FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW-TO] Download and Flash X, X+ and XL Stock ROM with NX Flasher [NOOB FRIENDLY]

981 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,256

Post Reply Email Thread
10th July 2014, 09:05 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrc125

yes, i have same problem.. i cant run nokia x flasher on windows xp, is not valid win32 application and i cant install NET 4.5

Download and install NET 4.0 it works

17th July 2014, 07:14 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Medan, Indonesia

Donate to Me
More
OP updated with video
31st July 2014, 10:39 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nokia Flasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngSanley

Hi folks!

For anyone who wants to get back to the original Nokia stock ROM but DataPackageManager can't download the files for you or just too hard for you don't worry. Just follow this guide

UPDATE: video tutorial by @nikozzzzzz

1. Download the stock ROM imgs, to install stock ROM you just need to download:
- system.img
- boot.img
- recovery.img

Just download these files and that would be enough to boot stock ROM If you want stock preinstalled apps too, download preload.img.

2. Prepare the files, put the files in one folder that easy to access.

3. Download Nokia X Flasher Tool

4. Put your phone off, then hold down the volume down button and power button together. After the phone vibrates release the power button, BUT STILL HOLD VOL. DOWN for about 15 seconds. Connect the cable and the PC will recognizes the phone.

5. Download Nokia X ADB Driver and install it

6. Open Nokia X Flasher Tool, make sure your phone is detected, it will looks like this:

7. Click the system button and locate the system.img you just downloaded

8. Click Start Flashing to start the process (yes just system.img first)

9. After Flashing system done appears in Log, click Reset All Fields

10. Then click on boot, and locate for boot.img

11. Click on recovery and locate recovery.img

12. Then click Start Flashing again, and wait until "done" appears

13. If you want to flash preload, do the same as above, just reset the fields first.

14. After all imgs are done, click on Reboot. Your phone will reboot to the system and enjoy your new stock ROM

Note: If you want to factory reset, do it either in recovery or via settings.

I m using noka xl , I have the fone rooted , my software platform shows 1.1.1.0 and i want to update to new version which is 1.2.3.1 , so what should i do Once Flashing is done , 1. can i run the new software update or do i need to follow any other steps. i am not a developer so can you please clearly explain the step by step process of updating the new software update provided by nokia (1.2.3.1)
31st July 2014, 04:09 PM |#14  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 575

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgsmurli06

I m using noka xl , I have the fone rooted , my software platform shows 1.1.1.0 and i want to update to new version which is 1.2.3.1 , so what should i do Once Flashing is done , 1. can i run the new software update or do i need to follow any other steps. i am not a developer so can you please clearly explain the step by step process of updating the new software update provided by nokia (1.2.3.1)

First of all, this tutorial is for Nokia X.
Secondly, you should download NCS (Nokia Care Suite) and flash the latest version through that. That is the bestest way. This method is for devs and experience people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dom3616 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dom3616 Ad-Free
1st August 2014, 07:56 AM |#15  

More
hi. I'm trying to install the ADB Driver on my Windows 8.1 64bit laptop, and it says it needs the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe. is there any other version of ADB driver that I can try? thankyou.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dpinst.PNG
Views:	138
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	2879021  
1st August 2014, 08:53 AM |#16  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 575

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasetyo12p1

hi. I'm trying to install the ADB Driver on my Windows 8.1 64bit laptop, and it says it needs the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe. is there any other version of ADB driver that I can try? thankyou.

Google Nokia X Drivers. There should be a 64 bit version.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dom3616 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dom3616 Ad-Free
2nd August 2014, 04:59 PM |#17  

More
Thanks for the guide and the tool, but notice that 4.5 can't be installed on XP because 4.5 doesn't support it so please compile your project using 4.0 as the X Manager which working great on XP.
2nd August 2014, 08:08 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Medan, Indonesia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom3616

First of all, this tutorial is for Nokia X.
Secondly, you should download NCS (Nokia Care Suite) and flash the latest version through that. That is the bestest way. This method is for devs and experience people.

no, you can download fw using navifirm
The Following User Says Thank You to AngSanley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AngSanley Ad-Free
3rd August 2014, 04:03 AM |#19  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Simple tutorial. I was looking for it desperately when I wanted to flash my Nokia XL and couldn't find so I had to take the long way and flash with NCS.
Seriously, somebody should sticky this thread, too.

Sent from my Nokia_XL
5th August 2014, 09:06 AM |#20  
Flag Jakarta

More
Wow you are awesome, Thank you very much, now my nokia is back to stock rom and recovery.
14th August 2014, 09:35 AM |#21  

More
Excited :D
finally going to fix this bull**** bootloop problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)