[ROM][4.4.4]DN4_2.2(Ditto Note 4) for SGH-i317, i317M, T889, N7105 By the E-Team

Search This thread

reiner21

Sep 12, 2013
hi,
i tried to activate my old good Note 2 GT- N-7105
so far everything worked fine, but now i have some problems using the OTA updater. When i start the app and hit the button ROM there is no update availiable.
Where do get this Update file from? And why shoes this app my phone as a trelte Device, and not as a Volte?
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-06-12-14-52.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-06-12-14-52.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Screenshot_2018-03-06-12-15-04.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-06-12-15-04.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_2018-03-06-12-15-10.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-06-12-15-10.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_2018-03-06-12-22-07.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-06-12-22-07.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 175

alexmark

Nov 26, 2013
"Unfortunately,System UI has stopped" after factory reset.

Good day, hope to get help with my issue.

I have my TMobile phone in perfect condition, running Ditto Note4 (thank yoyu Kozmo21 again and again and again):good:
Finally I decided to sell it, because nobody from my family is using it even as a backup device. Before selling I decided to reset it to the factory settings. I did that through Settings > Backup and reset ... Factory reset. The phone wipes out all necessary data, and after coming back gives me a popping out error "Unfortunately,System UI has stopped" every 2-3 seconds in a loop from the very beginnig right after animation disappeared.
I did the whole thing from scratch. Went to TWRP recovery.... Wiped out all system, and data..... Flashed slim version of the ROM (for TMobile)....flashed Angi kernel 4.3.9.......flashed update to 2.2.6. Problem is gone. To test the phone I started the registration with google account etc. No problem. As soon as I did the factory reset, the error is coming back.

As a second choice, I wanted to restore it to original ROM, but unsuccessfully. I have a backup on my SD card, but what I try to restore from TWRP recovery, I get SAMSUNG NOTE II logo on black screen frozen.

Help please, with either or solution. Any advise is highly appreciated.

kozmo21

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2010
Good day, hope to get help with my issue.

I have my TMobile phone in perfect condition, running Ditto Note4 (thank yoyu Kozmo21 again and again and again):good:
Finally I decided to sell it, because nobody from my family is using it even as a backup device. Before selling I decided to reset it to the factory settings. I did that through Settings > Backup and reset ... Factory reset. The phone wipes out all necessary data, and after coming back gives me a popping out error "Unfortunately,System UI has stopped" every 2-3 seconds in a loop from the very beginnig right after animation disappeared.
I did the whole thing from scratch. Went to TWRP recovery.... Wiped out all system, and data..... Flashed slim version of the ROM (for TMobile)....flashed Angi kernel 4.3.9.......flashed update to 2.2.6. Problem is gone. To test the phone I started the registration with google account etc. No problem. As soon as I did the factory reset, the error is coming back.

As a second choice, I wanted to restore it to original ROM, but unsuccessfully. I have a backup on my SD card, but what I try to restore from TWRP recovery, I get SAMSUNG NOTE II logo on black screen frozen.

Help please, with either or solution. Any advise is highly appreciated.

2 choices...

Either do like you did here and stop
"I did the whole thing from scratch. Went to TWRP recovery.... Wiped out all system, and data..... Flashed slim version of the ROM (for TMobile)....flashed Angi kernel 4.3.9.......flashed update to 2.2.6. Problem is gone." ....
Don't try to add your account and factory reset ( there are some modified things like 3minitbattery that will mess things up if you try to reset)

Or... Just flash a stock ROM in ODIN and be done. Let them flash another ROM if they want.

Do whatever you think will give you a better chance of selling it.

Reactions: alexmark

alexmark

Nov 26, 2013
2 choices...

Either do like you did here and stop
"I did the whole thing from scratch. Went to TWRP recovery.... Wiped out all system, and data..... Flashed slim version of the ROM (for TMobile)....flashed Angi kernel 4.3.9.......flashed update to 2.2.6. Problem is gone." ....
Don't try to add your account and factory reset ( there are some modified things like 3minitbattery that will mess things up if you try to reset)

Or... Just flash a stock ROM in ODIN and be done. Let them flash another ROM if they want.

Do whatever you think will give you a better chance of selling it.

Thanks Kozmo again.
You saved me once, bringing from the wrong old page to this thread. Can you confirm that I am on the right page?
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975560

Last edited:

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010

alexmark

Nov 26, 2013
You can use that if you want it rooted? Some may not want a rooted phone? Not everyone is like us :D

Or, you can get stock version from here, or just get if from sammobile (you'll need to sign up for sammobile, but it's free).

Again, your choice.

Thanks Kozmo.

Installed rooted version. Will give an option for buyer for "either or".

Trying to download the latest unrooted version from Stockrom.net and it is sloooooooooow as dialup :rolleyes: Gives me an ETA 5 days.

Sammobile doesn't have an option for free download. Attempting to download, I getting the message "This firmware is only available for premium users. Please click here to become premium." (for any link I tried. From oldest to newest). And if I want to register, then free membership says "Slow downloads, no premium benefits".

Will stay with rooted version for now and probably will get unrooted ROM in 5 days :silly:

Thank you again. :highfive:

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
Thanks Kozmo.

Trying to download the latest unrooted version from Stockrom.net and it is sloooooooooow as dialup :rolleyes: Gives me an ETA 5 days.

Sammobile doesn't have an option for free download. Attempting to download, I getting the message "This firmware is only available for premium users. Please click here to become premium." (for any link I tried. From oldest to newest). And if I want to register, then free membership says "Slow downloads, no premium benefits".

Will stay with rooted version for now and probably will get unrooted ROM in 5 days :silly:

Hmm, I haven't used sammobile in long time. Guess they changed some stuff?

I'll try and look through my backups, and see if I can find any of those stock ROM's. If so, I'll upload it to AFH for you.

Good luck on selling this old, but workhorse of a phone :good:

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
Thanks Kozmo.

Found it on another hard drive...

T889UVUCMK7 stock ROM

ninjæon

Jan 7, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
The previously posted link to update to 2.2.6 in this thread, download link on the OTA update website, and OTA update via app are all currently broken. I'm on Slim DN4 via SGH-i317 and having mobile network issues that this update may resolve.

Does anyone have a fixed link or can re-upload the 2.2.6 update flash file ( Dn4-Update_v2.2.6-Fixed.zip )? Thank you.

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
The previously posted link to update to 2.2.6 in this thread, download link on the OTA update website, and OTA update via app are all currently broken. I'm on Slim DN4 via SGH-i317 and having mobile network issues that this update may resolve.

Does anyone have a fixed link or can re-upload the 2.2.6 update flash file ( Dn4-Update_v2.2.6-Fixed.zip )? Thank you.

Here you go... DN4_OTA_Update.zip

The owner of the Mediafire account must have deleted it, or it got corrupt... I'll add this to the OP later, under "Downloads".
@martingriffis Try changing your modem, and/or make sure the APN is correct.

illeont

Mar 8, 2009
cant disable smart network switch

hello. just installed the rom for the first time. how can i disable smart network switch? there is no option in wifi settings to do it.

jaaluk

Apr 15, 2013
New Orleans
Hey, I just blew the dust off my Note 2 and installed this ROM. I don't know if there is still support for it but I throw this out there anyway. I'm getting "NO SIM" and wifi won't turn on. I searched through this post and can't find a fix. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

James62370

Feb 22, 2007
Just dusted off an old AT&T Note II and decided to try this ROM. Everything seems to work well, however I'm unable to see any 5 Ghz networks on wifi. Is this is known issue, possibly a fix? I did have to flash the latest Agni Kernel in order to get wifi to work at all. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Update:
Just popped in my SIM Card and all of a sudden 5 Ghz Networks are showing up. Strange but all is well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S
    sawdoctor
    Hey you ??
    Are You still not in DN4 Family ???
    Then Join Today. You probably don't want to miss the biggest buzz around.
    Join Today. Early birds gets all
    We can help anyone but not totally non experienced android users. sorry lolll.

2fMYVfh.png

DN4(Ditto Note 4) ROM
    for our beloved Note II (GT-N7105)
    KQQv5we.gif

PMdC7Xz.png

You must root your device for installing this rom/mod. so now your warranty is void. if anything happens to you or your phone is solely your resposibility.
    We don't allow chefs/devs/themers to use the files added or modded by us in this ROM.
    kHlYJFz.png

post 1 :::: DN4 ROM Info, Change-log and credits and download links from now on.
    post 2 :::: Old DN3 Rom + Add-ons
    post 3 :::: Posters and Banners

45ERj0Z.png
    • Based on 4.4.4 Touchwiz rom ported from S3 Korean version by @arter97
    • Features ported from Galaxy Note 4 (Yes, we did it again!)
    • AGNI Kernel by default - credits to @psndna88
    • Standalone flashable zip (no aroma)
    • Rooted and Deodexed

c5hFFWG.png

• Ditto Note 4 main features
    • Note 4 Air Command (new features)
    • Note 4 S Note with Action Memo
    • Note 4 Smart Select
    • Note 4 Image Clip
    • Note 4 Scrapbook
    • Note 4 S Finder
    • Note 4 Quick Connect
    • Note 4 Multiwindow
    • Note 4 Recent Apps
    • Note 4 Direct Pen Input
    • Note 4 Side Key Panel
    • Note 4 Resize Windows from corners (new Pen Window)
    • Note 4 Power Saving Mode
    • Note 4 Ultra Power Saving Mode
    • Note 4 Settings and UI
    • Galaxy Note 4 Launcher and Accuweather
    • Galaxy Note 4 Contacts app
    • Galaxy Note 4 Phone app with N4 feature incoming call popup notification, resize window during calls feature and call recording feature
    • Galaxy Note Messaging app with N4 feature SMS pop-up notificaton
    • Galaxy Note 4 lockscreen with charging effects and new lockscreen effects (only Abstract Mozaic don't work)
    • Galaxy Note 4 Music Player
    • Galaxy Note 4 Video Player
    • Galaxy Note 4 Internet Browser
    • Galaxy Note 4 Gallery with SStudio
    • Galaxy Note 4 S Voice with new pop-up features
    • Galaxy Note 4 S Planner, Email, Keyboard, Clock, My Files, Calculator
    • Galaxy Note 4 Story Album
    • Galaxy Note 4 Photo Note
    • Possible to use the same app in both multiwindows
    • Many more things that we might forget... see it yourself today.
    CURRENT BUGS for DN4 2.2.6-LTE

None that we know of...:)

Fixed>>

Theme icon bug- Fixed
    Dual clock- Fixed
    Call record- Fixed
    Call echo- Fixed

picture.php

OLD VERSION - DN3
    Refer post # 2
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47812176&postcount=2

CRw8VuW.png

1) You need to have Samsung 4.3 Bootloader or newer. Please use latest KitKat Bootloader if you wish to be able to plug your phone while turn off.
    (Please note that you don't have to update your bootloader unless you want to, now that Agni 4.3.9 kernel lets you charge your phone while being off.)
    2) TWRP 2.8.5.0 recovery is recommended.(Linked: TWRP thread
    3) Next, remember to backup your app and your efs folder. That's something that you always should do before flashing anything
    4) Go to TWRP recovery via pressing home + power + volume up button at the same time.
    5) Make a nandroid backup if you haven't done so.
    6) Use the "Clean to install a new rom" option in Wipe Data and system.(clean installation recommended means wipe internal)
    7) (Reminder) Remember that everything you flash you do it at your own risk so do your research before flashing anything.
    8) Now go to choose to install the rom zip file.
    9) Flash the rom. It should take less than 10 minutes till it boots.
    10)For those getting black screen or stuck on the boot animation after flashing the rom, please reboot to recovery and flash Angi kernel 4.3.9 to make it boot.
    11) Enjoy the ROM

** If coming from a CM/AOSP ROM, flash a TW ROM before trying to flash DN4**

zhiC9B5.png

Strictly No Mirrors Pls. If you want to make one ask us first with reason why.

READ BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS :
    We don't want any dev to use the files included in the rom without permission. If any dev want to have note 4 features for his rom
    you can contact us and we can sort it out on fb /hangouts /whatsapp / pm.
    You are welcome for that.

Again, Strictly No Mirrors Pls. If you want to make one ask us first with reason why.

Download link for DN4 2.2>DN4_2.2-LTE_4.4.4

MD5=9d4d12f3b1cc30ca13f8dbb1868c007d

Slim DN4 Download link

DN4 OTA Update zip

Other Download Section for bug fixes.
    OyVNL9mnqzXQ8AW4

Must open from Web browser not from app or mobile site.

rbyf9DV.png
    Maintained and tested by:
    @sawdoctor
    @Bajanman
    Originally created by:
    @funky_81
    @slink_59
    @arsaw
    @ravijani
    @titooo7
    And very important contributions from new E-Team members:
    GigiliNe ( @RevengeDevTeam )
    @sotmax

YoMU4wI.png

@bsbachert Big Big Thank you for all the help and support you provided. (very good person)
    -chainfire for supersu fix
    -fakejap for his app
    -Thanks to JaeKarr99 for the boot anamation
    -Mr.Luong , thanhfhuongf , hung5588 & nguyenxuanhoa for themes.. you are great :)
    -David206206 from htcmania for the nice tip
    -and for logo @Dasko nd @shhbz (you are great)
    -to all beta testers and all those who supported
    A special thanks to @kozmo21 for putting up with me and all the flashing he did testing this.
    Thanks to @qareembizzle for the Lollipop theme look..

We also give thanks to
    Thanks to contributors like @amit.bagaria, @badwolf94 @avivalder. But also thanks to @xperiacle, @HalloSpencer, @kashortiexda, @jtOttawa, , @Bert.C, @Petros_tigra, @Dai323, @mourad75, @Zanr Zij, @nmtuan.pnt, @pageniao, @wtf!!droid, @XDA_Waghmare, @parthpatels007 , @mateus78, @pakure, @mavera, @fausto88, @papic7m, @boozyrock, @Doomhamma, @djoni_gitara , ravijani and many more users who helped and donated. I will update the list with donators name when we have some time.

We are sure that we are forgetting several of you who contributed with fixes, feedback and answering question to other users so please contact us via PM and we'll add you to the list. If you are on the list is because we really think you deserve it and we don't want anyone to don't get the thanks they deserve.
    Thanks to all the users who supported us with nice words, patience and respect.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [4.4.2 & 4.4.4] DN4 (Ditto 3 & 4) for SGH-I317, I317M, T889, N7105 from the (E-team), ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    Bajanman, sawdoctor, kozmo21, funky81, slink_59, arsaw, GigiliNe, titooo7, sotmax, bsbachert , kozmo21
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.3

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: DN3 V5 4.4.2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-31
    Current Beta Version: DN4_2.2-LTE 4.4.4-Up
    Beta Release Date: 2015-04-27

Created 2013-11-25
    Last Updated 2018-05-20
    Okay. ... I'm uploading to the team now so they can add the Aroma installer and if all goes well it might/should get posted tonight. I'm uploading to 3 different hosts so that the first one up will get aroma and then I flash it test and post. It took me a couple FULL CHARGES to get this rite!
    Ok so first BETA DN3 Kit Kat ROM for N7105 will be released probably later today.

Don't keep refreshing the website or pressing F5 buttons because it might be not done today but tomorrow so there is no need to waste your time in front of the screen just for a ****ing rom that might be really good or might not but won't make your life x2 better.

As you all know this DN3 is an E-Team work, but we also want to thanks @Bajanman, @eZdubzitmk4 and @sawdoctor for their contribution and time. It's really appreciated.

The OP will be uploaded once the rom is released
    ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

Go get it it's ready for all the loyal DN3 followers! And everyone that has been waiting, the wait is now over!!! Look here> http://goo.gl/FgOqW7
    Enjoy the new Rom, hope everyone likes all the new things added.
    3283da841765b36bbb68e501f00da14c.jpg
    Hello too everyone, just dropping in to show some progress of this project we're @sawdoctor, @eZdubzitmk4
    and myself are undergoing at the moment.
    RbIPwFlojMVrXct

Btw current status of things to do, is pending to port toolbox and ultra power saving mode etc.
    PLEASE NO ETA QUESTIONS THANX
    All other questions are welcomed here!
    Bajan out