FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,137

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2013, 06:45 PM |#2371  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi! Love your work chainfire .

Has anybody tried the nexus 4 + externally powered otg cable + tweaked software method with DSLR controller?

[OTG] [19MAR13] [DIRTY HACKS] Externally Powered USB OTG

Cheers
20th March 2013, 10:54 PM |#2372  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
External Flash not firing
I have a Canon 450D, Nexus 7 tablet, Cactus V4 Wireless Flash Tx/Rx Set and a couple of non canon flashes and the flash triggering is not working. I do not have a setting for enable/disable silent mode on the camera and I do understand that this is something that the camera controls for your software. Is this going to be something that your working on in the future so I can possibly use my DSLR Controller with various external flashes? I would really like to be able to use flashes with liveview controlled by my tablet with the Canon 450D.
21st March 2013, 06:09 PM |#2373  

More
Re: Feature proposal: Image overlay
DSLR Controller is a great piece of software. Thanks Chainfire.

I second the Image Overlay feature request. Will be very useful when doing multiple exposures and/or panorama shots.

Magic Lantern already has this function (Ghost Image) and I found it indispensable, even for some landscape work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mipastgt

Hi Chainfire
I like DSLR Controller very much and use it with my Asus 700TF tablet. For my studio work I am missing a feature though which might also be of interest to others. For image compositions it would be very helpful if one could select an arbitrary image from the device and show it as a semi-transparent overlay in the live preview in a similar way as it is done with the grids and aspect ratio frames. Having this feature I could then for example select an image shot at some location and then in the studio direct a model to fit exactly into that scene.
What do you think?
LG, Michael

22nd March 2013, 03:45 AM |#2374  

More
Feature Suggestion - Transfer All Image Files
I have just installed DSLRController on my CM10.1/4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy Note II and it works great with my Canon 5DMKII.

I note you are working on a new feature to have the image transferred directly to the Android device and I'd like to suggest that you consider expanding this idea to allow transfer of existing images in addition to the one just captured. My use case is that I will use a mixture of tethered and untethered photography and will need to move all the captured images RAW+JPG to my Android device for cloud upload.

Cheers and well done on a fantastic app,

Robert Rath
23rd March 2013, 04:45 AM |#2375  

More
Thumbs up
First post ....

Installed on Galaxy Note2 N7105 with Canon 1Dsmk3 no issues ....... but I do have one question. Is there a way to see focus points and which one is locked as main focus point.

Edit: bit of a read may be due to the canon VxWorks

Great app along with exposure calculator may need to get out and test 10 stop filter on some landscapes

Tony
23rd March 2013, 01:44 PM |#2376  

More
Question Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S Duos?
Is DSLR Controller Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S Duos?

On the site is a whitelist, but no blacklist for compatible mobiles. Does anybody know if it should work with the Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 ?

Cheers, Alexander
25th March 2013, 01:56 PM |#2377  

More
Device to purchase to use with DSLR controller
I have a 5D MKII and a T2i camera that I would like to use in video mode with the DSLR controller app. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of which of these tablets I can purchase at Best buy would be my best option. I have $50 in reward certificates which is why I mentioned Best Buy.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Kindle Fire HD 7"
Acer - Iconia Tab A110

Thanks for the input!
25th March 2013, 03:50 PM |#2378  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman65

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Kindle Fire HD 7"
Acer - Iconia Tab A110

I would not buy the Kindle - there you are only able to use the Amazon App shop, not the Google Play store. It is not a real Android system - it is very strong modified by Amazon. You should also (if possible) think about the Nexus 7 - it does have a very high ppi resolution (better than on a Ipad).
30th March 2013, 11:33 PM |#2379  
Flag Wausau
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Ive been trying to get this to work on the Motorola Atrix 2.

I made my own usb cable that the atrix recognizes as usb. It has the host capability.

However the program just doesnt interface with it. Maybe it has a different mount point? That might be smoething to look into. It would open up alot of other phones that this program does not work on.

Ill post a screenshot when i can.

*edit* there we go

well maybe not apparantly i cant yet. Either way, i have pictures if you want them

Basically usb version 4.4
Host mounts usb controller works.

It recognizes the camera as Canon however this program here still does not work.
31st March 2013, 11:22 AM |#2380  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 88,137

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelj12a

Ive been trying to get this to work on the Motorola Atrix 2.

I made my own usb cable that the atrix recognizes as usb. It has the host capability.

However the program just doesnt interface with it. Maybe it has a different mount point? That might be smoething to look into. It would open up alot of other phones that this program does not work on.

Ill post a screenshot when i can.

*edit* there we go

well maybe not apparantly i cant yet. Either way, i have pictures if you want them

Basically usb version 4.4
Host mounts usb controller works.

It recognizes the camera as Canon however this program here still does not work.

There are various levels of USB host compatibility in Android ... you've probably only fixed the kernel level, but the Android portion is still not working. (Some apps use kernel-level USB, others use Android level - now that I've build DSLR Controller, I wish I went with the kernel-level support, but that is hindsight).

You can check in a root shell if "/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.usb.host.xml" exists, and if it does not, try this:

Code:
mount -o rw,remount /system /system
echo "<permissions><feature name=\"android.hardware.usb.host\"/></permissions>" > /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.usb.host.xml
reboot
On some devices that makes it work ...
31st March 2013, 07:43 PM |#2381  

More
Thumbs down cube 30gt
Hi! Does not work on cube 30gt-h, 4.1.1 Cameras are not visible. 5dm2 camera, tablet 5dm2. Standard cable going complete. I really need help and support to 30 bucks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)