Sideload issue in stock recovery (ls980)

Search This thread

Donmarques72

Oct 3, 2011
Tbilisi
I try to install rom using sideload but unfortunately system abort installation after verification! I tried few roms but result is the same in all cases. This is an issue because I recently accidently delete rom on my device, so, only way to recover the system is sideload :(

Please advice what can I do to improve situation

PS - run_program("/tmp/loki.sh") - Installation aborted I get that message all the time when initiate sideload installation.

Last edited:

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Frist i dont believe you can use sideload from stock recovery .
1.will your phone boot?
2.if it can read on everything before doing anything to this phone.
P.s are you rooted
I will watch this thread for your reply i will help you any way i can.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda premium

pvinodnayak

Feb 10, 2012
Udupi
Brick cause of Buil.prop edit

Is there a way to by pass the phone model dll ?
have been trying to revive a friends G2.
after taking the zv8 update, instead of spr my friend for some reason put open, that too not using a build.prop editor,
but he took a copy of the build.prop into windows, does the edit and copies it back to /system/ folder. reboots.
phone stuck on lg boot logo. basically a softbrick.
THE PROBLEM.
because of the edit in build.prop, while trying to flash the stock firmware with the right dll and the right tot file,
it gives a fail saying that the phone model is diff. This error has to be related to the edit done to the build.prop.
now the only way to reboot the phone is to either somehow we are able to replace the build.prop file with a complete stock one.
anybody has any idea as in how to create a flashable build.prop file ? adb sideload works.
i created a build.prop.zip file using zipme in my phone and tried to sideload it, it aborts.
can anybody shed some info on sideload or adb push.

thanks

vladzko

Sep 28, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Is there a way to by pass the phone model dll ?
have been trying to revive a friends G2.
after taking the zv8 update, instead of spr my friend for some reason put open, that too not using a build.prop editor,
but he took a copy of the build.prop into windows, does the edit and copies it back to /system/ folder. reboots.
phone stuck on lg boot logo. basically a softbrick.
THE PROBLEM.
because of the edit in build.prop, while trying to flash the stock firmware with the right dll and the right tot file,
it gives a fail saying that the phone model is diff. This error has to be related to the edit done to the build.prop.
now the only way to reboot the phone is to either somehow we are able to replace the build.prop file with a complete stock one.
anybody has any idea as in how to create a flashable build.prop file ? adb sideload works.
i created a build.prop.zip file using zipme in my phone and tried to sideload it, it aborts.
can anybody shed some info on sideload or adb push.

thanks

I'm stuck in the same boat.
roooted...twrp 2700...then installed CM11/gapps to make it work with "US CARRIERS"
it didnt flash right...although TWRP log says " flash successful
same issue....LG flash tools saying phone model diff (d801) but infact its ls980....go figure
i have a working recovery. how can i download a rom file to the PHONE STORAGE VIA TWRP?
whats my options here guys?

thanks in advance, i hope my noobiness doesnt tickle anyones nerves too much.