X-note rom working (working LTE)

Search This thread

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I flash att roms just fine, i always have to fix wifi and configure apns, other than that att roms flash fine, i always make sure i remove their kernels if they are included in the roms, I can tell you this, the black dialer and contacts work perfect on the att rom

That is excellent to hear. And if you're referring to the black AOSP themed KnoxRaid dialer and contacts apps, I've been using them for over a month. But tell me, does your contacts not force close when you hit the phone icon? Because mine and many others on these forums have experienced that. If you have figured out a way around that, do share, as I'd like to know.

As to you flashing AT&T roms all the time, that is your choice and I'm pleased to hear that you've done so successfully.

I do believe that it's prudent to recommend against doing so, at least for the vast majority of users on these forums.

What works for you may not work for others, and a busted phone may be their resultant outcome by flashing with glee based on that which another asserts with great certitude.

Thus my statement and recommendation remain as it was written.

I hope this clarifies.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

DEEBS808

Aug 3, 2012
I've been wanted to try this rom.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

djkdawg

Mar 22, 2008
dallas
That is excellent to hear. And if you're referring to the black AOSP themed KnoxRaid dialer and contacts apps, I've been using them for over a month. But tell me, does your contacts not force close when you hit the phone icon? Because mine and many others on these forums have experienced that. If you have figured out a way around that, do share, as I'd like to know.

As to you flashing AT&T roms all the time, that is your choice and I'm pleased to hear that you've done so successfully.

I do believe that it's prudent to recommend against doing so, at least for the vast majority of users on these forums.

What works for you may not work for others, and a busted phone may be their resultant outcome by flashing with glee based on that which another asserts with great certitude.

Thus my statement and recommendation remain as it was written.

I hope this clarifies.

trust me i wouldn't tell anyone to flash anything I have not tested, also with that being said, here is my testing on the sprint note 3, because i have the tmobile note 3 and the international note 3.

Sprints model is slightly different, but not much at all.

I have successfully flashed international roms, att roms, and tmobile roms, and guess what, they all booted. the only issue is the same with all, no wifi, no nfc, and dialer doesn't work, but I figured out the wifi and nfc problem, if I can get another dev to figure out the dialer issue, I will post my script that ports them over to sprint. I do this type of work for a living and would not set anyone up for failure, if someone bricked their note, i would gladly pay for their overnight shipping and fix it with my jtag and overnight ship it back. I have repaired 1000s of bricked samsung phones and they are the easiest to bring back to life, compared to htc, sony and others.

Reactions: DevilDog512

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
trust me i wouldn't tell anyone to flash anything I have not tested, also with that being said, here is my testing on the sprint note 3, because i have the tmobile note 3 and the international note 3.

Sprints model is slightly different, but not much at all.

I have successfully flashed international roms, att roms, and tmobile roms, and guess what, they all booted. the only issue is the same with all, no wifi, no nfc, and dialer doesn't work, but I figured out the wifi and nfc problem, if I can get another dev to figure out the dialer issue, I will post my script that ports them over to sprint. I do this type of work for a living and would not set anyone up for failure, if someone bricked their note, i would gladly pay for their overnight shipping and fix it with my jtag and overnight ship it back. I have repaired 1000s of bricked samsung phones and they are the easiest to bring back to life, compared to htc, sony and others.

So do you have a fix for me on how to get the dialer from KnoxRaid working without tanking the contacts apk? I ask because you indicated that they worked perfectly on yours.

I'm trying to get them to work that way on mine.

I'd also be interested in how you can get mms from an AT&T rom working on a Sprint phone. Changing the MMS URL doesn't fix the issue. Text is fine, but multimedia, not at all.

As to your script being published, I'd think it would be proper to ask permission to post a script that ports another dev's work prior to posting it. And I'm still unclear how a busted dialer is a perfectly functioning one.

Last edited:

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Yes

I think that this and other questions will be properly answered once a real port of this rom hits the dev forum, and has proper support and install procedures in place. At the moment, it's sort of an anomaly.

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I would've thought Verizon ROMs would work better being as they're CDMA as well.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

No doubt. Unfortunately the dev forum on Verizon has been chirping crickets for weeks, with no KitKat TouchWiz in sight. I miss beans town phone and contacts on this device...

DevilDog512

Nov 9, 2013
Austin
Lol. Just got done checking that out and came to the same conclusion. To think we had some bellyaching on our thread about development. There were tumbleweeds over there. Did you download the knoxraid ROM to grab the dialer and contacts or is there a link for them? I finally figured out how to use hkthemer just haven't had time to try it out on 4.4 free. It did theme all the unthemed icons on k3 so that's promising. The bobcat theme on top of k3 is pretty bad ass. With that monster kernel v.5. Thats by far the best kernel I've seen on this device.

Reactions: micmars

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Lol. Just got done checking that out and came to the same conclusion. To think we had some bellyaching on our thread about development. There were tumbleweeds over there. Did you download the knoxraid ROM to grab the dialer and contacts or is there a link for them? I finally figured out how to use hkthemer just haven't had time to try it out on 4.4 free. It did theme all the unthemed icons on k3 so that's promising. The bobcat theme on top of k3 is pretty bad ass. With that monster kernel v.5. Thats by far the best kernel I've seen on this device.

Yup Bobcat theme is awesome, yet only works on natively inverted dialers, which K3 is.

Yeah, I downloaded the full rom. It's nuts the extent to which some will go just to not have to view a white dialer.

That rom gets updated regularly, just yesterday in fact, to V 5.1. That's for personal use, so that's why I had to go with grabbing the whole thing. I wouldn't flash the thing, just try out some of the inverted apps.

Lots of them work...

Calculator,

ny5y2y8a.jpg

Music player,

uty5abuq.jpg

Some others. Just have to experiment.

I hope this helps.

DevilDog512

Nov 9, 2013
Austin
I'm with you on that horrid dialer and messaging app. Even the stock keyboard is ugly. Makes you wonder who the hell they're designing these phones for. I would use xda much like professional sports use colleges and cherry pick the best devs and have the bestest phones in the world! Hahaha

Reactions: micmars

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I'm with you on that horrid dialer and messaging app. Even the stock keyboard is ugly. Makes you wonder who the hell they're designing these phones for. I would use xda much like professional sports use colleges and cherry pick the best devs and have the bestest phones in the world! Hahaha

I've always imagined that you'd have quite the team of programmers and graphic designers if someone with a brain just hired these hardworking devs.

wgorham

Apr 8, 2010
FM?

Has anyone been able to get the FM radio working on this one? I have messed around with pulling the files from the stock rom and working Beyond Compare. Any leads would be great.

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
This ROM has a lot of potential.. Hope it's not dead here

I've received all the responses I needed and have garnered the permissions I was looking for. I will be opening a thread today or tomorrow in the DEV section. If you want a preview, just pm me and I'll send you a link.

falconey07

Aug 7, 2011
First off this rom has sooo many possibilities. I'm rather impressed with it. Has anyone been able to get the physical button mapping to work? I tried setting up the volume keys to skip to next song with a long press and the screen off, but not having much luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got permission :) ! ! I will upload what I have and maybe someone else can get nfc working.

soloilmeglio - mate no problem in porting our rom but:

- please add link to our thread too and link to our paypal account in case users want to support us

- please link me your thread when is online

- continue to follow our thread because I can advice there if I publish some fix or update

- please if some other dev ask to you permission to take some part of the rom (or to import a modification) redirect him to me or xentrix and we will give feedback in few time.

- respect our work... lots of changes in our rom compared to stock... we are only two guys with private life and a totally different job (not software or computer related) so the time we spent in android is always less time for our our families ...

regards

Fabio & Giovanni (Italy)

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk
    This ROM has a lot of potential.. Hope it's not dead here

I've received all the responses I needed and have garnered the permissions I was looking for. I will be opening a thread today or tomorrow in the DEV section. If you want a preview, just pm me and I'll send you a link.
    Just got permission :) ! ! I will upload what I have and maybe someone else can get nfc working.

soloilmeglio - mate no problem in porting our rom but:

- please add link to our thread too and link to our paypal account in case users want to support us

- please link me your thread when is online

- continue to follow our thread because I can advice there if I publish some fix or update

- please if some other dev ask to you permission to take some part of the rom (or to import a modification) redirect him to me or xentrix and we will give feedback in few time.

- respect our work... lots of changes in our rom compared to stock... we are only two guys with private life and a totally different job (not software or computer related) so the time we spent in android is always less time for our our families ...

regards

Fabio & Giovanni (Italy)

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Wow! Awesome! Can't wait to try this sucker out!
    Did you get lte working?

I see the problem but I am not able to figure it out, their rom is gsm, I cannot figure out how to convert it to cdma , I love my 4G so I gave up after trying a million things, it was one of the fastest and nicest looking roms, i will attempt again after more research
    To properly port a ROM, certain apks need to be ported. Basically....decompile all apks that are dependencies (framework-res, TWframework-res, systemUI, SecPhone......etc.) and swap over .9's and then dig through vital XML/Smali and copy over color codes and UI settings.

Most other apks can just be used as is though.