Lets COOK some ...... ANDROID !

Search This thread

ritchietos

Nov 5, 2008
if someone can ghet haret to work than whe maybe can boot the htc tattoo or wildfire rom
(((lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/haret-devel/2010-February/000005.html))) (((mail-archive.com/haret@handhelds.org/msg01204.html)))
i think it must work its the same procesor and screen .

ritchietos

Nov 5, 2008
maybe a solution ?
(mail-archive.com/haret-devel@lists.linuxtogo.org/msg00013.html)
i found this response on google
I think I found the problem.

In mmu_trampoline function there is a code for setting translation table entry. But if the physical address of the mmu_trampoline is less or equal to 0x01ffffff, than the index to the table is wrong. The physical address will be actually virtual address, so we need modified virtual address for obtaining the index to the translation table.

I patched the code this way and there is no unhandled exception (on MSM7225):

@ Turn off mapping for this code
mov r1, r4, lsr #20
mov r0, r1, asl #20 @ r0 = funcaddr & 0xfff00000
orr r0, r0, #0x00000C00
orr r0, r0, #0x00000002 @ r0 |= 0xC02

@ next five lines count the mva and extract the index
mov r1, r4
mrc p15, 0, r7, c13, c0, 0
and r7, r7, #0xFE000000
orr r1, r1, r7
mov r1, r1, lsr #20

str r0, [r5, r1, asl #2] @ mmu[funcaddr>>20] = r0

The code lacks the condition for funcaddr (funcaddr <= 0x01ffffff).

Compiled HaRET with this patch is available here:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=284592&d=1266872927

I haven't booted Android yet because I don't have proper one (for HTC Jade).

Can somebody confirm if am I right?

Radim

arseny1991

May 19, 2009
Athens
very interesting, can it be that after nearly of 1 year of keeping this post alive, we might get android on our jade.....

i will be willing to try it out, just post the final haret u have compiled and someone needs to extract the android image from tattoo or wildfire rom...i tried but couldnt :(

Count me in as a tester ! :)

ritchietos

Nov 5, 2008
al we need is to put this in a folder and run haret

-haret.exe (http://xdaforums.com/atta...2&d=1266872927)(works on the msm7225)
-zImage (kernel file)
-Initrd.gz
-default.txt dont now where to look for maybe (androidonhtc.com/wiki/Boot_Options)
-rootfs.img
-system.img/system.sqsh (Android OS files) (maybe incubus tattoo 1.6 rom ? from xda )

ritchietos

Nov 5, 2008
hmm the tattoo has bigger ram can it not be a problem ?(tattoo has only 25 mb more ram ) just need to find the right boot option so we can boot android i found a rom from tattoo that works on 192 mb ram from incubus
can someone help pleas.
so whe can close this thread after a year and run android its just a few steps to go.
maybe 10 min whit som knowledge and we ghot android running bye bye windows mobile.

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Just for ur info

hi
i also wanted Android on Jade got impatient & the android bug bit me and went and bought my self a Tattoo(cheapest in my country)

having both WM(jade with my wife:D) and AM(tattoo im using it :D) the info i wanted you to note is

that on the Android mobile u need to put all ur working aps on the Mem and as of now to my knowledge u dont have the option to install some applications on the Storage card like the WM
so keep this in mind the More Memory on the Tattoo makes the difference

this is Just food for thought for all u cooks are trying to cook android for our Jade
happy cooking and good luck:D

adrimaxi

Sep 4, 2007
Fresnes
Sorry haree, I am not sure about what you're saying because with haret the android system remains on the SD so as long as your SD is big you're safe...
Anyway it remains that you can still use app2sd... Perhaps you should have a look into cooked rom with app2sd
have a good WE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With kind regards and thanks to a member of this forum, stuliv12, who provided us with a link to a HTC Click ROM, im asking all the chefs of this forum to be so kind and port Android on Jade. Only you have the skills needed to do so.

I believe that many of us here would want to make their Jade even better, by running Android on it :)

I have uploaded the ROM to Megaupload, so that you dont have to go to the original site and register.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FSD6CJ8N

Looking forward to seeing and testing Android on Jade.
    Thank You in advance.
    UpLoad plz working zimage & inetrd