[Q] Custom Device Status

Search This thread

mrcoffee1985

Mar 1, 2014
I have rooted my note 3 via towelroot (thank you so much geohot!!!). I have installed exposed framework, supersu, busybox and safestrap. Here is the question: my note switches from device status custom to official. On some boots it will have the custom status icon on screen. Some boots it does not. This corresponds to the system info as well....sometime shows custom and sometimes official. Why is this? Its no big deal i'm just curious. Thanks.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I have rooted my note 3 via towelroot (thank you so much geohot!!!). I have installed exposed framework, supersu, busybox and safestrap. Here is the question: my note switches from device status custom to official. On some boots it will have the custom status icon on screen. Some boots it does not. This corresponds to the system info as well....sometime shows custom and sometimes official. Why is this? Its no big deal i'm just curious. Thanks.

Once you rooted you customized the software. That custom padlock logo is a tattle tale telling on you! I believe your using an xposed module to "fake system status" in order to fool certain people. The xposed module is failing when you see this. It's possible an update, or setting was applied to the module making it fail. Or maybe it's losing it's superuser rights. I had the same thing happen to me. I used triangle away and haven't seen it again. It will surely come back on a factory reset I'm sure.

note crazy

Jun 1, 2014
boston
This happened to me as well and I know its not the xposed because I checked it. This has only happened 3 times and has not happen in like 4 days I checked my system and it says everything is official it did say custom the 3 times it happened I did do a factory reset and it still says official my question is has anyone found a way to unroot for warranty porpoises? Su will not unroot towelroot from what im seeing ...but if everything says official would you even need to worry about unrooting lol I mean if u just factory reset and sent it back I shows no sign of root its all official and no knox tripped ..just a thought ..

windstrings

Nov 22, 2009
Freezing "sysscope " on my sgs4 removed the custom unlock boot logo /icon like a charm, however it still bounces back and forth between official and custom on device status when looking.

jondoe27

Mar 16, 2014
Remove "busy box" file in XBIN system folder. Found this solution on a "Galaxy S4" forum. For a some reason a system keeps some leftovers after the full recovery done. Kinda wrong.

Last edited: