[ROM][2012.06.20] AlterROM Redux v1.0.1 [4.67-Senseless][AROMA]

Which version of Quick Settings would you like to see in AlterROM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

jazzbass12

Sep 1, 2007
Update the kernel to the latest version for best results. The kernels included in the last version of AlterROM Redux are depricated. Also, make sure to allow time for the kernel to settle. Try changing the governor and/or IO scheduler for the kernel. No combination of kernel/governor/scheduler will work the same for every device, due to varying hardware versions and some other things that are beyond my understanding. You just have to play with it and find the combination that works best for you.

If you are having the same issues across multiple kernels and configurations, grab some logs and I will see if I can find what is causing the drains.

Sorry to be a pain...where do I find latest kernel and is SetCpu ok for changing governor?
Thanks

grayn0de

Mar 10, 2009
Austin, Tx
www.grayn0de.com
Sorry to be a pain...where do I find latest kernel and is SetCpu ok for changing governor?
Thanks

Check the Dev section for the kernel threads (usually makred with [KERNEL]) and download the flashable zips from there. TBH, I've not used SetCPU in years, but if not the free version of ROM Toolbox will do what you need. There are other apps to do it, as well, but I am only really familiar with that one.

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
Just noticed the part about the baby. Many congratulations.

Still flashing back to my nandroid of this ROM whenever I need things to be fast, polished and stable...

coolstone

Nov 2, 2009
> Apps2SD & Dalvik2SD enabled

Question to grayn0de:

1. Is Apps2SD & Dalvik2SD function the same as DT-A2SD?

I found that it is just like moving apps to SD card as the original system function does. There is no Ext2 or ext 3 partition that we can install many apps.

2. What does Wifi-n support? It can receive further wifi? Or it can give out wireless-n signal?

Thanks for your explanation!

Simon

Last edited:

grayn0de

Mar 10, 2009
Austin, Tx
www.grayn0de.com

1. Is Apps2SD & Dalvik2SD function the same as DT-A2SD?

Simon

It is exactly DT-A2SD. If the SD card is partitioned with EXT2/3, then it will move apps and dalvik-cache to that partition. Otherwise, it functions as stock Android.

2. What does Wifi-n support? It can receive further wifi? Or it can give out wireless-n signal?

Simon

It allows you to connect to wireless-N access points, which is not a default capability of the device. I believe it still creates wireless-G networks, when using wifi tether, etc.

coolstone

Nov 2, 2009
It is exactly DT-A2SD. If the SD card is partitioned with EXT2/3, then it will move apps and dalvik-cache to that partition. Otherwise, it functions as stock Android.

It allows you to connect to wireless-N access points, which is not a default capability of the device. I believe it still creates wireless-G networks, when using wifi tether, etc.

Grayn0de,

Thanks for your reply!

After your answer, I reboot my EVO to recovery and partition my SD card (32GB) and made 2GB Ext2/3 space by clockwordmed. Then I reboot to system and found my SD card is only 28GB now, moved my apps to SD card. But I found the moved apps are still in FAT partition, not in the EXT2/3 partition.

Should I re-install this ROM after I partitioned the SD card that the system recognize the EXT2/3 partition?

Thanks for your help! This ROM rocks! Very few Rom has working 4G!

Stone

grayn0de

Mar 10, 2009
Austin, Tx
www.grayn0de.com
Grayn0de,

Thanks for your reply!

After your answer, I reboot my EVO to recovery and partition my SD card (32GB) and made 2GB Ext2/3 space by clockwordmed. Then I reboot to system and found my SD card is only 28GB now, moved my apps to SD card. But I found the moved apps are still in FAT partition, not in the EXT2/3 partition.

Should I re-install this ROM after I partitioned the SD card that the system recognize the EXT2/3 partition?

Thanks for your help! This ROM rocks! Very few Rom has working 4G!

Stone

Yes. The dta2sd scripts run on first boot to create the proper symlinks, so you'll need to wipe and reinstall to get it set up completely. After the reinstall, you do not need to manually move the apps to sd. It will be done automatically.

coolstone

Nov 2, 2009
Thanks a lot!

One more question, what size of Ext 2/3 space is more stable? 1 Gb or 2 Gb, or it doesn't mater?

Thanks!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

coolstone

Nov 2, 2009
Cool! Thanks for the quick reply!

I love this forum!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

coolstone

Nov 2, 2009
Yes. The dta2sd scripts run on first boot to create the proper symlinks, so you'll need to wipe and reinstall to get it set up completely. After the reinstall, you do not need to manually move the apps to sd. It will be done automatically.

Grayn0de,

I followed your instruction, partitioned the SD Card to 1024Mb, 0mb Swap, then re-installed the 1.01 and 1.02. But when I installed some apps, I found that it didn't automatically move to Ext2/3. And when I tried to move some apps to SD card, it will move to Ext2/3. I checked the Disk Drive mode, there is no apps in .android_secure folder.

So it works now!

So thanks everyone!!

PS. I suddenly found that the international input was removed in the language & input part. I tried many Chinese input, but not a good one so far. Thanks!

Stone

coolstone

Nov 2, 2009
Grayn0de,

After I found the Kernel drained my battery quickly, I decided to test which kernel is better to have longer battery life. I reinstalled the ROM, V1.01 first, then flashed V1.02. But for 3 times, the screen didn't go to the page to reboot. And 4 times it went to that page. And sometimes the apps always were forced closed...too ...

But the battery life is not good. So I go back to classic kernel.

Now the problem is:

After I rebooted to the system, and moved the apps to SD, the apps are still in SD card Fat partition, not in Ext partition.

Could you help me find some reasons?

Thanks!

Last edited:

grayn0de

Mar 10, 2009
Austin, Tx
www.grayn0de.com
Grayn0de,

After I found the Kernel drained my battery quickly, I decided to test which kernel is better to have longer battery life. I reinstalled the ROM, V1.01 first, then flashed V1.02. But for 3 times, the screen didn't go to the page to reboot. And 4 times it went to that page. And sometimes the apps always were forced closed...too ...

But the battery life is not good. So I go back to classic kernel.

Now the problem is:

After I rebooted to the system, and moved the apps to SD, the apps are still in SD card Fat partition, not in Ext partition.

Could you help me find some reasons?

Thanks!

Sorry for the lack of reply, coolstone, family life has had me in a bit of a strangle hold. Are you still having problems? Feel free to PM me, directly. Everything in this ROM, as is, is deprecated and should be upgraded manually to the latest version, especially kernels.

coolstone

Nov 2, 2009
Sorry for the lack of reply, coolstone, family life has had me in a bit of a strangle hold. Are you still having problems? Feel free to PM me, directly. Everything in this ROM, as is, is deprecated and should be upgraded manually to the latest version, especially kernels.

Totally understand it!! It's important!!

I will pm you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AlterROM Redux (Codename: CHIMERA) is a custom Android ROM for the HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic) which aims for optimal speed, rock solid stability and a high level of customization. Based on a highly optimized version of the 4.67 OTA update, but with most of the SenseUI removed, AlterROM gives you the stability of stock without all of the overhead of Sense 1.0. Utilizing the powerful AROMA Installer, AlterROM gives you the power to choose exactly which modifications you would like in your ROM when you flash, from alternative launchers to custom kernels and everything in-between. AlterROM aims to allow you to make your phone truly yours!

Features
    > Advanced Power Menu
    > Hacked Hotspot
    > CRT Animations
    > Native Screenshot
    > Transparency added to Settings
    > Transparency (70% white) added to Notifications/Quick Settings
    > Nano, sysro/sysrw installed
    > Enabled SIP over 3G/4G
    > FroYo EPST for access to all ##DATA# Settings
    > Performance Tweaks
    > 7-Tab Browser
    > Standard & Extended Quick Settings with Battery Bar integrated
    > 1% Battery Icon (GB Stock) for Standard & Extended Quick Settings
    > Touches of green (glows, etc.)
    > Deodex (Odex option via AlterScript)
    > Add/Remove Software feature in Installer
    > Volume Key mods (Volume Rocker & Volume Wake)
    > Incremental-style updates for AlterROM users
    > OTA Updates through ROM Manager

ROM Options
    > Root Method (Superuser, SuperSU)
    > Launcher (GO Launcher EX, ADW.Launcher, Launcher Pro, AOSP (Gingerbread), Holo Launcher (ICS))
    > Quick Settings (Standard, Extended)
    > Battery Indicator (Battery Bar, 1% Stock Icon)
    > Fonts (DroidSans (Gingerbread), Roboto (ICS))
    > Audio Enhancement (DSP Manager, Beats Audio, Sony XLoud)
    > Kernel (Underworld, Classic, Lionfish (Stock))
    > Superior Battery Charging
    > Optional Applications (Stock, Google, Third-Party)
    > Dex Type (Deodex, Odex)

Known Bugs
    > Some default homescreen shortcuts for alternative launchers do not work on Odex setup. Re-add from App Drawer to fix.

REPORTING BUGS
    You can report bugs in this thread or via PM and I will handle them as soon as I can. I am very active on this thread, so bug reports usually result in quick fixes or updates to AlterROM. Please supply the following information, when submitting a bug:

1) Detailed description of the bug/issue (verbosity is awesome!)
    2) Prop files (saved in /sdcard/AlterROM/setup) or AROMA Log ('Save Log' option at end of Installation Process)
    3) Other mods made that alter the default setup (such as any third-party scripts or init.d/build.prop tweaks)
    4) logcat, dmesg and last_kmesg, as needed (See this thread for instructions)

Special Thanks to (in no particular order):
    tommytomatoe | Papa Smurf151 | ca1ne | GruesomeWolf & Team Nocturnal | swagstr | SteelH | PvyParts | freeza | detcup4evr | RockoDev | XxXPachaXxX
    The Beta Testers: 88exp88, NxNW, Psichi, volk9029, wudstock54
    ... all users of the original AlterROM
    ... & anyone else I've left out (let me know and I'll add you)!

Thank you all for helping me to make AlterROM what it is today! You rock!

Contributing to the AlterROM Project
    I do this for the sheer joy that comes from hacking the Android platform, so if you like this ROM, click the "Thanks" button. You can also contribute by submitting bug reports and suggestions or creating themes/mods for AlterROM (see post #2). If you wish to contribute further and help me keep my equipment going, you can donate here.
    Downloads, Installation Instructions & More

Installation Instructions
    1) Backup Apps/Settings & Do a Nandroid backup
    2) If coming from another ROM (even the original AlterROM), Wipe all through recovery
    3) Flash update zip & follow on-screen instructions
    4) Reboot
    5) Give the ROM a few minutes to settle on first boot. Depending on how many optional apps you've installed it can take some time for the everything to startup and the performance to normalize. Be patient.
    6) Enjoy!

DOWNLOADS

ROMS:
    > AlterROM Redux v1.0.0 - md5: 8b1c3bafbe4bc10ff84d3e6b96b0e646 | Mirror 1 (Dev-Host)
    > AlterROM Redux v1.0.1 - md5: cfaa14af9568c8ddf32915939ec1ef9b
    > AlterROM Redux v1.0.2 (patch) - md5: aa400e40d08208f63fef154470d6ba8d

THEMES:
    > Coming Soon...

MODS:
    > 50% Transparent Black Settings: Deodex | Odex

Recent Quick Fixes
    *These are quick fixes that I've posted throughout the thread to resolve current issues, between fix releases.
    >Stocks Fix: Deodex | Odex *Fixes FC issue with Stocks app on version 1.0.0
    RC2 Release

Version 0.0.4 RC2 is up!

Check the OP. There are new installation instructions. Don't forget to take a look at the changelog if you are curious as to what changed.

I really wanted to include the 'Alter Setup' option that I've been working on (formerly described as 'Modify Install'), but even after a full rewrite of 800 lines of code it still does not want to function properly. I wanted to give you guys a release, since I know it is overdue and people have been waiting, so I've blocked the feature in RC2. For now, a Clean Install will do much the same as the Alter Setup, but you'll lose app data (but not the apps themselves, if choosing the Backup/Restore option), since it will format /system and /data.

Thank you all for being so patient on this one! As always, post bugs/requests/etc here and I'll handle everything as soon as I can.

The final release of 0.0.4 is coming next and, if I feel it is worthy, it will become version 1.0.0, proper. This one is going to take a lot of time, as there is a LOT left that I want to do and need to learn to have AlterROM to the point that I am willing to give it 1.0 release status.
    AlterScript
    *Included in AlterROM Redux as of v1.0.1

AlterScript is a script created to maintain AlterROM. It is still a W.I.P. and some features (such as Odex) are experimental. Always make sure you have a good NANDroid backup before doing any system wide changes. Use at your own risk. YMMV.

For best results, it's recommended to run AlterScript through ADB, rather than directly on the device. Not sure why, but the Odex option will occasionally freeze the phone. Nothing is damaged, but it requires a battery pull (or adb reboot) to recover.

Location on AlterROM: /sdcard/AlterROM/scripts/
    Download Latest Version: Current in AlterROM Redux v1.0.1*

Options:
    • Odex AlterROM (Experimental)
      If you odex AlterROM, you'll need to immediately reboot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik-cache. Script will reboot device upon completion. Also, you will need to reodex after every version or mod flash and possibly clean install some version.​
    • Re-optimize Performance
      This will re-optimize performance settings to AlterROM defaults. Nothing more, nothing less.​
    • Cleanup AlterROM
      Coming soon...​
    Version 1.0.1 Released

AlterROM Redux v1.0.1 has been released!
    Please check the first 3 posts of this thread for details. Changelog in AROMA installer.

THINGS TO NOTE
    • Odex has been completely pulled from default support and is no longer an option in AROMA. If you are currently running 1.0.0 odex, you will have to perform a clean install. I am sorry for the inconvenience here, but odex as I had it was causing a number of performance/stability issues. You do not have to perform any pre-wipes. The installer will not wipe sd-ext, so if you are partitioned for apps2sd, you should retain your apps. Always be sure to have a backup of anything you care about, though.
    • After flashing (Install or Upgrade), you will have a couple new folders in the AlterROM folder on your sdcard. 'morph' is a placeholder for future NinjaMorph mods. 'scripts' contains AlterScript, which is detailed in post #3.
    • AlterScript odex option will not always work on the device. Use
      Code:
      adb shell sh /sdcard/AlterROM/scripts/AlterScript
    • NinjaMorph mods and updates to AlterScript will be posted in posts #2 & #3. These are a W.I.P.

The Future of AlterROM Redux
    I just want everyone to be aware of the fact that I am transitioning from the OG Evo to the new Evo 4G LTE and will not have my OG for too much longer. I feel this ROM has reached a level of maturity that does not require me to make major changes to the system, so all that is left is maintenance and little tweaks here and there which can easily be done without needing the device in hand. I will continue to work on AlterROM Redux, but the changes will likely not be major ones. If there are any major changes to the system that require heavy beta testing, I'll call for more testers, but likely things will continue on as they do now.​