Voice Dial Gesture?

Search This thread

jhernand1102

Sep 11, 2007
SF Bay Area
I just got my T-Mobile HTC One M8 and I can't seem to get the voice dial gesture to work. When I swipe down it does not start the voice dial app. I can not see any voice dial app in the app drawer or anywhere else. Is anyone else having this issue? I have already done a hard reset and did not install anything prior to posting this.

jhernand1102

Sep 11, 2007
SF Bay Area
60 views and no replies. Can anyone confirm if it works for them so I know if I need to take it back to T-Mobile?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jhernand1102

Sep 11, 2007
SF Bay Area
Okay after hours of disabling and re-enabling different apps I found the problem. If you have wifi calling enable and set it as preferred over the cellular network the voice dialing app will not work but if you set cellular as the preferred network and it is connected it works fine. So if you have no network and wifi calling is active your voice dial will not work I hope this helps anyone else who may have this issue.

tnez

Dec 30, 2010
Thanks for pointing that out I was having the same issue. It would work in my car but not in the house. I wonder if WiFi calling also affects the right swipe motions...it's suppose to unlock the phone to the app drawer but it's not doing that for me

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

redalertlb

Dec 15, 2007
K-Town
Voice dial does work I haven't used it but I have swiped down and it popped up asking me to say who I wanted to call. But that being said I have also noticed that the gestures don't always work. Tapping on my screen works half the time and my swipes work but it's almost as if I have to press down really hard on the screen to activate it.

ge9a6uhu.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk