599 posts
Thanks Meter: 653

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th January 2014, 09:38 PM |#1171  
Flag Los Angeles Area
Thanks Meter: 164

More
I have been using Lux for over 1.5years or more now. And I love the program. But I was wondering if there is a way or maybe even add this feature.

I use my phone a lot in the car. Because the phone's light sensor is facing the rear window it doesn't quite work. Is there a way to disable Lux (sleep) when the phone goes to Car Mode; a way for Lux to detect Car Mode on/off? Or a feature where it automatically disable Lux when a MAC address is detected that is connected; so let say I conncet my phone to my car's bluetooth then it knows to turn off Lux?

When I use my phone in the car, I use Car Home Ultra. I have that program in sleep mode, that works.. but if I launch another app, Lux goes back to it's normal mode. So for example. While in Car Home Ultra home screen it's asleep.. great... but as soon as I launch Pandora, Lux comes back on and it lower the settings, but now i can't see the screen while in the car. If I put Pandora app in the sleep, Lux will do it, but then when I am not in the car it's just bright as hell.

30th January 2014, 09:47 PM |#1172  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 29,922

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbze430

I have been using Lux for over 1.5years or more now. And I love the program. But I was wondering if there is a way or maybe even add this feature.

I use my phone a lot in the car. Because the phone's light sensor is facing the rear window it doesn't quite work. Is there a way to disable Lux (sleep) when the phone goes to Car Mode; a way for Lux to detect Car Mode on/off? Or a feature where it automatically disable Lux when a MAC address is detected that is connected; so let say I conncet my phone to my car's bluetooth then it knows to turn off Lux?

When I use my phone in the car, I use Car Home Ultra. I have that program in sleep mode, that works.. but if I launch another app, Lux goes back to it's normal mode. So for example. While in Car Home Ultra home screen it's asleep.. great... but as soon as I launch Pandora, Lux comes back on and it lower the settings, but now i can't see the screen while in the car. If I put Pandora app in the sleep, Lux will do it, but then when I am not in the car it's just bright as hell.

You can do all of that with Tasker
30th January 2014, 09:50 PM |#1173  
Flag Los Angeles Area

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantjer

You can do all of that with Tasker

yes there are a lot of things you can do with Tasker... but

1) I don't want to have another app running in memory, because I already having a bunch (specially in car mode) and android starts to kill apps in the background
2) I don't know and not willing to learn the Tasker's scripting.
3) I don't want to pay for another app

However I do use a NFC Tasker (NFC Trigger), but for some reason it is not able to kill Lux.
30th January 2014, 09:52 PM |#1174  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbze430

yes there are a lot of things you can do with Tasker... but

1) I don't want to have another app running in memory, because I already having a bunch (specially in car mode) and android starts to kill apps in the background
2) I don't know and not willing to learn the Tasker's scripting.
3) I don't want to pay for another app

But you do want the developer spent days on your specific requirements
30th January 2014, 09:59 PM |#1175  
Flag Los Angeles Area

More
its only a suggestion... the developer can take it or leave it. I am not sticking a gun to his head to say he must do it.

Besides, I am sure it will benefit others that do not want to deal with Tasker scripting.

In the end it's up to the developer... somehow you seems to be answering for him to that regards...so same to YOU
2nd February 2014, 04:40 PM |#1176  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Hi guys, I bought this amazing app and I have a question: how does work the sub zero mode? It simply changes the display contrast value or the display brightness?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 06:16 PM |#1177  
Flag Savannah
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirovai

Hi guys, I bought this amazing app and I have a question: how does work the sub zero mode? It simply changes the display contrast value or the display brightness?

I believe the sub zero effect is accomplished through the use of an overlay.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 06:37 PM |#1178  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gamble

I believe the sub zero effect is accomplished through the use of an overlay.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

So it doesn't affect the battery usage.
How can I modify the min brightness value?
3rd February 2014, 08:53 AM |#1179  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirovai

So it doesn't affect the battery usage.
How can I modify the min brightness value?

i can tell you that it DOES affect the battery (saving lots of it, that is). This app is the perfect balance between saving your battery and being able to see your screen even in direct sunlight. You can try adding the following settings in the app's profile editor and see if it works for you :

Day
Luma Brightness
20 -50
120 -30
230 45

Night
Luma Brightness
1 -50
45 -35
100 -15

I didn't bother to edit the Car and Cinema modes, 'cause i don't use 'em

This is just an example for you to try. You can always edit the above values to your liking
3rd February 2014, 08:57 AM |#1180  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

i can tell you that it DOES affect the battery (saving lots of it, that is). This app is the perfect balance between saving your battery and being able to see your screen even in direct sunlight. You can try adding the following settings in the app's profile editor and see if it works for you :

For me the question is now is going sub zero effecting battery life in a positive way.
Since it's an overlay I guess not, but I hope I'm wrong.
3rd February 2014, 09:15 AM |#1181  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantjer

For me the question is now is going sub zero effecting battery life in a positive way.
Since it's an overlay I guess not, but I hope I'm wrong.

Depends. If your phone has AMOLED or Super AMOLED screen (like mine), then it definitely saves up battery, but if your display is LCD then it has no effect.
The Following User Says Thank You to koragg97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift koragg97 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)