[Q]How is ADW Launcher on your Note?

Search This thread

JC0406

Nov 29, 2011
Been looking for a launcher(still am actually) because I didn't really like the stock version. I tried ADW but for some reason it's quite laggy on my Galaxy Note. FYI, I only have 3-4 widgets at most and mainly shortcuts.

kenniy

Sep 22, 2008
I actually have ADW EX installed and its really laggy for me..is there anything u did to make it smooth?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

silencertk

Dec 30, 2010
I've used ADW ex on my Galaxy S, my S2 and my note. Always loved it. Just recently switched to Go launcher ex. Almost like it better. It has a couple of neat features that ADW doesnt have. But ADW was never laggy for me....

benthian89

Nov 29, 2010
I changed the homescreen transition to zoom.. It's silky smooth. The default cube is laggy

And I removed the bounce

Then it is as smooth as tw, if not more smooth

Sent from my GT-N7000

Last edited:

Mickwa76

Dec 12, 2010
Zurich
Been looking for a launcher(still am actually) because I didn't really like the stock version. I tried ADW but for some reason it's quite laggy on my Galaxy Note. FYI, I only have 3-4 widgets at most and mainly shortcuts.

If your Note isn't rooted almost all other Launchers will lag. The more widgets you have, the more lag. I think it's an issue with the Rom.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

benthian89

Nov 29, 2010
If your Note isn't rooted almost all other Launchers will lag. The more widgets you have, the more lag. I think it's an issue with the Rom.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Rooting or not will not affect the launchers whether they lag or not.

It's whether hardware acceleration is being used for the launcher. Tw is hardware accelerated by default. Adw is partially hardware accelerated

Sent from my GT-N7000

g4ndr1k

Nov 17, 2011
Go launcher for me. Silky smooth in 240 dpi.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

The_Steph

Mar 20, 2007
Paris
davfunk,

I was using the low quality cache to smooth the transitions (but it was still a bit laggy) but moving to non made my ADW Launcher EX as smooth as TW Launcher if not moother.

Just perfect!!!!!!

CorruptedSanity

Oct 7, 2007
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
I use GO launcher.

I used to use ADW EX but find GO Launcher mire advanced.

Lets say you have a contact shortcut on your main screen, tapping it calls person X, you can use GO launcher to ads a gesture command. So if you swipe up OM that same shortcut it'll do something else. I have it set so that it'll open that contact's chat window in what'sup.

Tapping calls, swipe up chats. Isn't that amazing and convenient.

The_Steph

Mar 20, 2007
Paris
CorruptedSanity,

I used GO Launcher for almost a year on my Desire HD, but when I moved to the Note, it was not as smooth as ADW Launcher EX.

Go Launcher has amazing features sur as dockbar icon swipe to launch actions, integrated plugins and so on that you need to find replacement for when using ADW Launcher but if you stick with a laggy launcher (as I use a lot of scrolling widgets), it ruins everything.

So now, with no cache set in config, I can swear that ADW Launcher EX is probably the best launcher for Note in terms of smoothness (and I tried a lot, including 360 Launcher, before writing that).

davfunk

Dec 14, 2008
ANNECY
I use ADW with an HD2, a DHD and the Note because with GO Launcher it is not possible to hide the status bar.

KaranKapoor

Nov 4, 2011
Delhi
Try adw ex.. No lags for me..
Or change the transition

Sent from my GT-N7000

Go to ADW Settings and switch the Cache to Low Quality.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the posts above mine. :/

Top Liked Posts