[Q] - Xperia Sola .54 Stock Rom Update Fail

Search This thread

404_Not_Found

Apr 11, 2013
Ankara
ekmekspor.com
Hello everyone,

First of all this is my frist post, I'm sorry if I did something wrong.:silly:

I have rooted my xperia sola and flashed some mods, (Tweak&CPU - Xperia Z Launcher). I got .54 Official Rom, but Update Center keep saying there is an update. I tried many times to update but it says after rebooting "It has failed, Try Again."

What did I do wrong? :confused:

Thank you very much.:eek:

------

Screenshots (If It Helps)

Last edited:

Bhargav4591

Feb 25, 2013
Milwaukee
Do this , go to dialer , type #*#*7378423#*#*

Go to service info ---------> Software info
Check and POST the phone software version & File system version.
;)

404_Not_Found

Apr 11, 2013
Ankara
ekmekspor.com
What's the difference between 'Phone Software Version' and 'File System Version' ?
I got different values.

It says Phone Software V : 6.1.1.B.1.10
File System V : 6.1.1.B.1.54 :eek::confused:

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2

Bhargav4591

Feb 25, 2013
Milwaukee
What's the difference between 'Phone Software Version' and 'File System Version' ?
I got different values.

Ahh... a similar problem which i had ... the Phone software version is influenced by your kernel .. :silly:
Your kernel is based on b.1.10 and so your PCC assumes that your entire firmware is out of date and attempts to correct this though an update , which for obvious reasons , it can't cause you've unlocked your BL :p

Solution? Shift to an updated kernel of the one you are using , make sure it's either of the same version or higher than that of the ROM firmware .
Still if you cant get another kernel ,simply freeze the update app on Titanium Backup :victory:
Hope this helps ,
Press Thanks if it did =D

Ahh... a similar problem which i had ... the Phone software version is influenced by your kernel .. :silly:
Your kernel is based on b.1.10 and so your PCC assumes that your entire firmware is out of date and attempts to correct this though an update , which for obvious reasons , it can't cause you've unlocked your BL :p

Solution? Shift to an updated kernel of the one you are using , make sure it's either of the same version or higher than that of the ROM firmware .
Still if you cant get another kernel ,simply freeze the update app on Titanium Backup :victory:
Hope this helps ,

Mine are 6.1.B.1.75 and 6.1.B.1.54 so I don't think updating will help.

Bhargav4591

Feb 25, 2013
Milwaukee
Mine are 6.1.B.1.75 and 6.1.B.1.54 so I don't think updating will help.

So you're being asked to update even though your kernel is based on 6.1.B.1.75 (higher) :eek: ... odd ...... try getting a kernel that matches your file system version i.e a 6.1.B.1.54 kernel(stock or custom) this should hopefully work . Else , since you've unlocked your BL ,why not use a custom ROM ?

Last edited:
I don't know how I got .75 sw version(about phone shows .54), but my kernel is based on latest official sources(Vengeance 1.26 kernel). When I asked developer about this, he said it's normal with unlocked BL. As for custom rom, I'm planning to install one, I'm just searching for one that fits me perfectly.

Sent from my MT27i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Bhargav4591

Feb 25, 2013
Milwaukee
I don't know how I got .75 sw version(about phone shows .54), but my kernel is based on latest official sources(Vengeance 1.26 kernel). When I asked developer about this, he said it's normal with unlocked BL. As for custom rom, I'm planning to install one, I'm just searching for one that fits me perfectly.

If you're just annoyed with the update notification , freeze 'update center 'app via Titanium backup =P

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got different values.

Hope this helps ,
    You have unlocked bootloader right? Sony PCC have problems with such phones(mine too) showing that there is update, when you had already updated. Just ignore it for now, but you won't be able to install future updates