FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,138

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th January 2013, 01:30 PM |#2261  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadolf

Does it even have a USB-OTG capability?

I think it was one of the phones which need an Y-cable for an external power source to make USB working. At least this was for the I9000:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=21503409
The Following User Says Thank You to supermaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supermaz Ad-Free
12th January 2013, 12:57 PM |#2262  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Works fine on my SGS3

I've tested this on my SGS3 with a canon 60d. Basic functions seems to work fine.
However I've huge problem with image review. As soon as I enable this the application will freeze after taking a picture and a reboot of both the application and camera is required.

Anyone experienced the same and know how to solve this?
13th January 2013, 07:43 PM |#2263  
Flag Enschede
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadolf

Does it even have a USB-OTG capability?

yes, it has
13th January 2013, 11:08 PM |#2264  

More
Unhappy cm10.x problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by erledvo

Did you find a solution to CM10 and DSLR controller on the arc?

Regards

I have a Motorola Xoom which had ICS and DLSR installed and it worked perfectly with my 600D.

Now I have updated the Xoom to CM10.1 and DSLR no longer works. Finger of suspicion is pointing at CM10.1 seeing as that is the only thing that has changed in my setup.

I don't really want to go back to ICS but I miss DSLR too much
14th January 2013, 11:59 PM |#2265  

More
Hesitant to Buy
I am a little hesitant to buy this as it seems there has not been an update since September 27, 2012, about 3.5 months ago.

Is this app still being developed? I am hesitant to buy something that may have problems with my config, and be mostly unsupported. Has anyone been here regularly? How is support for this app?

Thanks,
Warren
15th January 2013, 12:09 AM |#2266  
Flag Zapresic
Thanks Meter: 199

Donate to Me
More
Chainfire is good and he still develops it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

After next week I have three weeks reserved for exclusive DSLR Controller work, if that doesn't finished the upcoming update, I'd be surprised

Sent using Xperia Active and XDA app.
15th January 2013, 03:40 AM |#2267  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlavallee

I am a little hesitant to buy this as it seems there has not been an update since September 27, 2012, about 3.5 months ago.

Is this app still being developed? I am hesitant to buy something that may have problems with my config, and be mostly unsupported. Has anyone been here regularly? How is support for this app?

Thanks,
Warren

Is that what the standard is now? It hasn't been updated in less than three months, so it must be dead?
The Following User Says Thank You to ulfius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ulfius Ad-Free
15th January 2013, 05:45 AM |#2268  

More
I just downloaded but I'm getting the camera not found error. I ran USB host diagnostics with a 1000D and got the results in the attached screenshot. When I start the app, I'm not getting the superuser prompt so it seems as it's not being called at all. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BauGe.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1646088  
15th January 2013, 10:39 AM |#2269  

More
Awesome for my new little Canon DSLR :)
thanks chainfire
15th January 2013, 11:01 AM |#2270  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcooper

I just downloaded but I'm getting the camera not found error. I ran USB host diagnostics with a 1000D and got the results in the attached screenshot. When I start the app, I'm not getting the superuser prompt so it seems as it's not being called at all. Any suggestions?

I have the similar trouble. My tablet is rooted and the Remote Release has Superuser permission but my 550D is always "Busy" and the app don't find the device.
15th January 2013, 12:22 PM |#2271  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 88,138

Donate to Me
More
Again, there are multiple levels of USB support in an Android device, and all of them most work correctly for DSLR Controller to operate. DSLR Controller was pretty much the first app to actually use the USB port like this, and as such everything was new when I started building it. Had I known then what I know now about the system, I would have built it differently, which would have been more robust, more portable and altogether better. That a USB mouse works does NOT mean DSLR Controller should work. They operate on different levels in the operating system.

It would not have changed much though for the Android situation. Many cheap tablets and custom firmwares simply do not have a full software stack of USB host support. This is not my fault nor my problem - in reality there is precious little I can do about this, and those things that can be done, have mostly been done.

If you have problems with your config, 95 out of 100 times it's your config itself, and not the app. There's nothing I can do in those situations. It's like calling Microsoft for support because your monitor has broken.

If you buy a $150 tablet, chances are it won't work. Nothing I can do. If you're running CM and it doesn't work while stock firmware does, nothing I can do, go talk to your device's CM maintainer and work with him to get USB host properly supported on that device.

If your device reboots during DSLR Controller operation, there is something wrong with your setup. Most likely your cables are suffering from too much interference. Just because the cable doesn't always give problems, or works fine with your <whatever-device> doesn't mean the cable isn't bad. It could also be your firmware. The app itself cannot cause a reboot without something else being faulty as well.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)