Search This thread

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
P4Wifi version

Installed - Check
Swagger Initiated - Check
Wifi working - Check
Signed into Google - Check

Now to see how functional the meat of it is. :) Thanks for the compile. I'll give periodic reports if I find issues.. Been wanting JB AOKP on my tab for awhile now to complete the AOKP sweep on all my devices. :good:

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

After giving it a once over after restoring all my apps and launcher to what I was running on CM10.. Seems solid to me. I run the latest AOKP on my N7 and Nexus S so I'm familiar with the latest builds and their qwirks.

One known bug that the AOKP team is aware if is if you hide the clock it will reappear after putting the tablet to sleep or rebooting it.. They are aware of this and it's a tablet UI mode issue. :)

I'm thrilled! Woohoo. Sig updated.. CM10 gone.. AOKP takes the sweep! Thanks again triptosyll! You the man!

pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Podunk, Tennessee
So far so good Here too. It is very fast even with normal clock. I did notice the bars go away from time to time but the connection persists. I am in lte and touching the clock I see T-cdma 64.

Only negative I see is battery drain. It has really sucked itself down.

All that said,it still slightly feels like a phone rom forced onto a tablet.

sent from my Galaxy with Tapatalk 2

Reactions: triptosyll

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
So far so good Here too. It is very fast even with normal clock. I did notice the bars go away from time to time but the connection persists. I am in lte and touching the clock I see T-cdma 64.

Only negative I see is battery drain. It has really sucked itself down.

All that said,it still slightly feels like a phone rom forced onto a tablet.

and is that with your kernel oc'ed? try undervolting it. i cant say much for the battery drain. i wouldnt know the first thing about fixing that. it would take a lot of work anyhow.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
How is video playback for you guys? I took this with my sg3. It has some chop in it when played on my tablet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YaFlO9W0pU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

sent from my Galaxy tab with Tapatalk 2

Video playback is awful as usual. I have a 1080p video I always use as a reference.

P4Wifi Overclocked to 1.2..

Stutterly, w/ random pauses. Both cores are maxed out to max speed throughout the entire video

bxwVF.png

Meanwhile on my quad core N7 underclocked to 1.2ghz.. Video playback is smooth as a babies bottom and never needs to even turn on more than two cores and just bounces between one or two cores and never clocks up past 700mhz

Vsqpt.png

Last edited:

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
Video playback is awful as usual. I have a 1080p video I always use as a reference.

P4Wifi Overclocked to 1.2..

Stutterly, w/ random pauses. Both cores are maxed out to max speed throughout the entire video

bxwVF.png

Meanwhile on my quad core N7 underclocked to 1.2ghz.. Video playback is smooth as a babies bottom and never needs to even turn on more than two cores and just bounces between one or two cores and never clocks up past 700mhz

Vsqpt.png

I would chalk it up to the device not the rom. I haven't really like the tabs camera or recorder since I got it. Does anyone actually remember the recorder EVER working smoothly on the galaxy tab 10.1? Stock OR custom rom? I can't remember mine wvwr working well, but its been so long since this thing got wiped of stick, that it might have worked back then, but I can't remember
EDIT: Can either one of you guys run a logcat and play with your camera for a bit, let me take a look and see if it will even show in a logcat, and see what I can do.

Last edited:

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Oh I know it's the tablet for a fact. It's junk and always has been junk.. I just like to beat the dead horse about its downfalls because Samsung robbed me $500 for this hardware and left town. I just don't want some other poor sap to make the same mistakes we did and buy a $500 news reader and music player

pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Podunk, Tennessee
Oh I know it's the tablet for a fact. It's junk and always has been junk.. I just don't want some other poor sap to make the same mistakes we did and buy a $500 news reader and music player

Funny. Funny.

That video was recorded on my phone not the tablet. My battery is low so I can't run the logcat. I'm too busy reading forums and news and fb. Glad work paid for this thing. Sadly its only 16gb. And no SD card to load music.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Last edited:

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
Fired up camera, took a shot, switched to camcorder and recorded some video.. Turned it off.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21156180/logcat.txt

^ Thats unedited too. Might have a couple camera runs and various other crap.

OK. I'm working at viewing the kmsg after doing the same fiddling with the recorder you did, and gna run ddms, see if I can find anything. It might not b anything I want to, or even can, fix. Well see though. Thanks guys for the help. This may take a few day. I'll get back to u.

By the way, are either of you noticing the horrible color while recording?

pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Podunk, Tennessee
I appreciate the work on this tom. However I have to go back to the stock rom as it just feels too much like a phone rom blown up. I wish I could do more to tweak it and port some of the good things from tw to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
OK. I'm working at viewing the kmsg after doing the same fiddling with the recorder you did, and gna run ddms, see if I can find anything. It might not b anything I want to, or even can, fix. Well see though. Thanks guys for the help. This may take a few day. I'll get back to u.

By the way, are either of you noticing the horrible color while recording?

Like a random red filter especially when moving past a incandescent light source? Then yes, yes I am..

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
I appreciate the work on this tom. However I have to go back to the stock rom as it just feels too much like a phone rom blown up. I wish I could do more to tweak it and port some of the good things from tw to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

With a lot of drive and perseverance, oh and LOTS of reading ;), you CAN. Just rake a lot of time and determination to learn everything you have to learn. Its a lot of work. But very satisfying. :thumbup::thumbup:

aydan93

Sep 1, 2011
Ankara
I flashed the p4 version.
- Wifi works fine.
-To get the 3G working, I need to make a change in the APN settings under Mobile networks. I can edit the change but cannot save it (normally there should be a save option after you edit and then hit the three dots at the upper right hand corner of the tab). Can you get this fixed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a build I compiled of AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 p4vzw, p4, and p4wifi. All credit goes to the AOKP team, and the CM team. Its their code, i just compiled it, and got it to build for the tab. This is strictly unofficial. As far as I know, there isn't a jellybean AOKP build for this device, so here some AOKP goodness. I have added a few touches of my own. Nothing major. Little changes. Not enough to call it anything but AOKP though. :D:D

The usual applies, flash at your own risk. If you drown in the tub tonight cuz u flashed this rom, don't come crying to me!!

This rom runs Pershoot's kernel, version 3.1

How to flash:

1. Download the rom:

p4

p4vzw

p4wifi

2. Gapps (All thanks to Kill Droid Hack for packaging it and his work on it up to that point, sharingan92 for his thread i got it from, and all the amazing people who attacked the 4.2 and tore that s**t up! You guys rock!!)

3. MAKE A NANDROID!!

4. Please do a full Wipe of data, cache, and dalvik

5. Flash rom

6. Flash gapps

7. Reboot

Enjoy!

Changes:

*Added the 4.2 keyboard
    *The 4.2 Gapps
    *Changed the color of the data arrows(I couldn't ever see the gray on gray)

THANKS TO:
    All the CM guys!
    All the AOKP guys!
    Pershoot for his kernel work, and his work with the Galaxy Tab!
    Romanbb for his work with the Galaxy Tab!
    Lithid-cm for helping me through the rough spots of learning the android build system!

Any bugs or problems, let me know so I can try and implement a fix. :D:D

EDIT: Known Bugs:
    *Swagger wallpapers FC
    *Rom Control->Vibrations FC :confused:

I am sorry to say, this is on the way back burner for me for quite a while. My wife and I are 7 mos. pregnant with our 3rd child, and its our first girl! We are excited, and extremely busy. I will, however, if u have the knowledge, be willing to go over the process with someone, show them how I did what I did. Im sorry guys, but hope that u can still enjoy the rom. If I get back into it, whenever that may be, I will definitely come back here. U guys have been great! Thanks everyone.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app
    Iol sorry bro are you affirming that u can make calls? Cause u have question marks after you responses lol.... does anyone know if e dial pad tones work in a call for checking voicemail? Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

I don't believe any of the calling works. Anyone that DOES have calling working, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its not working. I don't know why, and I can't know why without a logcat.

I will only say this one more time.
    IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LOGCAT OF YOUR PROBLEM, I WILL BE ABLE TO PROVIDE NO SUPPORT!

I don't see how people assume that I just KNOW what's going on with your tab. U have to provide me with info. And not just "my phone calls won't work". This is where logcat comes in. Its the computer output during the time of the problem. Your diagnosis means nothing. Logcat is god. This is why there is a ten post limit before your allowed to post in the dev section. Its to get people accustomed to the way things are done, and how problems are addressed and fixed. If u don't have a logcat, please do not post about any of your problems. Sorry to sound like a ****, but I have a life, and I don't want to spend hours trying to diagnose a problem that would have taken ten minutes to fix had YOU taken ten minutes to give me the proper info.

I'm not saying I CAN fix it either. I'm just saying, if ud like me to try, please provide the needed info.

Thank u. And I'm really NOT an asshole. I just am getting sick of everyone acting like their problem means so much, but 3/4 of the people who have used this ROM haven't even used the damned thank u button. The ONLY thing that the devs in this community get are measly thank u's, and half u guys can't even do that. And on top of it, u demand fixes to problems, and won't even bother to look at the rules. :banghead:

If u want help, please be courteous, and provide a logcat and the version of the ROM u downloaded.

Now, back to solving issues. :)
    Hit me. I'll see what I can do.
    Any chance you could build us one for p4wifi? That would incedible!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

I should b able to build it for both of those tabs. Gimme a bit today. Takes me 2 1/2 hours to build, and I won't b able to start till after work. I'll get back to u guys tho.

using additional software to tune the touchscreen did nothing (or at least I did not see any improvement). however, please be noted that I also did not experiment any type of lags, so that should make me a 'member' of elite....

as suggestion, triptosyll, maybe you can give your ROM an name and start using some type of version control....

No, its not my ROM. I'm doing nothing to source. Its strictly aokp. The version of the ROM is the same version as the version of aokp from the same date. If u wanna know what version it is, check the date on the build, and find out what build number it is that aokp was on at the same time. :thumbup:

As a note, guys. I will not b compiling a 4.2 version of this for a while. I know source is there, and that I could, but there are so many bugs in it that I'm not about to deal with 200 posts about FC's, random reboots, apps not working, etc. When things get ironed out, I'll get u guys some more fresh stuff. :)