. I don't need a button for Astro-mode or for on/off, and would change the height/width of the bar and buttons. Also the position, it's always at the bottom, so not at a reliable place if there are other notifications..

The idea with changing night/day profile is good. However I think that combination of tasker and Lux with its tasker variables would be awesome. Imagine that you set up Tasker to change profile from day to night at 10 PM and depending on the lux read from the sensor. This case even if it will be 10 PM but you are in the bright room the screen will not dimm.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9100 przy użyciu Tapatalka
16th January 2014, 03:45 PM |#1157  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitoski

The idea with changing night/day profile is good. However I think that combination of tasker and Lux with its tasker variables would be awesome. Imagine that you set up Tasker to change profile from day to night at 10 PM and depending on the lux read from the sensor. This case even if it will be 10 PM but you are in the bright room the screen will not dimm.

Well this is indeed currently possible, simply enable plug-in support in Advanced-menu. This Tasker-support is built-in in Lux pro-version IIRC.
But built-in daytime/nighttime-switch would be one development-click away IMHO.
16th January 2014, 04:21 PM |#1158  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Sorry if this has been answered, but I didn't see anything when searching. What is the status of a Nexus 5 Plugin?

Also, When using Lux in Night mode on nexus 5 4.4.2, my navbar ends up turning into more of a solid bar than the translucent bar that more seamlessly blended into the rest of the screen. It seems to be affected by the "color temperature" being more noticeable as you go to a lower value.
16th January 2014, 04:59 PM |#1159  
Flag Poland
Thanks Meter: 807

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfish

Well this is indeed currently possible, simply enable plug-in support in Advanced-menu. This Tasker-support is built-in in Lux pro-version IIRC.
But built-in daytime/nighttime-switch would be one development-click away IMHO.

Currently you can set up tasker to change ptofilr (with plugin) and to check sensor, which uses more battery. What you can't do is to utilize built in tasker variables for lux.

Wysłane z mojego GT-N8010 przy użyciu Tapatalka
16th January 2014, 05:42 PM |#1160  
Flag Seremban
Thanks Meter: 98

Donate to Me
More
if we need the apps to control the lux. But need the games in full brightness. Can we do that ?

I try the exclude option, it just make the brightness remain in the last status when i start the game.
17th January 2014, 02:51 AM |#1161  
Flag Ostrołęka
Thanks Meter: 3

More
For me great feature would be option to change brightness basing not on luma or lux sensor, but on some kind of mathematical function of them. For example:
a*luma + b*lux
Where a and b are constants.
I am proposing that because I noticed that indoor luma sensor (camera) have much better resolution than lux sensor. Otherwise outdoor lux is better than luma.
For example:
Indoor:
Lights on:
lux=1;
luma=132;
Lights off:
lux=0;
luma=10;
Outdoor:
Very bright:
lux = 2000;
luma = 255;
Not so bright:
lux=300;
luma=255;
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malkovy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift malkovy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)