I was able to install astro filemanager through downloaded apk

Search This thread

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
I have the ezPDF from the Amazon appstore and it works well...

Mine just hangs on "Initializing...", then force closed. I use the one from Amazon AppStore (was free back then).

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

I did, just don't use ES browser.
I went to the amazon app market, searches for "files" and downloaded second or third in the list... forgot the name.. like "Andro..." something I think, Ill check once I'm home.
So accessing internal memory with all the folders level above sdcard is definitelly possible.

Edit: AndroXplor - this app in Amazon Market will let you explore internal memory as well.

That's interesting... I thought you can only access internal memory when it's rooted. I used Root Explorer and it told me I must be rooted to access anything outside of the SD Card, same experience with my all other Android Phones. Until it is rooted of course...

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Well I got the Amazon video store to load, but videos don't seem to want to play. They just hang and hang on "loading," then a message pops up saying "this video is taking longer to load than we expect. We recommend checking your network connection or trying again later."

Anyone else having this problem?

Is there an Amazon Video app or did you just access it from the browser?

robertely

Aug 20, 2010
New York
I posted the apk for google voice a few pages back,id link you but im on my phone.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using XDA App

JoeM01

Nov 18, 2011
Just a quick question. These apps that being sideloaded, are they taking up the B&N storage or the 1gb "Other" storage?

A bit of both it would seem. According to zdbox. All my apps are installed on internal memory, but its obvious the more apps i add, the more my sd card loses space.

jimmysuggs

Nov 16, 2011
Is this what your screen looks like at the bottom when you hit the menu button? You should still be able to hit the top part of the wrench to get to Go Launcher preferences.

Yeah, that's it. But for some reason- that little wrench just will not work. No idea why and no real idea how to fix it, but it's gotta be a settings thing or something. I think.

jimmysuggs

Nov 16, 2011
Okay I dunno how, but now go launcher is letting me use the little wrench.

Finally, more space for my apps!

ehoggan

Dec 29, 2010
I have a dumb question. In the midst of installing one of the google apps (books I think it was), I walked away and the screen went to sleep. Now it won't wake back up again. Pressing the power key does nothing.

What's the equivalent of pulling the battery on the nook? How do I force a reboot?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. I just had to hold down the power key and the n key for a good 15 seconds to reset.

Last edited:

diamond_lover

Apr 2, 2009
Top Secret
I have a dumb question. In the midst of installing one of the google apps (books I think it was), I walked away and the screen went to sleep. Now it won't wake back up again. Pressing the power key does nothing.

What's the equivalent of pulling the battery on the nook? How do I force a reboot?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. I just had to hold down the power key and the n key for a good 15 seconds to reset.

Your is not the only NookTablet doesn't wake up after deep sleep, I see some other on B&N Nook forum. I think if happen again you can change your NT.

echo0819

Nov 29, 2011
I couldn't find a way. I hacked one of my test apps to launch it. Download the tgps_launcher, and hit "start".

I've been trying to download the tgps launcher, but when the download starts and I check the notification in the lower left on the NT, I see the message "Download unsuccessful".

I am able to successfully download the apk onto my laptop (Toshiba, Windows 7), but not to the NT. I am able to access the web on the NT and I can check emails, so I know the internet connection is working.

This is most likely a simple problem, but I am baffled and wasting WAY too much time on it. I appreciate any help!

ETA: OK, I discovered my problem! The 1 GB of storage that I'm allowed for my own stuff was full, therefore there wasn't any room for the apk download. I figured it out when I was troubleshooting emailing myself a couple of other downloads - an epub file and a jpg file. The epub downloaded fine, but the jpg got hung up. Yay!

Last edited:

sw01

Nov 30, 2011
Hello and Thanks! I have a question about AppMenu. I run it, get the hidden menu and hit Manage Apps and pick one in the list. The app's page opens and I am unable to leave that page. I return to the Home Screen, do a search and hit AppMenu. I return to the app's page again unable to leave. I am unable to get back to the hidden Menu without a reboot. Can you help?

ylixir

Feb 15, 2011
fargo, nd
Hello and Thanks! I have a question about AppMenu. I run it, get the hidden menu and hit Manage Apps and pick one in the list. The app's page opens and I am unable to leave that page. I return to the Home Screen, do a search and hit AppMenu. I return to the app's page again unable to leave. I am unable to get back to the hidden Menu without a reboot. Can you help?

run your finger from right to left along the status bar on the bottom of the screen.

that's how you go "back" since there is no real "back" button like most android devices have.

Reactions: sw01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you write step-by-step guide for us total noobs, please? :)

Open the following page in your web browser:
    http://61.145.124.93/soft/3GHeart/golauncher/v2.65/GO_Launcher_EX_V2.65.apk

When it has finished downloading it will ask you how you want to handle the file --- Click the second option.

Bam! Go Launcher is installed. But, it will seem like it is not always there. The easiest way I have found (and thanks to someone on this forum) is just to do a serch for "Launcher" and the results should list "Go Launcher". Click that and you are back into Go Launcher.

Now to get a file manager installed.

I prefer "ES File Manager", but if you want something else, just find the APK and you should be golden.

http://www.estrongs.com/en/download.html?download=1

Once again, When it has finished downloading it will ask you how you want to handle the file --- Click the second option.

Now you can go through your entire NT directories and install APKs (note that not all of them will work. I would install MX Player, YouTube, browser of choice)

If you want the Amazon AppStore (and I would recommend that you do)
    https://www.amazon.com/appstorelanding

I am sure there are some other bits of information floating out there, but this should at least get you started.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping me out in some way!
    Wow, sorry about that...when I edited my post I must have accidentally removed the link:S

This should do it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1349902

http://li362-167.members.linode.com/gapps/
    -Or-
    http://goo.gl/DCwxA

I uploaded the google apps to a web server broken out of the rar.
    because no one likes megauploadvideodownloadtime.com
    Point your tablet to the short url, and have fun!

I also added some goodies:
    Spotify
    Go Launcher
    MxPlayer
    Amazon Market

So no one has to hunt, I have tested and installed Spotify, Golauncher, mxPlayer, the amazon market, google voice, and the Amazon Video client(Ha!)

When installing a google app, install the Google framework first.

Installing Google reader works, but i can't login. It tires to associate my phone with a google account, and fails after i try and login. There seems to be a critical dependency missing there.
    Installing Youtube works, but i also can't login. Same problem as above, but at least i can still play videos.
    Is there anyway to get back to the page with "Install from unknown sources" again? I can't find a way of getting there through the settings, and I'm curious if it's even accessible otherwise.

I couldn't find a way. I hacked one of my test apps to launch it. Download the tgps_launcher, and hit "start".

http://comptonsoft.com/test/

That's a side effect of grabbing it as an attachment from the forum.

Grab it using your computer and then copy it over and install it using something like es file explorer, etc.

Edit -

Here's a mediafire link -

http://www.mediafire.com/?oeo8rmeh8zq5hbt
    you'll need a launcher to be able to see your apps. The nook hasn't shown the BN installed apps and the user installed apps in the same place since 1.1.

Very interesting if Zeam or Go are installable. My memory is that the old BN app installer would not install non-BN apps.