can someone post a stock jb browser?

Search This thread

addictarmy

Apr 15, 2009
Any one else get this to work?
I have rooted, verified that I can launch SuperSU with no issues.
However both Root Explorer and ES File Explorer fail to be able to write to /system/app
I have checked that Root Explorer has r/w adn ES has all root settings checked.
Am I missing something simple?

Kevhed

Mar 2, 2011
It does work. Push the mount r/w button at the top in root explorer and you should be able to paste the apk. You also need to rename the 2 files that start with browser provider. Just put the word old in front of the existing file names so you can change them back if you ever need to.

Edit:
Make sure you're in the /system/app directory before pushing the mount r/w button in root explorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: addictarmy

addictarmy

Apr 15, 2009
It does work. Push the mount r/w button at the top in root explorer and you should be able to paste the apk. You also need to rename the 2 files that start with browser provider. Just put the word old in front of the existing file names so you can change them back if you ever need to.

Edit:
Make sure you're in the /system/app directory before pushing the mount r/w button in root explorer.

YMMV, but this is how I got it to work.
  1. ES File Explorer just would not mount
  2. Had better luck with Root Explorer
  3. renamed the 2 BrowserProviderProxy files in /system/app after clicking "mount r/w"
  4. trying to copy from /sdcard to /system/app would not work me (I did click "mount r/w"), a couple times it looked like it worked but I could not change permissions afterwards and after reboot the Browser.apk would be deleted
  5. ended up copying Browser.apk from /storage/emulated/0 to /storage/emulated
  6. had root take ownership (group and owner) of Browser.apk and changed permissions to 644
  7. then from /storage/emulated I installed the Browser.apk
  8. rebooted and all is good

Also flash is working too using apk from here.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjdevega

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Edit:

Edit:

YMMV, but this is how I got it to work.
    1. ES File Explorer just would not mount
    2. Had better luck with Root Explorer
    3. renamed the 2 BrowserProviderProxy files in /system/app after clicking "mount r/w"
    4. trying to copy from /sdcard to /system/app would not work me (I did click "mount r/w"), a couple times it looked like it worked but I could not change permissions afterwards and after reboot the Browser.apk would be deleted
    5. ended up copying Browser.apk from /storage/emulated/0 to /storage/emulated
    6. had root take ownership (group and owner) of Browser.apk and changed permissions to 644
    7. then from /storage/emulated I installed the Browser.apk
    8. rebooted and all is good

Also flash is working too using apk from here.