FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][WWE] [21.11.2010] CleanEX OzROM V5.20 WM6.5.5 24635 [Android/TMOUS Friendly]

30,196 posts
Thanks Meter: 24,492

By the_scotsman, Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee on 7th February 2010, 01:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2010, 12:48 AM |#501  
OP Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Flag NSW, Australia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok666

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yesterday I got around to flashing 1.80 and while it seems at least as fast, battery life is nothing like 1.50 unfortunately. I'm using the same settings and programs as on 1.50. I haveone exchange activesync push, one imap account pulling every 2 hours and weather is set to update every hour. After a soft reset last night the battery dropped from 60% to 20% over night where 1.50 would usually drop 10% or less.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

TIA

Hmmm..I've never seen the battery drop so quickly...mine always lasts a few days...not sure what could be the cause...anyone else got bad battery usage?
23rd March 2010, 02:05 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman

Hmmm..I've never seen the battery drop so quickly...mine always lasts a few days...not sure what could be the cause...anyone else got bad battery usage?

Thanks. I'm downloading 1.60 now. I'll see what the battery is like with that one and then I'll try 1.80 6.5.x again. I'll let you know what I'm getting out of my battery on both.

Cheers

EDIT: I'm back on 6.5 (ver 1.60) and battery life seems back to normal. I'll reload a blank 1.80 6.5.x later today and see what happens
23rd March 2010, 06:39 AM |#503  
Flag NSW, Australia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok666

Thanks. I'm downloading 1.60 now. I'll see what the battery is like with that one and then I'll try 1.80 6.5.x again. I'll let you know what I'm getting out of my battery on both.

Cheers

EDIT: I'm back on 6.5 (ver 1.60) and battery life seems back to normal. I'll reload a blank 1.80 6.5.x later today and see what happens

Cool..!
23rd March 2010, 06:42 AM |#504  
Flag NSW, Australia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrsia from Whirlpool

Well, so far so good! I figured a fellow Aussie cook, on Telstra would know what I had to start with, and should be well 'tasted' to 850mHz.

Couple of questions: perhaps I should post on XDA? anyway,
1) what is the little "target" icon on the notifications bar?
2) what is the (?)app that comes up when you touch the notification bar to the left , ie, the connections manager, battery and clock etc? It doesn't seem to do much other than 'notify' which with notifications bar does fine. Is that part of X-close? And I seem to hit it a lot when I don't mean to...

3) oh, and something I noticed, when you take the weather off the home tabs, you can no longer get to the weather menu by clicking on the weather/location on the home page. You COULD do this with stock, and it meant one less tab. Wondering if thats normal?

I'm sure I'll have others

1) Target icon? I'm guessing you mean the volume (speaker) icon

2) The icons that pop down from the top? That's just the default behavior of 6.5.x ROMs.

3) I'm not sure what you mean by taking the weather off the home screen? How did you do it?
23rd March 2010, 10:29 AM |#505  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

More
1)Ahhh.. it's a speaker! I guess when the speaker's muted it has a line through it?
2) Oh! ok, no worries, just wondering
3) When you go to menu on the home screen and select "Personalise home screen tabs" you can de-select the weather one, which simply takes it off the tab scroll bar at the bottom. In stock, this didn't matter because if you tapped on the sun on the home page it still took you to the weather app where you could update, choose options etc. In your ROM it doesn't. Clicking on it does nothing. No biggy, just thought you'd be interrested.

Oh and when I go to phone, there is no menu button - if I tap on the place where it should be, it brings the menu up it just doesn't have anything there.
23rd March 2010, 11:49 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Soft Windows Button
Scotty

Great ROM is version 1.80, I got it downloaded and in at last! No problems here, apart from the Sound & Display page disappearing (blank white) for no apparent reason, which is known.

What I wondered is would you consider changing the logo on the soft windows button, or telling me how to do it, because I use the hard key for that and map the windows soft key to HTC Action.exe and Rotate_screen for short or long press, with AMeBa. I mess your ROM about a lot with mods, but this is the one thing I can't get going. There is a cab with an HTC logo floating about that puts coloured taskbar items in like your's, but I think the .dll is wrong because the volume icon doesn't change if you switch to vibrate, etc, well not without a soft reset at least.

Any chance of considering this please?
23rd March 2010, 12:35 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
bad battery for me 2

but its improved since sunday

am running 1.60 and battery dropped like crazy

charged the phone sunday...battery went to 70% monday then 47% today

so dats a good improvement! i make 3-4 calls a day 4-5 emails a bit of rss and web browsing and a couple of weather updates and dats abt it

hope the battery improves
23rd March 2010, 12:41 PM |#508  
Flag NSW, Australia

More
Next ROm will not have 576 MB hack, and will be based on 1.72 instead of 2.10. This will improve call sound quality, and battery life!
23rd March 2010, 12:43 PM |#509  
Retired Senior Moderator
XDA Central
Thanks Meter: 4,365

More
HSPL2 is out by cotulla.
I have flashed my device with 2.08 HSPL same as the 2.10 official rom that this release is based on.
I will test and report if there is any real benefit in using a newer HSPL
23rd March 2010, 12:45 PM |#510  
Flag NSW, Australia

More
Cool, thanks..was wondering if there is any change.
23rd March 2010, 01:21 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philcat

Scotty

Great ROM is version 1.80, I got it downloaded and in at last! No problems here, apart from the Sound & Display page disappearing (blank white) for no apparent reason, which is known.

What I wondered is would you consider changing the logo on the soft windows button, or telling me how to do it, because I use the hard key for that and map the windows soft key to HTC Action.exe and Rotate_screen for short or long press, with AMeBa. I mess your ROM about a lot with mods, but this is the one thing I can't get going. There is a cab with an HTC logo floating about that puts coloured taskbar items in like your's, but I think the .dll is wrong because the volume icon doesn't change if you switch to vibrate, etc, well not without a soft reset at least.

Any chance of considering this please?

philcat,

You mean like the one in the screenshot of my homepage below? It's not the same as the one Scotty uses in his current OzRoms of course, but it has the HTC logo for a Start icon (and it has no problem with the volume icon - it changes to reflect your option selection). It works well for me, as a taskbar and softkey bar, though I don't map the Start/HTC soft button to anything in particular.

I've attached it just in case you want it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot Homepage_1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	297798  
Attached Files
File Type: cab gfreek based taskbar_HTC.cab - [Click for QR Code] (6.76 MB, 9 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)