FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,607 Vote(s)
64.02%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.53%
I don't know.

488 Vote(s)
19.44%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
21st September 2019, 01:55 AM |#43931  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,865

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netcracker

I'm almost there, but the problem is this / at the end of folder name that i'm stuck with. So any help would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Try pm list packages -f | grep -o "system/app/[a-zA-Z]*"

Match literally system/app/ and any lowercase letter a through z plus any uppercase letter A through Z repeated unlimited times. Will match up to, but not including the slash character.

You can use bracket notation to include numbers as well, if needed. I'll leave that as an exercise for you.

Hint: this is actually using regular expression (regEx) matching with grep.

And don't forget underscores and all other special characters.

I would of gone with a "cut" which can simply remove the last character.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 03:22 AM |#43932  
Thanks Meter: 2,222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

And don't forget underscores and all other special characters.

I would of gone with a "cut" which can simply remove the last character.

ok, then let's use sed

pm list packages -f | grep -o "system/app.*\/" | sed s/.$//
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 05:35 AM |#43933  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

When the phone is in FRP mode, you have limited options. The best way to deal with FRP is to log into the Google account on the device using the last login information that was on the phone. That may not be your account if the previous user's account was not removed prior to resetting.

My problem here is that I can't even go to Google Sign-In because of no network. GSM won't work and while my WiFi is detected, it can't connect. Is there a way for me to connect to the internet still with this dilemma?
21st September 2019, 01:36 PM |#43934  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy396

My problem here is that I can't even go to Google Sign-In because of no network. GSM won't work and while my WiFi is detected, it can't connect. Is there a way for me to connect to the internet still with this dilemma?

Getting the device to connect by WiFi is the best bet. Can you try a different one? If the SSID is hidden, sometimes broadcasting it just to get connected will help.
21st September 2019, 02:16 PM |#43935  

More
Quote:

Getting the device to connect by WiFi is the best bet. Can you try a different one? If the SSID is hidden, sometimes broadcasting it just to get connected will help.

I've tried. Two different router connections, two pocket wifis, and several phones' mobile hotspot connection.
21st September 2019, 04:04 PM |#43936  

More
Quote:

I've tried. Two different router connections, two pocket wifis, and several phones' mobile hotspot connection.

Without a data connection, and unable to connect to WiFi (I forgot that is what started your trouble), I don't really have any suggestions for getting past the FRP.
22nd September 2019, 12:50 AM |#43937  
Thanks Meter: 408

More
Hello.I have a tv box with viper4android installed.sound from my connected surround,have became really gorgeous after v4a.But there is a problem.Some tracks have really louder bass from other tracks,so I have manually to lower bass either from surround remote,either from v4a.so my question is:Is there any way,widget,app etc so I can set 2 custom keys from my wireless keyboard to increase/decrease v4a "dynamic system" value quickly?
22nd September 2019, 02:16 AM |#43938  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,865

More
Quote:

Quote:

Without a data connection, and unable to connect to WiFi (I forgot that is what started your trouble), I don't really have any suggestions for getting past the FRP.

I have never tried anything like this myself, but I have a very vague memory that you could tether the device over usb. And to not embarrass myself too much, I did a quick search.
https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...ough-usb-cable
https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...ering-over-usb
22nd September 2019, 02:32 AM |#43939  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I have never tried anything like this myself, but I have a very vague memory that you could tether the device over usb. And to not embarrass myself too much, I did a quick search.
https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...ough-usb-cable
https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...ering-over-usb

I've used gnirehtet before, but this time it just won't connect to the phone. I did it before to transfer some files but I really wanted to get WiFi connection so the gnirehtet was removed from the phone during factory reset.
22nd September 2019, 10:40 AM |#43940  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Yes, I think that statement is true. As a general rule, when recovering from a problem, I use the same stock version as what was last on the device. This helps ensure bootloader, vendor, modem, ect firmware are matching what is currently on the device.

Hello again to my XDA family. I have a strange revelation, I would like to share. Based on my issue as mentioned previously, I managed to install this zip HTCU11_Dev_Deodexed_Oreo_2.42.617.1.zip through twrp. It booted but I still can't receive phone calls not hearing caller and vice versa. So I then installed Slim-ocn-9.build.0.1-UNOFFICIAL-20181206-2330.zip with gapps. It booted and all still no phone calls, except through whatsapp voice call method. Also bear in mind in the download mode screen main version has not changed and remains 3.37.617.1 can someone tell me what I need to do to return to Oreo with normal calls please. Thanks in advance all
22nd September 2019, 12:19 PM |#43941  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdarkie

Hello again to my XDA family. I have a strange revelation, I would like to share. Based on my issue as mentioned previously, I managed to install this zip HTCU11_Dev_Deodexed_Oreo_2.42.617.1.zip through twrp. It booted but I still can't receive phone calls not hearing caller and vice versa. So I then installed Slim-ocn-9.build.0.1-UNOFFICIAL-20181206-2330.zip with gapps. It booted and all still no phone calls, except through whatsapp voice call method. Also bear in mind in the download mode screen main version has not changed and remains 3.37.617.1 can someone tell me what I need to do to return to Oreo with normal calls please. Thanks in advance all

The call thing is due to modem compatibility. Flashing non-stock, isn't going to help you. The downgrade thread was linked in the previous thread I posted:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3962791
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)