[Q] Can't Flash Sense ROMs After Flashing AOSP

Search This thread

grimlockd

Jun 8, 2010
Chicago
So I switched to AOSP ROMs and now I wanted to go back to a Sense ROM but every time I flash one it boot loops. I've tried wiping the memory before and after flashing but the ROM won't stay stable. I've tried ARHD as well as Sinless. Even GPE ROMs aren't stable anymore. Is there something I'm missing? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Try to adb erase cache, than install recovery again. Or try a different recovery (in particular TWRP seem to cause some ROM flashing issues for some folks, so try CWM).

And its a bootloop (phone restarts over and over) and not just frozen on the splash screen, right? Because with any 2.2x based ROM (including current ARHD) long boot time (like 5-10 minutes) is a common issue if you haven't updated firmware.

Reactions: grimlockd

grimlockd

Jun 8, 2010
Chicago
Try to adb erase cache, than install recovery again. Or try a different recovery (in particular TWRP seem to cause some ROM flashing issues for some folks, so try CWM).

And its a bootloop (phone restarts over and over) and not just frozen on the splash screen, right? Because with any 2.2x based ROM (including current ARHD) long boot time (like 5-10 minutes) is a common issue if you haven't updated firmware.

ARHD did the strangest thing. Right after flashing the ROM, the screen dimmed and went black and did nothing. I thought that it froze or something, so I rebooted the phone by holding power and up. The ROM never booted, so I tried Sinless Sense ROM. It did boot but the boot loops happened. My phone isn't S-Off if that helps. Also, when I boot into the bootloader, it says "RADIO-INVALID_VER_INFO" and "OpenDSP-INVALID_VER_INFO" To correect that I tried flashing a T-Moblie radio, but that didn't work. I'm not sure if the problems are related.

I will try the steps you reccommend when I get off work.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
No radio info in hboot is a known issue (reported by others). But I don't think in itself, its anything to worry about.

grimlockd

Jun 8, 2010
Chicago
No radio info in hboot is a known issue (reported by others). But I don't think in itself, its anything to worry about.

I got it to work somhow lol. I just flashed ARHD again and this time just let it sit for a while. The ROM booted up with no problem and is stable. I will still erase the cache and try CWM recovery. Thanks a lot for your support! Next stop is S-OFF!! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.