[WIKI] for the Xperia Play

Search This thread

akirosakiros

Jul 26, 2012
Love xperia play

Rom xperia play a very cost effective to buy a stable rom xperia play it with my xperia play.

TheKroom

May 29, 2012
Thanks!!!!

I have a question! I have a R800a, but I'm using a firmware R800i .62. My 3g signal gets weak.

R800a UMTS HSPA 800, 850, 1900, 2100
GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900

R800i UMTS HSPA 900, 2100 GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900

my phone carrier: GSM 900/1800

this is why?

sorry for my bad english.

Nintendonly

Sep 22, 2012
Thanks!!!!

I have a question! I have a R800a, but I'm using a firmware R800i .62. My 3g signal gets weak.

R800a UMTS HSPA 800, 850, 1900, 2100
GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900

R800i UMTS HSPA 900, 2100 GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900

my phone carrier: GSM 900/1800

this is why?

sorry for my bad english.

I have a similar problem, but I don't seem to get a 3G signal at all. My Xperia Play 4G (R800at) is unlocked and currently working on T-Mobile. I know that in order for AT&T phones to work on T-Mobile's 4G they need to accept a 1900MHz signal, and right now T-Mobile has very limited 1900MHz frequency locations. However, I came across one yesterday but only briefly (3G T-Mobile showed up in my Network Operators settings under Mobile Network Settings), but I was unable to connect to it because I got this error message: "Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network". Is there a way to fix this? Also, what should the optimized APN settings be?

wuby

Jul 1, 2012
Rom xperia play a very cost effective to buy a stable rom xperia play it with my xperia play.

24607535.jpg

ultraprimeomega

Oct 31, 2006
Texas
I have a similar problem, but I don't seem to get a 3G signal at all. My Xperia Play 4G (R800at) is unlocked and currently working on T-Mobile. I know that in order for AT&T phones to work on T-Mobile's 4G they need to accept a 1900MHz signal, and right now T-Mobile has very limited 1900MHz frequency locations. However, I came across one yesterday but only briefly (3G T-Mobile showed up in my Network Operators settings under Mobile Network Settings), but I was unable to connect to it because I got this error message: "Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network". Is there a way to fix this? Also, what should the optimized APN settings be?

You need a new sim and i dont mean just a brand new sim but one made for 4g

Can this be added to the wiki? Once bootloader unlock on R800at and R800a, R800i Firmware can be flashed to AT and A models and vise-versa (AT,A,i)

Last edited:

Melidian

Oct 17, 2012
Supercharger settings for XPeria Play ?

Hi,

Could you add the supercharger settings that are working in the best manner for the XPeria Play ?
I guess it could appear in the wiki section dedicated to Supercharger.

One time, I tried to supercharge my XPeria Play with the stock sony rom and I only got a frozen screen on reboot.
Clockworkmod saved my day that day... Thanks Clockwork !

From what I understood, the supercharger settings are designing the way the phone will perform.
This means you could put a supercharger configuration performing well on multitasking and another one dedicated to intensive gaming...

Thanks a lot anyway, the wiki is definitely an excellent idea ! :)

D

Deleted member 4932462

Thank you for the wiki it has a lot of good information about our great phone :)

xfbi98

Mar 9, 2012
Thank you very, very much.

You've done a very good and useful job. Please, keep updating it.

Micclo13

Dec 12, 2012
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Password Reset

I was playing around with the password and now locked my phone and don't know what the password is to get into the phone. Does anyone know how to reset the password. There is a lot of stuff on the phone.

chery2k

Jun 13, 2012
Bay Area
I was playing around with the password and now locked my phone and don't know what the password is to get into the phone. Does anyone know how to reset the password. There is a lot of stuff on the phone.

Did you create a cwm backup before you had this problem? If not there is not much you can do but do a fresh install of stock. (Clean) Or you should google your problem to find your solution.

veex93

Aug 25, 2013
Great job man, if it was no by this wiki, I wouldint know about the metodh to have one xperi play rooted in 2.3.4, cheers!

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Dude, don't know how to, but I know there is a way: adb or something like that

You connect the android in the PC and run this program, its like cmd from widows, search on net for that, good luck!

EDIT: Bro, look at this, hope this help you http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1409304

aanuu

May 13, 2014
Great, that's helped.
Can someone helped with my Xperia Play's front camera doesn't working, i tried to changed rom but nothing happen, can someone suggest me?:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,
    well wiki and sticky are up - so lets gather more information ;)
    If u got some ideas of missing topics - just add them or post it here...

thanks for helping Piratetris, XHale931

OLD:
    got my Xperiay Play since Friday.
    Since I searched and found a lot of information since that day, I wondered why we dont have a propper complilation... like the ones im used to have from other devices.
    Since this thread is not maintained anymore and its hard to updated it all by one person alone I thought about using the wiki wich is totaly underrated here at XDA anyway.

So I added a picture and started creating the WIKI page for our beloved device - wich didn't exist yet ;)

Since im quite new here and I propably don't know all the things and my time is very limited atm - any help is welcome - feel free to add your favourite content and correct all the mistakes and typing mistakes I did ;)
    e.g. add the hardware specs,...
    Please keep the structure clean and don't go into detail too much so it doesn't get blown...

@Mod: would be nice if this got pinned since many people really don't know and use the wiki at xda atm ;)
    editing as we speak :]
    Fixed phone models and colors. Fixed a crap ton of spelling errors so it actually looks decent. Fixed false information.
    Stuck it
    Good idea, keep it growing :)
    Best, DK
    If you need any help with Wiki clean ups, I have a fair knowledge of making them look good. I was and still am an admin for the EQ2Emulator wiki (;