Why are Android OS and Android System draining my battery?

Search This thread

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
I've noticed this in the last couple of days that my battery is consumed very quickly by the Android OS and Android System processes. I cannot associate this battery drain to any new apps I might have installed.

Better battery stats has not helped much in identifying what the issue is and I regret paying for that app. This is very frustrating as my phone suddenly runs out of battery in about 10 hours instead of 14 to 15 hours.

If you suggest solutions, please don't suggest disabling or turning off any functionality. The point is to gain better battery, or to the level I used to have just a few days ago, without turning off things or installing other ROMs.

Last edited:

testadeferro

Feb 20, 2012
Porto
Maybe you're using to much data and gps. This android os draining are related to that. Use greenify and debloat some unused programs with tb.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I've noticed this in the last couple of days that my battery is getting consumed very fast by the Android OS and Android System processes. I cannot associate this battery drain to any new app I might have installed.

Better battery stats had not helped much in identifying what the issue is and I regret paying for that app. This is very frustrating as my phone suddenly runs out of battery in about 10 hours instead of 14 to 15 hours.

If you suggest solutions, please don't suggest disabling or turning off any functionality. The point is to gain better battery, or to the level I used to have just a few days ago, without turning off things or installing other ROMs.

Install an app like "wakelock detector". It will tell you what is waking your system.