[ROMS]NEW! Dualboot Mirage CM7 / ICS CM9 Image for SDcard [5/4]

Search This thread

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
Hello all,

Just FYI, old news I know, but I made front page of XDA. :D

And now I have a v2 for the ICS CM9 with Cornerstone by OnSkreen baked in! So go ahead and flash this to play around with.

-Fixed display of Phone UI, now correctly displays Tablet UI
-Second CSPanel now displays TitleBar and App Drawer icon correctly
-The App Drawer button in the CSPanels are tricky. You have to tap it correctly to read touch input. Maybe something we'll look at as well.
-Wifi is real messed up, connects, but doesn't show that it's connected. Sometimes needs a reboot to connect to anything at all.
-You can browse the web, sign into market. But can't download anything from market. Gives -101 error.
-Working on trying to figure out the wifi issue. Something in framework that Cornerstone merged in is breaking the wifi:x
-Again, this is test, beta, alpha!! Flash at your own peril!
-Check second post of OP for download and instructions. :)
-Lastly, enjoy multi-tasking on your Nook Color! :D

device-2012-02-17-114936.png

device-2012-02-17-114929.png

device-2012-02-17-114912.png

device-2012-02-17-114317.png

device-2012-02-17-114333.png

device-2012-02-17-115157.png

Thanks,
Racks

Last edited:

jdebay

Feb 5, 2011
Holliston. MA
thanks for the update on Cornerstone v2

It does loose wifi connection. Also next version. Just a suggestion bake in but not started until, we make sure everything else is working... I had to stop it and then see if other stuff worked. Then restarted with apps that I wanted. If you must sign into app it is just to hard. Also calendar keeps stopping even with fix applied.

J

yelloguy

Jun 24, 2011
Very impressed

I tried this on my SD Card last night and I am very impressed so far. I had tried the sneak peek 2 and one of sam's nightlies on the same sd card but after the novelty wore off I had issues with them. But this one is a daily driver now. Unless I see an SOD, that is. :)

The Kindle issue is annoying but I found in discussions that version 2.0.5 works without switching to Tablet mode so I will install it tonight for my weekend reading on ICS. The only other issue I have noticed is that the screen is more sensitive to touch and things start moving early on so long holds don't really work well. On the other hand, some touches don't register so I don't really know what is going on.

But the Google Reader and the ICS Browser more than make up for these shortcomings. I don't really care for the Onskreen stuff so I am happy with the base image. I tried installing the 2/2 update but the boot partition was smaller than the update file so I gave up. My CM7 usage is mostly for web browsing (Dolphin) and Google Reader app for some feeds. And the Kindle app for my Economist subscription. This should be able to replace CM7 (emmc) install now. If it does, I will probably put stock on the emmc.

Thanks for the hard work guys. Much appreciated!

smarcin

Mar 8, 2008
Minneapolis
I'm now using a 16g card, triple boot works fine,
the dualboot img in this thread doesn't do anything to your emmc, no matter what rom you've flashed in it.
So go ahead flash miui to emmc and burn the dualboot img to your sdcard, and you'll have all of them. use nook tweaks to change the boot order.
I know I can do that. What I want to do is leave the stock NC on emmc, and have 3 ROMS on a 16GB card, if this is possible, Racks? Or would it be possible to set it up so we can flash 3 ROMS to the uSD card and we choose which 3 and where to install them? Thanks.

Last edited:

debarron

Mar 1, 2008
Tried that and still getting the same results, when I originally burned the image on the SD card it took a few tries to get it connected but now it just seems to refuse connecting to it. It just seems odd that only the CM9 partition won't connect.

I found that changing the adhoc value to 0 in the ini file under /system/etc/wifi fixed being able to get my son's NC to connect my router. It would connect to the wifi hotspot on my phone but not my router before changing that. CM7 would connect fine because I believe it was set to 0 there and ICS on my TP connects fine as well.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

onedementedsmurf

Oct 9, 2006
I found that changing the adhoc value to 0 in the ini file under /system/etc/wifi fixed being able to get my son's NC to connect my router. It would connect to the wifi hotspot on my phone but not my router before changing that. CM7 would connect fine because I believe it was set to 0 there and ICS on my TP connects fine as well.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Eff yes!!! It was a hassle and a half to get it done but well worth it! I'm very glad at this point that I can work the terminal emulator lol :D

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
Hi all,

Updated OP with flashable zip for MIUI 2.2.3 and an update for CWM Recovery for DualbootSD w/ Nandroid capabilities!!

Check OP for download and instructions. :D

Thanks,
Racks

Reactions: smarcin

BobbyBest

Jun 19, 2009
Dude, you cannot download the MIUI ROM without premium account from 4shared :(
Any mirrors upcoming?

EDIT: my bad! A free registration is sufficient.

Last edited:

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
What I could use are zips for moving CM7/9 from primary to secondary partitions on EMMC, and vice versa. There are several such zips for stock, but none that I have found for CM. Make a set for each of this build's SD partition sets, too, and we non-coders can update, back up, and restore our builds without any need for doctored update zips or custom CWM (though you would need to be willing to temporarily remove whatever's on the primary EMMC partitions).

Here's an example of a set for managing two stock builds on EMMC:

http://www.mailpen.com/download/replicatePri2Alt-v1.zip -- clears 0p9-0p11 and then copies partitions 0p5 (/system), 0p6 (/data), and 0p7 (/cache) to 0p9-0p11. 0p8 (/media) is untouched.

http://www.mailpen.com/download/replicateAlt2Pri-v1.zip -- clears 0p5-0p7 and then copies partitions 0p9 (/system), 0p10 (/data), and 0p11 (/cache) to 0p5-0p7. 0p8 (/media) is untouched.

Note that the CWM backup/restore deals with 0p5-0p8. Thus, in order to backup the alternate set (0p9-0p11):
  1. Backup the primary partition set (0p5-0p8).
  2. Copy the alternate partition set (0p9-0p11) to the primary partition set (0p5-0p8).
  3. Backup the "primary" (alternate) partition set (0p5-0p8).
  4. Restore the real primary partition set (0p5-0p8).

I don't know what these zips do in terms of renaming boot files or changing init.rc, but I could not get CM7 or CM9 to boot from Alt with these.

While I'm more interested in an internal dualboot, the same strategy could be applied to this SD build by making a similar pair for each SD partition:

copySDPri2Pri
copyPri2SDPri

copySDAlt2Pri
copyPri2SDAlt

That way, users could update, back up and restore using standard CM zips and CWM functionality, wouldn't need to be spoonfed altered zips, and wouldn't be left in the cold when no one felt like doctoring CM updates anymore.

Granted, I have no idea how trivial/challenging it is to make such files :D

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
What I could use are zips for moving CM7/9 from primary to secondary partitions on EMMC, and vice versa. There are several such zips for stock, but none that I have found for CM. Make a set for each of this build's SD partition sets, too, and we non-coders can update, back up, and restore our builds without any need for doctored update zips or custom CWM (though you would need to be willing to temporarily remove whatever's on the primary EMMC partitions).

Here's an example of a set for managing two stock builds on EMMC:

I don't know what these zips do in terms of renaming boot files or changing init.rc, but I could not get CM7 or CM9 to boot from Alt with these.

While I'm more interested in an internal dualboot, the same strategy could be applied to this SD build by making a similar pair for each SD partition:

copySDPri2Pri
copyPri2SDPri

copySDAlt2Pri
copyPri2SDAlt

That way, users could update, back up and restore using standard CM zips and CWM functionality, wouldn't need to be spoonfed altered zips, and wouldn't be left in the cold when no one felt like doctoring CM updates anymore.

Granted, I have no idea how trivial/challenging it is to make such files :D

Hi Taosaur,

I think I know what you mean :confused: ... :D

-So you want a zip that can move secondary boot to primary boot on emmc and vice versa?
-This way you can use a normal CWM Recovery to backup either primary or secondary boot by moving them around for the standard CWM Recovery to read the correct partitions for backup. /mmcblk0p5 & /mmcblk0p6
-One thing I'm confused about is that I didn't know that "rookie1's" prep-dualboot.zip created an 11th partition for the secondary boot? I don't think it does?
-Please clarify on above points.
-Also since I don't have my own personal nook anymore, I don't think my wife or kids will want me messing with their eMMC just for testing purposes :p
-But after above points are clarified. I'll try to put together the .zips when I have a minute. But you'll have to be the guinea pig to test out if it works or not. :eek:
-You know the usual applies... "you flash this at your own risk... dadadadada" :)

thanks,
Racks

Reactions: Taosaur

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Long Boot Times

I note that whenever I boot into a ROM after using the other one, it takes an inordinately long time to boot. The CM9 boot indicates that it's upgrading the applications (about 70 of them). I assume CM7 is doing something similar but it does it behind the curtain. Booting into the same ROM after that takes normal time.

Anybody got an idea what's causing that?

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
I note that whenever I boot into a ROM after using the other one, it takes an inordinately long time to boot. The CM9 boot indicates that it's upgrading the applications (about 70 of them). I assume CM7 is doing something similar but it does it behind the curtain. Booting into the same ROM after that takes normal time.

Yeah, I think I know what's causing that. I believe it's because they both share the same /cache partition... and it rebuilds everytime you switch between primary and secondary boot???? I think...

Looking to update next flashable zip that will create and mount their own specific cache folder in /cache. Something along the lines of /cache1 and /cache2.

Something I overlooked when first putting this together.

-Racks

Last edited:

adamdelozier

Mar 31, 2011
Milford, CT

I thought that only happens when the dalvik cache is wiped...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

azdude

Aug 18, 2010
stuck on "Booting into alternate..."

First of all, thanks for all the great work OP.

I started off with Mirage_CM7_ICS_CM9_DualbootSD.img from the first post. Booted into CM7 without any problem. Connected to wifi and rebooted. Shut it down and rebooted holding VolUp+VolDown. The screen hangs at "Booting into alternate...". Force shut down and restart didn't help. It won't boot into CM7 either now. It hangs on "Loading..."

Once thing I would like to bring up is that the MD5 sum of the original image didn't match what's listed (819bc0f3bf9f8d70a8600803abfb6978).
It came up as 0544f35b59e50bcc939aa778383ae349 when I tested the img.
I downloaded once from Dropbox and once from 4shared. MD5 sum was same on both downloads. The rest of the links didn't work.

EDIT: To put it in perspective "Booting into alternate..." was hung up for atleast 20mins before I restarted.

Did anyone else run into this issue? Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
Hi Taosaur,

I think I know what you mean :confused: ... :D

-So you want a zip that can move secondary boot to primary boot on emmc and vice versa?
-This way you can use a normal CWM Recovery to backup either primary or secondary boot by moving them around for the standard CWM Recovery to read the correct partitions for backup. /mmcblk0p5 & /mmcblk0p6

Correct. Also so I can get CM7/9 to boot from the secondary partition in the first place.

-One thing I'm confused about is that I didn't know that "rookie1's" prep-dualboot.zip created an 11th partition for the secondary boot? I don't think it does?
-Please clarify on above points.

It looks like DeanGibson made his own scripts and created a second cache partition. I believe my NC is currently partitioned using his script, so I will need to figure out how to manually delete the secondary partitions, and I'm not finding partition management commands for adb :p Would I be better off using gparted? I don't have 'nux, but I can make a liveUSB and I've used gparted before. Will it recognize the NC EMMC as a drive?

-Also since I don't have my own personal nook anymore, I don't think my wife or kids will want me messing with their eMMC just for testing purposes :p
-But after above points are clarified. I'll try to put together the .zips when I have a minute. But you'll have to be the guinea pig to test out if it works or not. :eek:
-You know the usual applies... "you flash this at your own risk... dadadadada" :)

thanks,
Racks

If you come up with something, I'll be happy to test, though I'll have to sort out my partition problem first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello NookPeeps!

TRIPLE-BOOT your nook color with Stock on EMMC and Dualboot CM7/CM9 on your SDcard!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Update 5/4/12: Flashable zip update for Mirage CM7.2 / ICS CM9 OpenGL & Non-OpenGL. See second post for more info. :)________________________________________________________________________________

Update 3/26/12: Flashable zip update for Mirage CM7.2 / ICS CM9 OpenGL & Non-OpenGL / MIUI GB & ICS. See second post for more info. :)

________________________________________________________________________________

Update 3/6/12: Flashable zip update for Mirage CM7.2 / ICS CM9. See second post for more info. :)

Update 3/4/12: Seems we're still having some issues with the Mirage/ICS image being uploaded to the server. I've removed it from the techerrata server for the time being. Please download the file from the 4shared and Wupload links I posted at the bottom of this post. Sorry for all the trouble.

Update 3/2/12: New flashable zips for Mirage CM7.2 / ICS CM9 / MIUI 2.2.4. All downloads will now be hosted on the TeamWin Techerrata server. Links are now at the bottom of this post. For info on the updates, please see second post. :D

Update 2/19/12: New flashable zip for MIUI 2.2.3 and update for my DualbootSD CWM Recovery (nandroid capable!). See second post for download and instructions. :D

Update 2/17/12: New flashable zip update for ICS w/ Cornerstone by OnSkreen v2. See second post for download and instructions. :)

Update 2/2/12: New flashable zip updates for Mirage and ICS. See second post for download and instructions. :)

Update 1/27/12: Updated OP with working download links. Please let me know when a link goes down so I can reup. Big thanks to user "terra-starr" for hosting on his dropbox account. :)

Update 1/19/12: New flashable zip update built this morning. See second post for download and instructions. :)

Update 1/17/12: Gapps Calendar, Email and TTS Fix. See second post for download and instructions. :)

Well it's been a while since I've updated my DualbootSD thread. But since things are much bigger and better now with CM7 and CM9. Figured I'll prep a new IMG file that you can dualboot Mirage CM7 Kang and the latest greatest ICS CM9 off one SDcard. I did this because I do love ICS but still have the need to go back to CM7 for my own personal reasons, but figured I'd share it with everyone as well.

1-I've prepped the image file to be 3.7gb, so that no one will have issue's burning it to a 4gb SDcard or larger.

2-Both roms share the same SDcard partition. So on a 4gb card, the available space is limited to 1.4gb.

3-If you use an 8gb SDcard. To get use of the remaining storage on your SDcard. Just burn the image and then use EASUS Partition Manager to extend the SDcard partition. (Which is the 7th partition on the card)

4-Primary boot is Mirage CM7 Kang from his 01/13/2012 build (uImage/uRamdisk)
    -V6 SuperCharger by zeppelinrox included (read below on how to install)

5-Secondary boot is ICS CM9 was built on 01/14/2012 with the following additions (uAltRam/uAltImg):
    -Added telephony-permissions-fix by Samiam303 to allow phone specific apps to show in market
    -Added bootanimation fix by Homer_S_XDA (make sure you thank him)
    -Make sure you thank Samiam303 for posting the zips on his thread here

6-Gapps included but not baked into the rom, read below to find out how to install

7-This .img also includes a modded CWM Recovery that only works with .zips from this thread. Do not use it to flash with anything else besides .zips prepped by me for this thread!

Please follow below instructions completely before posting issues!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

1-Download the .zip at the bottom of this post

2-Follow the same directions as you would burn a NookieFroyo SDcard from NookDevs.com here.

3-After you burn the card, plug the SDcard into your nook and power on. Leave it alone and it will boot to the primary boot which is Mirage CM7 Kang and connect to a wifi connection.

4-Power off nook or reboot and boot to secondary boot which is ICS CM9 by holding down the volup+voldown together during boot and it should boot up Alternate Boot which is (uAltImg/uAltRam)

5-Once booted to ICS CM9, again connect to a wifi and then power off.

6-Now power on nook again and this time hold down the (n) button to get to the boot menu and choose SD Boot --> uRecImg/uRecRam.

7-Choose to 'Install zip from SDcard --> Choose zip from SDcard --> Now choose, gapps-GB-20110828-signed-DualbootSD.zip. Once that's completed now choose, gapps-ICS-20111125-2-DualbootSD.zip

8-After you're done flashing both Gapps, now you're ready to boot into your roms and sign into market. I don't think I need to go any further explaining how to do so.

9-Optional, but if you want to supercharge your Mirage CM7 Kang with the V6 SuperCharger Script by zeppelinrox. All you have to do is boot the Mirage and start up Terminal Emulator and do the following:
    - su
    - cd /sdcard
    - sh V6*
    - choose option 0 (fastest scroll)
    - choose 9
    - choose option 16 to reboot

10-Please be patient with your roms. Give it a minute or two on first boot. It also depends on what brand and class of SDcard you have. I've tested it on both a Sandisk 8gb Class 4, as well as a PNY 4gb Class 2. The roms ran much better on the Sandisk than it did on the PNY card. Read this thread by Blue6IX for more info on SDcard read/write speeds.

11-Oh for the ones that are gonna take this image and start selling it on Ebay as well as N2A, you guys suck!! :mad: But to each his own I guess. :)

12-And finally enjoy your DualbootSD roms!! Now you can triple-boot your nook!

Take it or leave it, just hope you enjoy it.

Thanks to all the devs for all their hard work in getting these great ROMs for our Nook Color.

Credits:
    Fattire and the CyanogenMod Team
    Koush(for his CWM Recovery)
    Samiam303
    Mrg666 (for Mirage CM7 Kang)
    Homer_S_XDA (for the bootanim fix)
    zeppelinrox (for the V6 SuperCharger Script)
    Hockeyfamily737 (for MIUI v2.2.4)
    TeamWin (for graciously allowing me to my files with them)
    If I'm forgetting someone, please let me know!

Download:
    You can now find all my downloads on the TeamWin techeratta server. Thanks eyeballer & kevank! All roms are categorized into their own folders. All zips should be in sequential order by date. Their is also a miscellaneous folder which contains all other optional zips that you would like to flash. :)

http://techerrata.com/browse/nook/racks

If I've helped in some way, please say thanks in one way or another!:D

Thanks,
    Racks
    Update 5/4/12
    -Remember to flash gapps after flashing the roms.
    -Download the zip and place it on the SDcard partition of your DualbootSD rom
    -Everyone should know how to flash by this point. If not, you should continue reading.
    -After done flashing, reboot and you should be good to go!
    -FYI: I'll try to update with flashable zips when ever I have time. But for now.. I've written a tool that will convert any standard rom zips for my DualbootSD. Check out the "Convert2Dualboot-SD Tool" thread HERE for more info!! Good luck and happy flashing! :D

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Update 3/26/12
    -MIUI Gingerbread 2.3.9 & ICS Alpha v4 MIUI 2.3.9 (Primary boot)
    -ICS CM9 non-OpenGL & OpenGL builds. 3-25-2012. (Secondary boot) Thanks again to eyeballer for letting me use his build for our dualbootSD. :)
    -Everyone should know how to flash by this point. If not, you should continue reading.
    -If after flashing a rom and it gets all wonky you might want to go ahead and try using an app like Titanium Backup and backup all your apps. Then boot into the CWM for DualbootSD that is included with the DualbootSD image and got to "mounts and storage" and choose to format either /system1 & /data1 for primary boot or /system2 & /data2 for secondary boot. And then flash the update zips that you have just downloaded and see if it makes any difference.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Update 3/6/12
    -ICS CM9 non-OpenGL build. 3-5-2012. OpenGL is broken at the moment. You'll find it much smoother with OpenGL disabled though. But no flash. :( Thanks again to eyeballer for letting me use his build for our dualbootSD. :)

Update 3/2/12
    -ICS CM9 OpenGL update 3-1-2012. My repo is full of changes uncommited at the moment. So eyeballer was nice enough for me to use his build. :D
    -MIUI v2.2.24. Thanks to hockeyfamily for allowing me to prep this for my dualbootSD. This will install in the primary boot. So it will replace your current Mirage build. It is also recommended that you perform a full wipe when going from one rom to the next. You can do so by booting into the CWM that is included with the dualbootSD and go to "mounts and storage" and choose to format "/system1" "/data1". Remember to also wipe cache.
    -For MIUI v2.2.24, after flashing. Make sure you download and flash "gapps-MIUI-v2.2.24-20111125-DualbootSD.zip"
    -Gapps ICS 2-24-2012 are borked for some reason. I will reupload when I figure out what's going on.
    -There's also a flashable zip for the new CM9 bootanimation in the miscellaneous folder if you want to flash that after flashing the rom. :)

Update 2/19/12
    2. If after flashing you find it unstable and since this is a completely new rom, I would recommend when booting into the DualbootSD CWM Recovery, go to 'Mounts and Storage' and choose to format '/data1' before flashing. You might not have to, and although MIUI is based off CM7. I'm not sure how it will affect your system without doing so.
    3. Remember to flash the CM7 gapps that was included w/ your dualbootSD as well.

DualbootSD CWM Recovery Update v2:
    1. You can now perform a full Nandroid backup of your DualbootSD, if you have the room to do so of course.
    2. Unfortunately, when doing a Nandroid backup, it will backup both roms. I haven't edited the code to give you the option of which rom to backup yet. Maybe sometime in the future.
    3. You can now choose which system you would like to wipe dalvik-cache for.
    4. Restore only the /system you choose to by performing an 'Advance Restore' in the CWM menu
    5. I will work on specific nandroid backups as well as fix permissions on next release.

-You should know how to flash by now. :p

Download:
    Update-Encore_MIUI_2.2.3_DualbootSD_02192012.zip
    MD5: d47de4896f2df81832b1462616701a3c
    4shared

CWM-DualbootSD_v2-Nandroid-Capable.zip
    MD5: 01b46e85f7b5e8f35b32a0f3a5070dc7
    4shared
    Update 2/17/12
    -Baked in Cornerstone by OnSkreen! This is just a beta test. So if you want something stable, do not flash this! But if you want to test out what else would be possible for our Nook Color, go ahead and flash! :D
    -Got alot more to work out before it's fully functional, but it works! :)
    -Fixed phone UI layout. Now tablet UI layouts correctly. Thanks hacdan for the help. :)
    -Check this post for screenshots and bug reports.
    -Remember to flash the gapps as well.
    -Remember to flash the calendar, email, tts syncing fix.
    -Follow same directions as below for flashing.

Download:
    Update-Encore_CM9_DualbootSD_02132012_OnSkreen_v2.zip
    MD5: 35042448b8c3ff6a837ddf133562c2dd
    4shared
    Update 2/2/12
    -For ICS don't forget after flashing gapps to flash the calendar, email, tts syncing fix from below as well.
    -Follow same directions as below for flashing.

Download:
    Update-Mirage_CM7_DualbootSD_02012012.zip
    MD5: 3800a7702cb540feb1153d20f471e9d3
    4shared | Dropbox
    Update-Encore_CM9_DualbootSD_02012012.zip
    MD5: bf49f76849740cb0f78883017cc430b0
    4shared | Dropbox

Update 1/19/12
    -Boot to the Modded CWM Recovery that is included with the DualbootSD by choosing SD Boot --> uRecImg/uRecRam from the boot menu.
    -Choose 'Install zip from SDcard' --> Choose zip from sdcard --> Update-Encore_CM9_DualbootSD_01192012.zip
    -If you have the gapps*.zip and the calendar-email-tts-fix*.zip. Go ahead and flash it now.

Download:
    Update-Encore_CM9_DualbootSD_01192012.zip
    MD5: 3f791ce4d8680e3334feb3bb5be014e7 (I had the incorrect md5 listed before. Thanks 'Michigeezer' for pointing it out to me! :D)
    Wupload | Fileserve | Dropbox

Update 1/17/12
    -Choose 'Install zip from SDcard' --> Choose zip from sdcard --> gapps-ics-calendar-email-tts-fix-DualbootSD.zip

Download:
    gapps-ics-calendar-email-tts-fix-DualbootSD.zip
    MD5: 68e57b1b716657d385e350dee3f3b147
    Wupload | Fileserve | Depositfiles | Dropbox | 4shared

Reserved! Finally I've reserved the second post on my own thread!! :D

Well I don't plan on updating the roms often unless there are some major changes that calls for it. And I've made it simple for everyone to do so once that day comes. As I stated in the OP this .img comes with a modded CWM Recovery that is meant only for .zips that are prepped for this thread!

So I will be prepping update.zips when the day calls for it. Till then please enjoy your DualbootSD roms! And please keep issues with the DualbootSD in this DualbootSD thread and not clog up the other threads. I'll try and post known issues as the days go by.

Thanks again!

-Racks
    quick hints

volup+voldown together during boot should get you to the altboot automatically without having to go through any menu. (Not that I don't love the menu!)

Nook Color Tweaks should allow you to set a default boot configuration.
    Hello all,

Just FYI, old news I know, but I made front page of XDA. :D

And now I have a v2 for the ICS CM9 with Cornerstone by OnSkreen baked in! So go ahead and flash this to play around with.

-Fixed display of Phone UI, now correctly displays Tablet UI
    -Second CSPanel now displays TitleBar and App Drawer icon correctly
    -The App Drawer button in the CSPanels are tricky. You have to tap it correctly to read touch input. Maybe something we'll look at as well.
    -Wifi is real messed up, connects, but doesn't show that it's connected. Sometimes needs a reboot to connect to anything at all.
    -You can browse the web, sign into market. But can't download anything from market. Gives -101 error.
    -Working on trying to figure out the wifi issue. Something in framework that Cornerstone merged in is breaking the wifi:x
    -Again, this is test, beta, alpha!! Flash at your own peril!
    -Check second post of OP for download and instructions. :)
    -Lastly, enjoy multi-tasking on your Nook Color! :D

device-2012-02-17-114936.png

device-2012-02-17-114929.png

device-2012-02-17-114912.png

device-2012-02-17-114317.png

device-2012-02-17-114333.png

device-2012-02-17-115157.png

Thanks,
    Racks
    Shumash ,
    you are in general a great helper for everybody and I really dont mind the criticism, although you could also point me the right direction to my questions.

About Racks now..
    Running to thank a post like this seems at least ironic and a bit ridiculous. When at the same time the same person leaves its topic for long without any support, without even caring to answer for his problematic and full of bugs script(if it wasnt for Den, it would be still at version 1,2 with no real use).And when the target is one of the people that were trying every new update and cared to provide a feedback to fix this, I really think that this is not the right behavior to present.
    Cause its one thing to get bored with your project and dont want to care anymore with this and another matter to be there only to say nothing. :cool:

As much as I do appreciate yours and everyone's feedback, I however don't always have time to respond or answer questions. I'll just list a few reasons:

1-This is take it as it is kind of deal. You can either use or you don't if you don't feel its being supported.

2-I have a 9-5 (sometimes 10) job, that keeps me pretty busy.

3-I have 3 kids one being a newborn that keeps me up all hours of the night. And I do value my time with my kids. Even if it is at 3 o'clock in the morning.

4-No one is paying me to do this. This is all pro-bono work that I try to contribute back to a wonderful community that has taught me so much.

5-You'd be surprised at how much you will learn by trying to solve things for yourself. That's how I did most of this stuff. I didn't even know what Android was about a year ago. Let alone linux. And keep in mind I'm a Children's Wear Designer by trade. So this is just a "hobby" to me.

There are many more reasons I can list, but really it does come down to time restraints with real life.

Now to answer your question:

1-There is an Updated Dualboot SD CWM that is listed in the OP and is also available on the Techerrata server. With the new Dualboot SD CWM, you will be able to do a Nandroid backup of both systems. Then you can choose to restore with system & data you want.

2-Nook Tweaks works for me. I boot into my Alternate rom and choose to always boot Alternate. Not sure why it wasn't working for you.

Thanks,
    Racks