Search This thread

mynicksucks

Jul 20, 2010
Yes, but no upload function is working. I'm going to upload them as soon as possible.

//Edit: Here they are... Hope you can fix it anyway. More info needed? Tell me what you need to know.

Sent from my Desire using XDA App

Attachments

• snap20101204_235436.jpg
    snap20101204_235436.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,534
  • snap20101204_235541.jpg
    snap20101204_235541.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,596
Last edited:

Devmil

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 10, 2010
Yes, but no upload function is working. I'm going to upload them as soon as possible.

//Edit: Here they are... Hope you can fix it anyway. More info needed? Tell me what you need to know.

Sent from my Desire using XDA App
Does anything happen when you tap on the grey screen? Looks like the color I use for the preview header.

Edit: published a new version that creates the preview in another way (without changing the default preference-screen layout hierarchy)

Can you try this new version?

Last edited:

d0nald01

Sep 4, 2010
please add option to
- add already created widget again
- ability to launch other apps while clicking the widgets

:)

Devmil

Nov 10, 2010
please add option to
- add already created widget again
- ability to launch other apps while clicking the widgets

:)
- It is planned to provide a way to save / export and load / import settings or parts of it.
- is on the todo-list (this is the cause for the preference manager beeing there, so that the preferences are still reachable)

Devmil

Last edited:

Sethx

Sep 28, 2010
Lahnstein
Realy nice App.
Its my Nr. 1 App for Textbased Widgets for Now

A Few Suggestions and may one Bug

The Loading (charging) Text seems to work not properly.
When the Phone is loading, everything works fine but as soon as I unplug the Cable i have rather large "Loading" Text on my Display.

Insert an "empty Block" would be great.
For example:
The Batt Statt
When i add an charging Text into the Third Line,it align at the right.
That looks not so pretty :)

If I had the possibility to add an "empty" Block before the "Loading text" it would looks much better:)

In the Color selection would be an Input Field for the RGB Values realy nice, because we could adjust the Color much more accurately
A Text-based Weather display with Temperature display in the Notification Bar would be great :)

Devmil

Nov 10, 2010
Realy nice App.
Its my Nr. 1 App for Textbased Widgets for Now

A Few Suggestions and may one Bug

The Loading (charging) Text seems to work not properly.
When the Phone is loading, everything works fine but as soon as I unplug the Cable i have rather large "Loading" Text on my Display.
Thank you, and yes, this has been a bug (occured always when the text to display was empty). Fixed it.
Insert an "empty Block" would be great.
For example:
The Batt Statt
When i add an charging Text into the Third Line,it align at the right.
That looks not so pretty :)
Do you have a screen shot? It should get centered. Or has the widget to auto wrap text because of a font size beeing too big?
If I had the possibility to add an "empty" Block before the "Loading text" it would looks much better:)
So a "per row" orientation would do the trick? I've heard this wish more than once and I will look into this. But due to the way MinimalisticText builds the widget, I don't have much hope to find a good solution.
In the Color selection would be an Input Field for the RGB Values realy nice, because we could adjust the Color much more accurately
Have noted it
A Text-based Weather display with Temperature display in the Notification Bar would be great :)
Haven't looked into notification bar widgets yet. Sounds like a great enhancement for Minimalistic Text.

Any plans for Right-to-Left languages like arabic and hebrew?
Haven't thought about this yet, but shouldn't be much effort once Minimalistic Text gets multilanguage support.

Devmil

Last edited:

Sethx

Sep 28, 2010
Lahnstein

d0nald01

Sep 4, 2010
using minute (2 digits) i was under the impression that it will show 0s infront

ex. 305PM not 3 5PM

Devmil

Nov 10, 2010
using minute (2 digits) i was under the impression that it will show 0s infront

ex. 305PM not 3 5PM
Fixed, thank you.

So,
now it is done. Minimalistic Text has multilanguage support.
Update has been published already.
All texts in the app will be displayed in the system language and there is a new per widget setting to set the desired language for the content of this widget.
For now english and german are supported.

(for all the german here, others won't see it):
I'm (almost) sure I missed to translate something. Please tell me if you find something.

The next task is to extract all the infos I need for supporting new languages and then search for volunteers to translate and provide additional infos for their language.

I will post the data that I need when I'm ready, so you only have to fill out some kind of document and send it to me. There is no need to register for translation in this thread.

Devmil

Last edited:

d0nald01

Sep 4, 2010
hi thanks for the fix

was wondering when the option with space/separators will come :)

also wondering if you could add support for customizing each text as its own, so i can change the color separately.

Ex. right now 708PM

the 7 and PM is in the same "group"

i want to make the PM a smaller case without making the 7 a smaller case

izalcoman

Jun 4, 2008
San Salvador
Fixed, thank you.

So,
now it is done. Minimalistic Text has multilanguage support.
All texts in the app will be displayed in the system language and there is a new per widget setting to set the desired language for the content of this widget.
For now english and german are supported.

I'm (almost) sure I missed to translate something. Please tell me if you find something.

The next task is to extract all the infos I need for supporting new languages and then search for volunteers to translate and provide additional infos for their language.

I will post the data that I need when I'm ready, so you only have to fill out some kind of document and send it to me. There is no need to register for translation in this thread.

Devmil

Many thanks for your work , great widget , beautifull , is multilanguages ?, spanish pleaseee , thanks again

rycheme

Jun 2, 2010
Vote for weather, system info (like bginfo for windows).

From my Eris on CELB Froyo

Sethx

Sep 28, 2010
Lahnstein
.........Minimalistic Text has multilanguage support.

Great, the first german Multi Text Widget :)
Thx !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm (almost) sure I missed to translate something. Please tell me if you find something.....

Yes, your forgot the charging Text :)

Edit
Once again an User Error
Thx for Support

Next time i wait a while and try it much more ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So here it goes. My first Android app.
    I would like to peresent a first Beta release of Minimalistic Text.
    This app is heavily inspired by Clockr and BattStatt but adds some additional benefits.

Why?
    While searching for a reason to dig into Android app development I came across Clockr and BattStatt. So I decided to rebuild them.
    As the first version of a text-clock was ready, I wanted to push this widget one abstraction layer up to some kind of meta-widget that brings the different approaches of displaying information in a textual, minimalistic way in one line so that it gets possible to make all this text widgets look the same way.

But the main driver for me to spend evenings at my PC developing this app has been just the fun of it :)

attachment.php

What is Minimalistic Text for?
    In the first case Minimalistic Text is a widget app that displays information in a minimalistic way.
    „Yet another Text Clock?“ one may ask.
    The answer is „Yes“, but more than that.

Flexibility
    Minimalistic Text tries to give you much more control about what information to show and how this information should be presented. The architecture of the widget allows (the developer) to add easily new sources of information and let the user integrate them in a widget.

Today Minmalistic Text knows 4 sources of information:
    • Time
    • Date
    • Battery
    • Weather
    These information sources provide a set of variables that can be used in the widget configuration to build up your very own widget.

Resource Management
    Minimalistic Text tries to update the widgets only when necessary. Each widget analyzes the information (variables) it uses and knows when it has to be updated. So the update service updates only the widgets that have to be updated.
    When the screen of the device goes off, Minimalistic Text stops updating any widgets immediately and restarts the update process when the screen goes on again.
    For example: If a widget only has time variables and the voltage of the battery changes, the time widgets doesn't get updated. Sounds naturally? I don't want to know how many widgets out there don't take care about their update frequency :).

Still under development
    Minimalistic Text is still under heavy development. So many ideas are on my todo-list that haven't been implemented yet.

This can lead to breaking changes (that would force you to re-add your widgets to the home screen). Of course I will take care to avoid this, but it could happen.

How you can help
    I am open to criticism and suggestions. One reason for throwing the app in the public at this stage of development is to get early feedback in order to direct the development in the right direction.
    Please tell me if an error occurs. Either here in this thread, via PM or e-mail.

For a little guide see this link.

Download
    Minimalistic Text supports devices running Android 1.6 and up.
    To download Minimalistic Text you can scan the barcode, tap the barcode or the Market link from your android phone or type "de.devmil.minimaltext" into your market search.

>Market link<
    >AppBrain link<

EDIT: Added the sheet for the translation to this post

Updated the translation file. Better description for the number rules, new values

Updated the translation file. New values

Updated the translation file. New values
    Uploaded all translation files I already have.

Translation state updated, new translation master file.

New translation master file.

Translation state updated, new translation master file.

Translation state updated, new translation master file will follow tomorrow.

New translation master file.

Translation state
    The currently used translation files are in my Google docs folder:Klick
    To edit a translation or to add new ones please use the Google docs mechanism to get access to this folder.

Minimalistic Text Wiki
    Ever since i upgraded to 3.0.4 my Minimalistic text keeps crashing whenever i go under "Text style" and try to press "Normal". I'ts when I've changed the font once that it starts. Anyone else having this problem?
    Hi.
    I just published a new version (3.0.5) that should fix this issue!

Devmil
    Hello everybody,

I have published a new version (2.0) that adds
    - French translation
    - Serbian translation
    - style settings per variable
    - font size override per variable
    - Tap to speak

I've added a donate app for all of you that don't have or don't want Paypal but want to donate.

I'm quite busy at the moment so the progress of Minimalistic Text is not very fast.

I've removed the "Beta". I think all design-breaking changes are built in. This doesn't mean that I'm no more working on Minimalistic Text :)

My phone is a wildfire. I have tried it with different roms. BattStatt describes condition as not charging.
    My phone (Samsung Galaxy S I9000) also doesn't reach the state "discharging". If you really want to see that your phone isn't connected to a power supply, I could add a new variable that displays all battery charging states.
    Hmmm, will keep trying then...
    Any news on this?
    Great app!Perfect job!The only widget i use now on my milestone:)
    Thank you
    I just purchased an Evo and absolutely love this app. however, is there a way to create folders with this app? I would love to unclutter my pages and group certain apps together. I have another app to help with this but it forces me to user it's ugly icons.
    Folders are something I plan to look into. I can't promise of and when they will be integrated.
    Is it possible to add fonts for this app to use? thanks
    Not yet. Haven't found >THE< solution for that problem yet.
    I just discovered this widget and I absolutely love it.

While setting up my widgets I too tried to display a Tasker variable but it but blanked out, writing nothing...

Not much of a fuss, sure, but IMHO it could be a very useful feature. Can I help debugging? Or al'm I doing something wrong?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
    In theory every Tasker variable should work.
    I've had a few Tasker variables in my tests that were very special and only have values in special circumstances (the running music title for example is only filled when the music has been startet through Tasker).
    What variable do you want to display?
    Found this app a couple days ago - put it on my Droid 2 Global and my Viewsonic GTab, absolutely the coolest thing evah!

Ability to make custom stuff is great - hooking into the email/messaging APIs would be a cool addition (maybe the ability to make a message count widget)
    Thank you.
    E-Mail / SMS is another thing I want to look into. My hope is that there is a common API for that but I fear that every app has it's own approach.
    Great app! I love it. :cool:
    Thank you
    Damn....Now just to spend the next day tweaking this just to my liking. The customizability here is staggering. Wonderful application! Any way to make another way to donate? My bank won't work with paypal.
    There is a donate app online (since today)
    Hi,

There is only 1 problem I've come across and that is once I've created say a clock widget for my Home, after several hours it vanishes. It then just diplays that the widget cannot be found.
    If I try and recreate by holding down on Home then selecting widget it is no longer in the lists of available widgets.
    If I check in my apps it is still there also. I have even tried moving from SD card to phone in case it wasn't reading it correctly. I've also tried unistalling/installing 4 times now and it doesnt like it.

anyone any ideas?
    Woody

Hero running FroydVillian 1.7.72 running 691MHz
    Launcher Pro
    Is Minimalistic Text on the SD card? Can you collect your Android log and send it to me? (Log Collector can do that)
    Wow. This widget is amazing. Excellent work!

Does anyone notice a visible lag when having 1 or more widget that uses the blur effect on the accented word? On my widgetlocker lock screen, if I have blur turned on, the sliding lock is jumpy. Further on the homescreens, when I have 1 or 2 with blur, then scrolling between homescreens is --very-- choppy (using launcher pro)

I have a Desire running Defrost 6.1a clocked on demand (1700+ on quadrant).
    Hm. Have you tried other widgets with blur effects?
    In the end there is only a bitmap in the widget. So if the blur effect is the cause for that it has something to do with the patchy transparency the blur effect creates.
    I agree that this could be super powerful. Is there any way to display a tasker variable that shows the next calendar entry + location + time? Feeding this into minimalistic text would eliminate the need for other widgets like Calendr, etc., and have everything (date, time, weather, next appointment, bat status) all on one widget.
    I will try to find something. My Tasker knowledge isn't that deep.
    I would welcome an option of setting background to desired height and length. I came to this when i was thing of making sth like a custom notification bar...what do you think?
    Yes, I need this also :) My launcher (ADW Launcher Ex) overlappes the widgets or lets a 1px space between them in my 4x5 layout.
    thanks, do you know if the choice of fonts that are in the app can be replaced in the .apk?
    There are no fonts in the apk. Minimalistic Text only uses system fonts atm.
    Sweet App!!!

Do you have the todo list publicly available so we can view it, should
    help with not duplicating requests.
    Thank you.
    Hm, interesting idea. I have to think about it. I don't know if there are more advantages or disadvantages :)
    Option to duplicate a profile already created and saved to an instance of accidental removal of the profile could easily reload all my settings without having to start from clear profile
    The problem is that the Preference Manager isn't able to add widgets to the home screen. This is something that has to be triggered by the Launcher app. So the manual step of adding the widget is unavoidable.

Devmil
    adding fonts

How do you add custom fonts?

lot's of steps, but it's not that difficult...

Step 1, plug your USB cable into your phone (and computer), and hit "enable usb storage" on your phone so that you can create a new folder on the SD card.

Step 2 name that folder "fonts"

Step 3 go to a font website; I like http://www.fontsquirrel.com

Step 4 download fonts you like to your PC

Step 5 unzip the files

Step 6 look for OTF, or TTF files

Step 7 place those OTF/TTF files into the newly created "fonts" folder on your phones SD card

Step 8 quit USB storage on your phone and unplug from the computer

Step 9 open MT on your phone and go to "global settings"

Step 10 scroll down towards the bottom and there is a "Fonts folder" option, select that and edit it to show /mnt/sdcard/fonts

Step 11 use the fonts
    Hi all,

currently I'm working on an improved color selector. I have not that much time as the last weeks but it progresses.

Great Widgets!

Is there ever a possibility to integrate Signal Strength and Data State (3G etc.) into your Widgets. When I got that, a never need another widget anymore... :D
    Noted :)
    +1 on this! I've been looking for some minimalist calendar widget but couldn't find a decent one like this..

Btw that's a great icon for this great app!

And about the weather keeps disappearing, sometimes mine too! But when I open my stock weather app and update the info, the text appears shortly..

sent from my Leo on Desire HD2 using XDA App
    In the next version I change the way the weather data is displayed when something essential is missing (data connection, location service). At the moment the variables (all but the weather condition" show nothing. In the future they will show "...".
    Thanks. The white ones will be in the next version.
    I have this little suggestion.. a feature where I can change color of some items at once would be great! So I can change the color theme of my home screen, since most of them are using this app.. :D

sent from my Leo on Desire HD2 using XDA App
    Some kind of help for tasks like this will be available in the future.
    This is a dope widget thanks bro I love it

Werrrd Boooty !-.-!
    Thank you
    I can't get the battery widget all in one row, it is always in two rowes...where can I set one row?
    You have to build your own custom layout for that. Change the predefined layout setting to "custom..." and then tap on the custom layout setting. There you can drag the battery bar segments to your layout.
    Ive downloaded it twice now and all it says is loading after I create it using the widget function any advice?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
    Do you have it on your SD card through any 3rd party app to SD hack? And how do you confirm the settings? You have to tap the back key when you have configured your widget.
    If none of this two advices help I would need a log copy to see what's going on.
    This is one of the best apps and arguable the best widget I have downloaded so far in my short life on Android, I just blew two hours customizing my home screen, and I hope more devs jump on this minimalistic look. I guess my only suggestion would be to make the duplication of widgets slightly more obvious, as I have yet to figure out how to do that. Otherwise, keep up the good work!
    This will be improved soon (not the next version but shortly after)
    Devmil,

Your app seems so promising that I needed to do something for it. Here is an udated French translation with number rules. Unfortunately French is not easy at all... You'll see that when you'll see the rules ;)

If you have any question, feel free to PM me.
    I will try to integrate it.
    just downloaded but... i cant get anything else over the clock.
    how can i use it for weather?
    For weather you have to build your own layout through the layout editor (select "custom..." as predefined layout and then access the layout editor).
    There are no predefined weather sets yet, I think I will have to build one :)
    This is a really great app and I really appreciate your work!

I have a few suggestions that IMO would make this app perfect, but I realize they must require a lot of reprogramming :-/

I would like the ability to change each custom "block" their own style (font, style and color) and alignment.
    ...SNIP...
    And with the ability to control font size for each block. I could make "Charging" under battery stats to be smaller than the rest of the text. (Is invisible in the pic, because its not charging, maybe it should say "Discharging" or something ;)).
    My current plans are to support text-orientation and style settings per variable. This would solve your issues, I think.

Devmil