[ROM][6-30-12] Andromadus Audacity Beta 5 [ICS]

Search This thread

natabbotts

Jan 5, 2011
Glasgow
Testers are always welcome! Head on over to the JB thread. I'm not sure if netflix works, I don't use it, but if it works on other ICS roms then it will probably work in JB. You may need to disable hardware overlays in developer options.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

ahmadka

Feb 12, 2011
Is there any update to BETA 5 coming out soon ? .. I want to upgrade from BETA 4, but I can wait if any newer version is due out soon ...

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Next Beta will likely be a JB build, not ICS build, and that will probably take a bit more time. If you want an ICS build that's more stable and featureful than this, look at the Mimicry thread. Mimicry = Andromadus + some added features that are completely optional in AROMA. No reason to still be running these Andromadus beta builds IMO.

Justin20020

Aug 12, 2012
yes i did. I've reinstalled the rom but now I'm stuck in the Color-Boot. I mean the boot animation after the HTC Logo.

I don't know how I fix that :/

-edit-

I reflashed it and did a fullwipe again. Now it works fine o_O :D

Last edited:

mnasledov

Oct 23, 2010
San Bruno, CA
If you want to compile this, it is MUCH easier on 10.04 LTS, simply because the compilers are too new on 11.10, save yourself some trouble with that.

I'm getting the source very soon, and will TRY to get at least a bootable rom. :p

You know, you can have multiple versions of gcc installed on your system. On Debian I had issues with building with the default sid gcc (4.7.x), but that's easily solved with something like ...

$ CC=gcc-4.6 CXX=g++-4.6 brunch cm_vision-userdebug

Why change the universe to fix a problem instead of just fixing the problem (use the proper version of gcc)? Just apt-get install gcc-4.6 if you don't have it.

Akdor 1154

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Just fyi (I am using Mimicry actually, but the problem seemed common to this as well when I used to use it, so posting here), the random slowdowns that kinda appear to be related to multitasking on ICS roms such as this seem to correspond with emmc-qd (I assume the kernel module responsible for onboard flash IO) using up a lot of CPU. This is with and without a swap partition on my SD card enabled. As previously stated in both threads, turning max background procs down to 2 makes the problem far less common, but then I start losing half written messages when I'm checking something in Opera, etc..
I'm actually switching to cm7 now as it's getting too much to live with, but maybe this is helpful for a dev to look at? I've tried mucking with different IO schedulers to not much avail (SIO by default).

Danish-45

Dec 17, 2020
I got it to compile on RHEL, but only after removing all of the installed OpenJDK and installing the sun-JDK devel packages. Otherwise, I was getting an "Error 41" It took about 6 hours real-time using "make -j16" on a quad-core i7-860 machine with 4GB ram.

Reactions: redspeed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Andromadus
    Presents
    Andromadus Audacity Beta 5

We have come a long way since our first attempts back in November '11. I am proud to say we have finally hit beta. With hitting the new milestone we have added a new word to our ROM and that is Audacity. Why did we put Audacity in the name? Well the word Audacity means: boldness or daring, especially with confident or arrogant disregard for personal safety, conventional thought, or other restrictions. And that is exactly what we were when we took on the task of Ice Cream Sandwich for our HTC Vision/G2/Desire Z. We hope you enjoy our rom!

What is This?
    We present to you ICS built from source for your HTC Vision, G2, or Desire Z. This thread will also be used for all DEVing for ICS until we work out all the kinks with it.

What Works?
    Radio ( Phone & Mobile Data, SMS/MMS )
    Touchscreen
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Physical Keyboard
    Audio
    Real Full HW Accel
    Screen Orientation
    GPS ( Kinda )
    USB - UMS
    Camera ( Kinda )
    Other Things

What Doesn't?
    You Tell Me

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Downloads

If you still have GooManager installed just restart your phone or click Check for rom updates and it should ask you to download.

or

http://goo.im/devs/andromadus/audacityb5.zip
    md5: 107d4a85a7111b71880f3356fb16058e

or
    http://goo.gl/CJxxe

GAPPS
    If you still have GooManager installed just restart your phone or click Check for gapps updates and it should ask you to download.

or

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

or

http://goo.gl/s7I2X

Change Log
    Beta 5:
    Coming Soon

Bug Tracker
    How to report bugs? Use our Bug Tracker! Be sure to include a logcat and/or dmesg.

http://bugs.andromadus.com/projects/vision-beta

The Team
    Darkspadez
    Flinny
    Snadge
    Ionic
    Jhall
    Xep
    Fyodor
    Blk_Jack

Special Thanks
    mdeejay
    Tsubus
    dh-harold
    crowstar
    Flemmard
    CyanogenMod
    Lord Clockan
    Twisted Umbrella
    OdiemanSAM
    Fattire
    Google
    HTC
    Testers
    Anyone who I forgot
    Andromadus Alpha 13

As usual here you go...Dark can clean up shortly :D

Andromadus Alpha 13 mini changelog.

I have been spending much of my free time on this recently and unless some things change after this release is out I will have to slow down a little as there is loads of work I need to do that I have been putting off to work on this. Would be that working on this paid then I could pay somebody to do the work I need to do and continue kanging away, That not being the case you'll all just have to be patient for a while instead :)

So many things have changed that I'm not going to list them all as you would still be reading them hours from now, if you're really that interested you can read the commit History on github, some of them might be slightly amusing even as there isn't a way to stop me committing stuff when drunk, which is a fair bit of the time!

Qcom OMX integrated - SD YouTube fixed, Netflix Fixed
    CRT on/off animation fixed (on seems a little funky but hey....)
    Custom LED notifications
    Switched to Cyanogenmod Volume Wake and Volume music control (old toggles removed)
    Fixed the Flashlight power widget
    Integrated CM's signal settings (6 bar toggle still works if you have icon's selected)
    Lots of Qcom media/display updates.
    Switched to using Lord Clockan's kernel, I like it.
    Camera updates (is it just me being lucky or do most of the artifacts on pics at 5MP go away after you take a few pictures?)
    Loads of other stuff CM changed/fixed/added along the way.
    Goo manager included (dark made me do it...)
    So much more that I can't remember!
    Tweaks included!

Use whatever gapps you like but I'm still using v11 quite happily!
    If you have issues do a SUPERWIPE and REFLASH everything before clogging the thread up. REALLY!

http://downloads.andromadus.com/files/Andromadus_Alpha13.zip
    http://www.flinny.org/Andromadus_Alpha13.zip

Nick.
    This is my final warning:

1.) Please stop "moderating" this thread. There is no need to have people posting the same warning every few comments. IE "Use the thanks button" - Obviously they are not listening, and it is just as un-useful as the posts saying thank you.

2.) If your post starts with "this will probably get me in trouble but..." DO NOT F***ing post it!

3.) Read the OP and report bugs in the bug tracker...this is still a development thread, let them do their thing.

4.) NEVER should you be rushing them to get to work. Remember, they do this on there own time, and for free. If you want it faster, learn to do it yourself.

5.) If your post is not going to aid in the development DO NOT POST!!!!

On a last note: I will no longer be issuing warnings. I will be issuing infractions.
    Andromadus
    Presents
    Andromadus Audacity Beta 1

We have come a long way since our first attempts back in November '11. I am proud to say we have finally hit beta. With hitting the new milestone we have added a new word to our ROM and that is Audacity. Why did we put Audacity in the name? Well the word Audacity means: boldness or daring, especially with confident or arrogant disregard for personal safety, conventional thought, or other restrictions. And that is exactly what we were when we took on the task of Ice Cream Sandwich for our HTC Vision/G2/Desire Z. We hope you enjoy our rom!

Changelog:
    Updated to Qcom's ICS Adreno libs
    Updated patches for a few things from CM, profiles etc,
    Whatever else CM has changed in the mean time.
    And obviously everything else I forgot about.
    Camera works with a few "issues"
    There are 2 5MP options the first one produces complete garbage, the second works find apart from a small line across the bottom, sometimes it's there sometimes's it's green, sometimes it's pink, occasionally it goes away until the next reboot when it's back again.....
    Camcorder - yes it works only at one res at the moment though 720x480
    Panorama works also.
    Had another go at fixing usb tethering as well...
    Other bug fixes and patches not mentioned here.

Rom Download
    If you still have GooManager installed just restart your phone or click Check for rom updates and it should ask you to download.

or

http://goo-inside.me/devs/andromadus/audacityb1.zip

GAPPS
    http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

Thanks for all your support,
    Andromadus Team
    So here we are again, as I mentioned I'm rather busy so this could have been out days ago if I had the time. Whoever decided that decorating half a house at once was a good idea is clearly insane! oh wait....

What's changed?

Updated to Qcom's ICS Adreno libs
    Updated patches for a few things from CM, profiles etc,
    Whatever else CM has changed in the mean time.
    And obviously everything else I forgot about.

Now the big ones...

Camera works with a few "issues"
    There are 2 5MP options the first one produces complete garbage, the second works find apart from a small line across the bottom, sometimes it's there sometimes's it's green, sometimes it's pink, occasionally it goes away until the next reboot when it's back again.....
    Camcorder - yes it works only at one res at the moment though 720x480
    Panorama works also.
    Had another go at fixing usb tethering as well...

I think that's us "Feature Complete"

Which means......naa I leave that for dark :)