FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,138

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2013, 03:52 AM |#2291  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
EOS 6D + Galaxy Tab 10.1 (CM 10.1)
I got my new 6D yesterday and today i had a little time to try the camera with DSLR Controller.

It all works fine (i had to disable the silent mode for the studio flash).

Thanks for this great app.
4th February 2013, 04:29 PM |#2292  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Bulb
No one can shed some light on this?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by block306

I am still not getting to understand how to use the "timed bulb" function. When I choose this option, the app tells me that the bulb option in camera is not set even though it is on Manual. In 500D, bulb is achieved by setting to manual, press and hold the shoot button. So I am not sure how is bulb activated using this app.

This is especially curious since one of the config setting is how to do bulb- tap to open and tap to close. Anyone can help?

Thanks.

5th February 2013, 01:03 AM |#2293  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Wow I didn't know this was possible, I know someone who has this camera that may be interested.
5th February 2013, 04:05 AM |#2294  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No video playback
I can record video properly using the app, but I cannot get video playback. Whenever I click on a clip, it says loading and then it just goes to a black screen. Is there a fix for this, or is there no functionality for that yet?
5th February 2013, 07:15 PM |#2295  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesteaMan

I can record video properly using the app, but I cannot get video playback. Whenever I click on a clip, it says loading and then it just goes to a black screen. Is there a fix for this, or is there no functionality for that yet?

I'm having the same issue with my image review, I have the small thumbnails on the right side but no large image, just a black screen.
6th February 2013, 12:18 AM |#2296  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesteaMan

Maybe it could help when you give a little bit information like what kind of phone you are using.
I have the same issue, but thought it was because of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 which can not really deal with 1080p.

I can't found "Video-Playback" on the feature list: dslrcontroller. com/about.php - just "Video recording")
6th February 2013, 12:51 AM |#2297  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 88,138

Donate to Me
More
There is no video playback in DSLR Controller at this time, nor is it expected any time soon.

Android cannot playback the video format by default, and most custom solutions do not allow to use hardware acceleration. And if they do, then not on all devices - not even on most. That's not even considering that video needs to be transferred in its entirety from the camera to the device before it can be played back - which is a lengthy process indeed.

Image review should definitely work, though!
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2013, 01:03 AM |#2298  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

There is no video playback in DSLR Controller at this time, nor is it expected any time soon.

The handling is a bit misleading. It looks like the app is trying to load the video and fails. A display "video preview is not possible." would make more sense.
7th February 2013, 07:27 PM |#2299  

More
Thanks for the great app. I find it very useful. any chance you could add a time sync option to synchronize the camera and tablet time?
9th February 2013, 09:32 PM |#2300  
Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellrb19

What do you mean by proper cable? 95%of the time the program does not work on a device which should be supported, it is the fault of the cable. Even if the cable works in every other situation, this does not mean it is proper. Try a couple different cables, both usb and OTG. I have had both cause problems.

But only with DSLR Controller. I assumed long time ago that there are timing problems only with this app. I even tried to talk about it in this thread. I bought 5 different OTG Adapters for 3 different Android devices (Note, S2, Tab 7.7) and used countless standard USB-cables to connect 3 different cameras (5DII, 5DIII & 1DmkIV). It was all the same frustrating results. Some of the cable combinations worked for a while, never reliable for hours, some didn't even do the initial connection. It seemed that the shorter the cable the better. Chainfire always stated he can't influence nothing regarding that 'USB-quality'. Now Helicon is on the market, doing alot of things DSLR Controller is doing, especially regarding the USB communication with the camera (I don't want to compare the features!). Guess what? ALL of my cables are working flawless! Same cameras (well, the 5DII is gone), same Android devices (again, the S2 is gone). I can use any OTG adapter even with the long original Canon USB cable. No problem live viewing the pic or focus stacking, both using some heavy communication.

Don't get me wrong, I still would like to use rather DSLR Controller, but it's too picky about the USB connection. Additionally, since Helicon is working so well in that respect, I have a hard time believing the app can't do anything for a good USB communication.
The Following User Says Thank You to pspilot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pspilot Ad-Free
10th February 2013, 08:46 AM |#2301  
Flag Frankfurt

More
the eerionN
it is now possible to transfer single pictures (raw)?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)