ICS Source out!

Search This thread

zabaknilesh

Dec 27, 2008
Mumbai
Where can I find the official list of supported phones in cynogen 9 ?

Is my Little Legend listed ? any small chance or is it time to change the phone?

LiViD

Aug 27, 2010
Smithers, BC
CM made it known that they were dropping all devices that had lower than 512MB RAM. I don't know how less official that can be.

LiViD

Aug 27, 2010
Smithers, BC
Last edited:

Cristian_berme

Jan 31, 2012
Madrid
I think that ali ba try to say that will be a new CM version for our Legends (Maybe CM7.2?) but no CM9, so they're not realy dropping devices like the Legend, they're just making 2 types of CM: the one for older devices (CM 7.x) and the one for devices that support ICS (CM9).
I think the reason of that is because they don't want to drop older devices.

Nuxil

Sep 27, 2010
www.traber-wintergarten.de
I think that ali ba try to say that will be a new CM version for our Legends (Maybe CM7.2?) but no CM9, so they're not realy dropping devices like the Legend, they're just making 2 types of CM: the one for older devices (CM 7.x) and the one for devices that support ICS (CM9).
I think the reason of that is because they don't want to drop older devices.
I think you are right.

@LiViD: By the way, ali ba is maintainer of cyanogenmod for the htc legend ;)

LiViD

Aug 27, 2010
Smithers, BC
That may be the case, but he should be aware of the CM founder stating that a change is being made with the future of older device support. A lot of us wanted to see ICS for this device, not another Gingerbread revamp.

Last edited:

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
One thing i dont think livid didn't understood is that only cm9 suport was being dropped for certain older devices, not continued development of cm7 although seen as cyanogen hasn't put anything out for legend since November it does make one wonder. I think development of cm9 might be a bit more of a priority ATM.

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

LiViD

Aug 27, 2010
Smithers, BC
A lot of people are not going to care about the continued development of CM7 as Gingerbread has already been superseded by ICS. When I knew the Legend was not going to receive official ICS support, I jumped to my Optimus LTE.

7.2 might as well just be a 'Service Pack' update to 7.0/7.1. It doesn't bring anything new to the table for this device.

ali ba

Retired Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Vienna
derhofbauer.at
Then you're lacking information.
As usual.

The Legend will not see CM9, and that's pretty much the evidence of that being the truth.
I never said the Legend was going to be updated to CM9, even though I wished that was possible.

I think that ali ba try to say that will be a new CM version for our Legends (Maybe CM7.2?) but no CM9, so they're not realy dropping devices like the Legend, they're just making 2 types of CM
Exactly.

That may be the case, but he should be aware of the CM founder stating that a change is being made with the future of older device support. A lot of us wanted to see ICS for this device, not another Gingerbread revamp.
I'm aware of a lot of things (but thanks for the reminder on what I should do, I love it when people do that).
I know users wanted to see a fully functional ICS running on their Legend. I'm also aware that proprietary drivers and for some parts hardware simply don't permit that. I too want a lot of things, but I don't believe in miracles any more.

I think development of cm9 might be a bit more of a priority ATM.
Yes, that's certainly true. No ETAs on that, but we will definitely push out an official RC for 7.x devices in the next few years.

A lot of people are not going to care about the continued development of CM7 as Gingerbread has already been superseded by ICS.
We still do care. Most of us already spend our time doing stuff nobody pays us for, so, well, we tend to waste it anyway. ;)

When I knew the Legend was not going to receive official ICS support, I jumped to my Optimus LTE.
Wasn't it already time for an upgrade anyway?
Compared to the desktop world the Legend might still be quite young, but in the fast moving environment of Android two years old hardware can't be expected to compete with current devices.
Oh, and by the way, why do you still care if you already moved on?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We could find a dev and pay him to make ics work...

I still don't get why people always think it's sufficient to wave some (most of the times ridiculously low amounts of) money in the air to make everyone dance to their music. :rolleyes:

Fact is, you won't be able to afford paying a developer full time. You won't find a good guy that is not trying to rip you off, believe me. And, you won't understand the Open Source community if you continue thinking that you can fix everything with money.

Or we could simply donate to ali ba! He deserves some financial support..

Thank you for you support, but I don't think that this is necessary. I'm not asking anyone for donations, I'm doing it for the fun and I never did it for the money.

In fact the sum of all donations I got from a few much appreciated supporters do not even make up for the price of my Legend (not even half of it). Not that I don't enjoy a beer now and then, but to earn my living I have to do other things.
    Oh, cool, you are already hacking on it to make it work on the Legend?
    No big deal guys. Just put a few hundred hours of work into the ICS sources and it will probably work on the Legend. Or rather not.