$50 credit fro Google play....?

Search This thread

og.blaah

Jul 1, 2012
I just got this tablet last week, and registered it through Samsung. But I don't see anywhere where I can get my credit through Google play. I have contacted both Samsung and Google about this, no replies yet. Anyone been successful in getting the credits yet? Any advice is appreciated.
:thumbup::beer:

Sent from my SM-P600 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

nrage23

I just got this tablet last week, and registered it through Samsung. But I don't see anywhere where I can get my credit through Google play. I have contacted both Samsung and Google about this, no replies yet. Anyone been successful in getting the credits yet? Any advice is appreciated.

Mine came with the info in the packaging. I am sure it is $25 in google play and $50 in samsung store credit though.

Here is the registration link for the us.

http://www.samsung.com/us/register-for-your-galaxy-perks/

Reactions: SamuriHL

og.blaah

Jul 1, 2012
Oops...you are right... $25 in Google play. I checked my box, and did not have anything in there (promotional codes)

Just waiting for replies from google and samsung.. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Houndx

Feb 7, 2009
Oops...you are right... $25 in Google play. I checked my box, and did not have anything in there (promotional codes)

Thanks

You enter the info on that link. Your name, serial number, mac address, etc and they will email you the promo codes.

Reactions: ♧Gab♤

jkwjkw

Nov 23, 2008
Kansas City MO

les_garten

Nov 16, 2011
South Florida
Yep, that's exactly what i got.

Note that the Samsung store $50 credit expires in a couple months so don't forget to use it. I spent mine on $50 worth of obscure music I wanted and couldn't find for d/l elsewhere.

I'm having a hard time finding $5 worth of stuff to buy there!

When the first note came out,the Samsung Store had some good stuff in there. Not now...

sbattosai

Nov 13, 2011
What if you return the tablet, do you keep the codes? The new lg g pad Google Edition is really tempting and I am thinking of returning the note 10.1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Houndx

Feb 7, 2009

When the first note came out,the Samsung Store had some good stuff in there. Not now...

Mine showed up pretty much instantly. I want to say that after submitting i got a confirmation page.

The Samsung app store stinks but the music store is a bit better so I spent it there.

red321red321

Oct 28, 2013
this happened to me. if you dont get it immediately it means something is wrong with the system. email samsung to complain and you will get your codes.

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
i needed to go through like 5 half hour chats with customer service to get my perks.

jkwjkw

Nov 23, 2008
Kansas City MO

I purchased:
Dengue Fever - Dengue Fever (self titled CD)
Dengue Fever - Escape From Dragon House
Dropkick Murphys - Live on St Patrick's Day
Phil Anselmo / Warbeast - War of the Gargantuas
An All-Star Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd
An Industrial Rock Tribute to Judas Priest

All winners! :)

Note that I did have to search for a while to find them. I noticed that the Samsung Store search index is really messed up, and I had to try a couple of different techniques to even find this stuff. For most of these, I had to go to the artist page and look at all of the albums listed on their artist page. Searching for the album title, or going directly to a list of albums by the artists did not work (ie. these titles were not displayed at all).

Reactions: les_garten

jnichols2

Dec 2, 2013
If you didn't get your email with codes.

I didn't get my email at first. Later that day I found it in my GMail.

I used my Roadrunner email to register, and that's where I was expecting the reply.

However; the GMail account was the one identified with my Samsung account, so that's where they sent the email.

MotoManic

Feb 12, 2012
Registration question

I got 2 of these for family members, and have a question on how this credit is received. I'd like to attach one person to one tablet and another person to the other. It's my understanding that I'm eligible for 2 of these credits - one for each device... BUT, I'd then like to also attach a shared GMail account to each device and use the Google Play credit on the shared account.

Google says you can attach up to 3 devices to an account, and I know Android allows multiple accounts without an issue. What I don't know is how this Samsung credit sends you the $$. Do I need to register both with Samsung under the same GMail account? (Would Samsung even allow me to do so?) Or do they e-mail you the codes after the fact and let you take that code to another account?

I asked Samsung support, and they said it just wasn't possible - but that answer doesn't appear to coincide with their published Terms & Conditions, so I don't really believe it. I'm hoping someone that's been through the process can guide me to an answer I'd like to hear.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mine came with the info in the packaging. I am sure it is $25 in google play and $50 in samsung store credit though.

Here is the registration link for the us.

http://www.samsung.com/us/register-for-your-galaxy-perks/

Thanks

You enter the info on that link. Your name, serial number, mac address, etc and they will email you the promo codes.

I purchased:
    Dengue Fever - Dengue Fever (self titled CD)
    Dengue Fever - Escape From Dragon House
    Dropkick Murphys - Live on St Patrick's Day
    Phil Anselmo / Warbeast - War of the Gargantuas
    An All-Star Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd
    An Industrial Rock Tribute to Judas Priest

All winners! :)

Note that I did have to search for a while to find them. I noticed that the Samsung Store search index is really messed up, and I had to try a couple of different techniques to even find this stuff. For most of these, I had to go to the artist page and look at all of the albums listed on their artist page. Searching for the album title, or going directly to a list of albums by the artists did not work (ie. these titles were not displayed at all).
    Hmmmm

I got 2 of these for family members, and have a question on how this credit is received. I'd like to attach one person to one tablet and another person to the other. It's my understanding that I'm eligible for 2 of these credits - one for each device... BUT, I'd then like to also attach a shared GMail account to each device and use the Google Play credit on the shared account.

Google says you can attach up to 3 devices to an account, and I know Android allows multiple accounts without an issue. What I don't know is how this Samsung credit sends you the $$. Do I need to register both with Samsung under the same GMail account? (Would Samsung even allow me to do so?) Or do they e-mail you the codes after the fact and let you take that code to another account?

I asked Samsung support, and they said it just wasn't possible - but that answer doesn't appear to coincide with their published Terms & Conditions, so I don't really believe it. I'm hoping someone that's been through the process can guide me to an answer I'd like to hear.

Having just signed up, I can only give thoughts based on my experience. They will e-mail you codes to the gmail account that you associate with your samsung account/tablet. You sign up based on the serial number of the tablet. It would certainly appear that you could register 2 tablets to the same gmail and sign both into the same samsung account.(I have no proof of this). In that case you should get 2 e-mails with 2 sets of codes to use in the respective stores.

Because they are codes that you redeem, it is also possible (not tested) that you could have them sent to different accounts, but redeem them both within one account.

I noticed the Samsung store credit is good for 2 months after redeeming the code. Anybody have suggestions on what to use it for? I'm probably more interested in useful apps than in media (I like my music in flac and able to play from any machine and I want my movies in blu ray quality).
    Can do from PC...but

just ordered my note 10.1 2014 .when you go to registered this to get the credits do you have to use your note to do it or can you just use pc? because mine is a xmas gift .i was going to reg before i get to open it .any info would be appreciated.

You can do it from the PC, but you need the SN and the MAC address. The SN is on the box, but for the MAC you need to check it from settings.

I suppose you could try with only the SN, but I'm not sure it will work.