[ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 9.0 [p930/su640]

Search This thread

CyanogenMod

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info to our bug tracker:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version p930: cm-9.0.0
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 5f79c3bf154ca0712e9d2faa93bac222​

Latest version su640: cm-9.0.0
MD5sum: coming soon​
Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-ics-20120317

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

gtharea

Sep 27, 2009
I got a random "soft" reboot. I submitted the issue with logcat to the bug tracker. p930 9.0.0

Endless7

May 12, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
*/

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

• If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:

Google Apps addon:

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Run perfect on my su640. Thanks again.:good:

996gt2

Mar 28, 2012
My initial impressions, copy pasted from the other thread since I was informed the other thread would be closed:

Initial impressions after using this ROM for a few hours:

The good: Stability seems to be improved over the CM9 nightlies and RCs. I have not had any random force crashes or reboots so far.

The screen flickering issue from the nightlies and RCs has mostly been resolved. There is still sometimes a bit of blue-ish flickering when transitioning to the home screen, but it happens less often than in earlier releases.

Battery drain so far seems similar to V20C for me. That is to say, quite decent (I can easily get a day and a half on V20C with normal use, I don't expect any different on this ROM from what I have seen so far).

Overall, probably the best CM9 release so far (not unexpected since this is the "stable" release).

The bad: UI smoothness is not as good as the V20C official ICS release. This is especially noticeable when transitioning between homescreens. On V20C, the transition between homescreens feels smooth, whereas there is a clearly noticeable lag on the CM9 stable release.

Kct385

Jul 9, 2012
I'm running this rom full-time until a stable Cm10 is released. I'm a really big fan of CM roms. Great work!

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

mast3rvo

Jul 11, 2012
Does anyone have problems with Instagram with this release? Instagram would freeze and cause me to pull battery during the filters part on all of the cm9 roms.
So I'm back to using the CM10 preview with no issues except for random soft reboots.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong w with CM9

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
I've had a couple of random reboots. Once as I exited the camera and I don't know what sparked the other.

Also, my dock disappeared and the phone was lagging quite a bit until I manually rebooted.

I came from RC1 which was the first and only rom I've ever flashed until this official rom. RC1 didn't do any of this. Are these real issues to worry about? I love the rom as it does virtually everything I want.

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010
I've had a couple of random reboots. Once as I exited the camera and I don't know what sparked the other.

Also, my dock disappeared and the phone was lagging quite a bit until I manually rebooted.

I came from RC1 which was the first and only rom I've ever flashed until this official rom. RC1 didn't do any of this. Are these real issues to worry about? I love the rom as it does virtually everything I want.

So... do we need to make the font bigger? Maybe a blinking tag?

Issues?

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
So... do we need to make the font bigger? Maybe a blinking tag?

My apologies. I posted from my phone and had forgotten about that request. I was in a hurry and didn't re-read the original post. I will submit to the bug tracker because it seems to reboot every time I exit the camera.

zikario507

Dec 31, 2011
Panama
My initial impressions, copy pasted from the other thread since I was informed the other thread would be closed:

Initial impressions after using this ROM for a few hours:

The good: Stability seems to be improved over the CM9 nightlies and RCs. I have not had any random force crashes or reboots so far.

The screen flickering issue from the nightlies and RCs has mostly been resolved. There is still sometimes a bit of blue-ish flickering when transitioning to the home screen, but it happens less often than in earlier releases.

Battery drain so far seems similar to V20C for me. That is to say, quite decent (I can easily get a day and a half on V20C with normal use, I don't expect any different on this ROM from what I have seen so far).

Overall, probably the best CM9 release so far (not unexpected since this is the "stable" release).

The bad: UI smoothness is not as good as the V20C official ICS release. This is especially noticeable when transitioning between homescreens. On V20C, the transition between homescreens feels smooth, whereas there is a clearly noticeable lag on the CM9 stable release.

But how i can install it.. i'm on ICS oficially V20c! non rooted

hereric

Oct 27, 2010
You can either follow the unbricking guide, or attempt to gain root then install CWM

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
The first 2 days, the battery life was good and now for some reason, its trash even with he extended battery. i lost 25%+ in less than 2 hours. Seriously?! and most of the time it was idling. This is seriously pissing me off

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
@osmosizz,
You're almost definitely having a problem with an app of some kind keeping your phone awake.

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
When i go into the battery meter, there is nothing! the highest one at all time is the screen and that doesn't go over 20%. When i First tried the rom, i lasted 10 hours with 6.5 hours of screen on time. now i barely get to 11 with screen off most of the time

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
I dunno what to say, but the fact that your screen is accounting for only 20% of your usage might indicate that you have, not 1, but several applications which are eating your battery. What are your highest usage apps?

I know for a fact Talkatone and GrooveIP are battery killers for my phone, but I just have to weigh that with how much I want to receive VoIP calls.

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
I dunno what to say, but the fact that your screen is accounting for only 20% of your usage might indicate that you have, not 1, but several applications which are eating your battery. What are your highest usage apps?

I know for a fact Talkatone and GrooveIP are battery killers for my phone, but I just have to weigh that with how much I want to receive VoIP calls.

Im charging now and as i charge, WI-FI has been given priority and wi fi is at 45%. the second hog is android os at 12% and the most hogging app is my live wallpaper at 6% then facebook at 4%

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
    */

Instructions:

5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    Issues?

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:

Google Apps addon:

settings -> language & input -> android keyboard -> vibrate on keypress.
    CM10 has issues from build to build. I prefer CM9.
    guess I stick with CM9 atm then. What about which ROM uses the least battery? My CM9 ROM only lasts about 1 day with little use/most of the time idling.

Varies by user and battery type. I'm happy as long as I can go all day w/out charging. I run HO!NO! Full Throttle with uv settings for best battery life. I can still only get about 2-2 1/2 hours of 'screen on' time before battery is down to 20% and less.