Fast charger !

Search This thread
T

thund3rbay

Re hello here...
Like me ... you can't leave all the night your own razr hd on the charger !
Try this charger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370718865398

( i am not the seller ! )

Just search Sony Ericsson EP850 for europeen user...

They charge very quick !!!!! in one hour one hour 15 ... you are full ! great for a little price ! :good:

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
The faster your battery charge the more you're hurting its life. I'd rather my phone take 4 hours to charge and the battery doesn't get affected too much then having it charge quickly and needing to change the battery cuz it won't hold a charge...

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

T

thund3rbay

I always use fast charger (more than 1500mah or 2000 mah) without any problem...

I buy only oem charger no china no name...

I have an old moto defy and no single problem
Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

Last edited:

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013
The stock charger for VZW in the US gives a full charge after 48mins and lasts easily 18hrs heavy, 36hrs light moderate, and easily 48+ hrs with little use.

Droid RAZR HD (current)
LG Optimus One P-504 (For Sale)

T

thund3rbay

The stock charger for VZW in the US gives a full charge after 48mins and lasts easily 18hrs heavy, 36hrs light moderate, and easily 48+ hrs with little use.

Droid RAZR HD (current)

Can you post a pics ... i am curious...

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013
It's hard to replicate cause I work all day but come this weekend I will do it again, charge from 0% to 100% and what not.

Droid RAZR HD (current)

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
It's hard to replicate cause I work all day but come this weekend I will do it again, charge from 0% to 100% and what not.

Droid RAZR HD (current)

I'll get mine down to zero and charge and time it. Its two hours minimum. Haven't noticed big difference with phone powered off. It seems like 98% to 100% takes the longest which I'd attribute to the battery calibrating?

I refuse to use any charger other than what's included. Too risky. Many knock offs on the net too. I always charge mine at night before bed and unplug. Not going to leave the phone plugged in for long periods of time while it's charged. My phone lasts two days this way with heavy use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

greydelta38

May 9, 2013
Huntsville
The faster your battery charge the more you're hurting its life. I'd rather my phone take 4 hours to charge and the battery doesn't get affected too much then having it charge quickly and needing to change the battery cuz it won't hold a charge...

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Phones nowadays are designed to handle fast charging. Using a fast charger or a cheapo won't affect your phone any differently. However, cheap chargers can sometimes overheat your phone, and on top of that, Motorola phones are quite picky about the types of chargers they work well with.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
Phones nowadays are designed to handle fast charging. Using a fast charger or a cheapo won't affect your phone any differently. However, cheap chargers can sometimes overheat your phone, and on top of that, Motorola phones are quite picky about the types of chargers they work well with.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD

Good to know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

greydelta38

May 9, 2013
Huntsville
This is for anyone having a charging problem on a Razr device----

I uninstalled a RAM booster called Memory Booster - RAM Optimizer a few days ago, and have yet to have a charging problem. I had the booster set to auto clean the system garbage when the screen was off. I'm making an educated guess here, but I'd be tempted to say that it was killing one of the Android processes that keeps the phone awake while charging, and it would bug out and crash.

Long story short, if you're having a problem with an HD shutting down overnight, UNINSTALL ANY APP KILLERS, TASKERS, OR RAM BOOSTERS.

Hope this works.

Last edited:

Goddrick

Mar 3, 2011
the nuertal

Droid RAZR HD (current)

no way, i have the stock charger and mine charges in 4 hours everytime from below 10% to full

Farofa

Jul 17, 2012
hum

vai forçar a bateria, ela vai acaba explodindo, utilizando uma fonte mais forte...

e como comentaram, o meu também fica umas 4 horas e esta ta em 100%.

:good:

AndroidGreg

Mar 18, 2012
This phone isnt really picky on the charger as much as it is with the cable, i can only get it to charge with a moto brand cable or a sony one from my camera, my samsung cables, walmart cables, and even my nexus 7 cable will not connect right and refuse to charge it. Got to love too the phone eats a cable every 5-7 months loosening the pins on the cable to where its a floppy thing in it and wont connect solid. Phones usb port is still tight when i buy a new cable.

As for charge time I have the MAXX HD, its 2 hours from 20-95% 95-100 15 min, and it takes 15 min to get the phone to even boot if i run it down to 0, and then 3ish hours to fully charge. This is with the Dual USB port charger in the package with verizon and a bluetooth headset plugged in the same adapter too.

TBueno

Jan 6, 2011
New chargers

Let's hope someone is able to make motorola's new quick chargers work with the razr line...

OrBy

Feb 22, 2008
This phone isnt really picky on the charger as much as it is with the cable, i can only get it to charge with a moto brand cable or a sony one from my camera, my samsung cables, walmart cables, and even my nexus 7 cable will not connect right and refuse to charge it. Got to love too the phone eats a cable every 5-7 months loosening the pins on the cable to where its a floppy thing in it and wont connect solid. Phones usb port is still tight when i buy a new cable.

THIS ^^^^

Crappy no name cables can half your charging speed. One of the first places they scrimp is with thinner gauge copper wires that cause high resistance and reduce the amperage available to the device. I picked up a little charge doctor and was doing some testing with some of my devices showed that a OEM Apple lightning cable with Apple charger would charge an iPad over 2.2A but switch over to a Apple authorized MiLi cable and it could only flow 1.7A. I have seen similar issues with micro USB cables as well.

Also fast charging alone is not that bad for the battery as long as everything stays cool. Never charge in a hot car or in direct sunlight. If your device seems warm to the touch - your likely doing damage to the over all life of the battery. This is why wireless inductive charging like the Qi chargers are such a poor idea in practice as many of the models dump a lot of waste heat into the device shortening the cell life span from 3 years down to less then one in many cases.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Droid RAZR HD (current)

No way. I have to charge mine for 2-3 hours. It's a huge battery.