Stock android Dialer and Contacts app?

Search This thread

mjm128

Jun 9, 2010
I just got the sensation today. (I'm coming from nexus one running cyanogenmod). There's really only a few things about sense 3.0 that I like. The camera app, the lockscreen, some of the widgets, and the quick notification widgets (although I like cm7's implimentation MUCH better). Anyways I'm hoping that once the bootloader gets unlocked we'll be able to get cyanogenmod on it, but until then is it possible to get a few stock apps on the sensation?
The only things from sense I'd maybe like to keep in a more "stock rom" would be the camera app and the lockscreen. Everything else I don't really care for. =\

I want the these apps.
* Dailer

* Contacts

* Gallery

mikebeatrice

Jan 13, 2010
I want the these apps.
* Dailer

* Contacts

* Gallery

I made the same transition as you. At first I hated the dialer and contacts, but they've grown on me.

However that gallery does suck total nuts. You can go in the market and download gallery 3d which is (as far as i can tell) the standard gallery you're used to. I'm using it and it feels right at home.

I absolutely can't wait until we can have CM7.1 on this thing.

Also.. is it just me... or are you totally missing the trackball? I keep trying to adjust the cursor with it when editing text just to get disappointed that it's not there...

Reactions: mjm128

mjm128

Jun 9, 2010
U don't like the smart dialer? It's leagues better than the stock dialer...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

No...I hate it. I've accidentally called the wrong person already because it doesn't ask if I want to call. Also it isn't showing contacts pictures when calling? Wtf? It just looks ugly to me compared to the stock android dialer. The contacts app is worse. AOSP contact app is so much simpler looking and just all around better.

I made the same transition as you. At first I hated the dialer and contacts, but they've grown on me.

However that gallery does suck total nuts. You can go in the market and download gallery 3d which is (as far as i can tell) the standard gallery you're used to. I'm using it and it feels right at home.

Also.. is it just me... or are you totally missing the trackball? I keep trying to adjust the cursor with it when editing text just to get disappointed that it's not there...

I hate the gallery app, it sucks so much. Also i've taken a few pics that auto upload to google+ and it shows the date it was taken as jan 1st 1970. WHatttt?

I've only had it for 8 hours so far, and i've already done that at least a dozen times. I used the trackball just for going back a little to make corrections. Going to take a bit to get use to, but in time I will.

I can't wait for CM7.1 on the sensation. Sense to me is just ugly. I like gingerbread's status bar, and the notification widgets in cyanogenmod so much better than sense...It's ugly. Also I don't see the point of putting the recent apps in the pull down bar....

Good thing for launcherpro plus :D

Last edited:

pityr

Dec 6, 2009
Portland
I'm in the same boat here and can't stand the dialer or gallery. Thanks for the tip on Gallery 3d :) Picked this phone up because it looks and feels just like a larger faster version of the N1 and I figure it will be rooted sooner or later.

mjm128

Jun 9, 2010
U really prefer that sloooooow 3d gallery? Have yall tried quick pic on market?

I guess it just comes down to what you're use to. I'm use to the 3d gallery because I've had the n1 since launch. I'm trying out quick pic though. Anything is better than the gallery app on the sensation. Sense really has left me a bit underwhelmed. The only things i'd want to keep from sense is the lockscreen and the camera app.

I guess it just comes down to what you're use to. I'm use to the 3d gallery because I've had the n1 since launch. I'm trying out quick pic though. Anything is better than the gallery app on the sensation. Sense really has left me a bit underwhelmed. The only things i'd want to keep from sense is the lockscreen and the camera app.

your right. I had n1 at launch too. I wanted to like the gallery cause it looked cool, but didn't function that well. Plenty times I has to reboot just for a pic I just took to show. I found Quick pic and been using it since

philliman

Nov 23, 2007
Philly
Lol @ that 3D gallery. I hated it on my MT4G and this gallery is cool IMO. Didn't like Touch Wiz on the Vibrant or Sense on the MT4G........flashed a 3.0 rom and loved it. So I bought a Sensation. I'm just curious to know why buy something you already know you don't like? To each their own.

Sent from my Perma~Temp Rooted Lagless STOCK HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want the these apps.
    * Dailer

* Contacts

* Gallery

The stock Gallery and stock Email
    Both work,pm me if you want a copy of them
    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App