Need help to root Tab A SM-T550.

Search This thread

calaiou

Nov 29, 2014
hello ashyx , for the recovery of the Tab A , failed?

Last edited by a moderator:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
hello ashyx , for the recovery of the Tab A , failed��

You need to be more specific as to what happens. Does it start the root process but fail to mount the partitions or does it not start at all, do you see the red android?
Can't help you without specific info.
I don't have your device, so it's difficult to build for it.

EDIT: made a new build. smt550_cf-autoroot.tar

Please take close note of the process and report what works and what doesn't.

EDIT: DEDICATED FORUM FOR TAB A. ALL WORKING BUILDS OF CF AUTO-ROOT AND TWRP CAN BE FOUND HERE
http://galaxy-tab-a.proboards.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: bibi67

calaiou

Nov 29, 2014
ashyx ??

Attachments

• 1433100324308.jpg
    1433100324308.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 9,032

calaiou

Nov 29, 2014
i dont see the new thread ashyx ,
everything went well with Odin and when the tablet reboot, the writing red of su reboot again an again
im with google taduction ashyx
?????

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

I have to reinstall the firmware stock with odin

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
i dont see the new thread ashyx ,
everything went well with Odin and when the tablet reboot, the writing red of su reboot again an again
im with google taduction ashyx

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

I have to reinstall the firmware stock with odin

Can you post a screen shot there. I need to see what it says on the screen.
Also you don't need to reinstall any firmware just reboot by pressing and hold POWER + VOL DOWN.
It should restart as normal. If not I will upload the stock recovery. Just flash that.

EDIT: Here you go flash this is your stock recovery, boot into download mode then flash with ODIN, then boot into recovery with POWER + VOL UP + HOME then wipe CACHE. It should then boot normally. Stock Recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: demod_oz

calaiou

Nov 29, 2014
dont work ashyx with power +vol down,
thanks for recovery stock im going

Attachments

• 1433111855878.jpg
    1433111855878.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 3,690

calaiou

Nov 29, 2014
ASHYX ,im a looser I do not even happen at creating a new thread ??

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

that's it I managed create a thread

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

invalid thread , im really a looser
I give up

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3123992

calaiou

Nov 29, 2014
ashix my savior

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

you are in usa ashyx

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
ashix my savior

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

you are in usa ashyx

United Kingdom.

I have uploaded another build, hopefully this one will work.
The problem is getting the system and cache partition to mount. Mounting is being prevented by Selinux policies. I need to give permission for recovery to mount these partitions, so you will have to bear with me.
If you end up in a bootloop or hang on the Samsung logo then just reboot back into download mode and flash the stock recovery I posted then boot into recovery mode and wipe cache.

smt550_cf-autoroot.tar

Last edited:

calaiou

Nov 29, 2014
work ashyxxx the best??
the v3

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

im just tried the first (v3) and is good

calaiou

Nov 29, 2014
yes ashyx im instal the first build a v3 , and i have root access . you are the best

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Is there anyone out there who can confirm the root Ashyx created? I'm hesitating to try before I brick my new tablet :crying:
    2. so I should go into Download mode with the tablet and use Odin to flash ONLY the file you've posted?
    3. What if it fails?
    4. Why are you building some kind of recovery for Calaiou?

Why not just read the thread, it's already been confirmed working several times.
    It won't brick your tablet if you have the right model.
    If it fails, which is unlikely, you can easily recover by flashing the stock recovery I have posted.
    Why am I building recovery? Because I can and Calaiou asked me too. :what:
    Consider these builds as beta test builds.

Just make sure they boot on your devices. I have more to do before final release.

sm_t350_twrp_2.8.7.0.recovery_test

sm_t550_twrp_2.8.7.0.recovery_test

Please test and report any anomalies. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

Sweet! Did you have to buy a Tab A for yourself to do so?! Anyway thanks for so much you've done!!

BTW, what theme is that? ☺

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Yep, got a great deal on the lte version. Gonna have a play with it then move it on. Things I do for you guys :sly:
    Maybe I should set up donations then everybody could chip in for it? ;)

I didn't create the theme, it came from the device I ported Twrp from, but it's a great theme and I may just update my other builds with it.
    Good News! :D

Finally managed to get TWRP recovery working on this device.
    Just got a few more tests to do then I'll post it up.

Screenshots:

23m76z4.jpg

r7n6n4.jpg

Give this a go: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347758647
    Stock Recovery: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347758669

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Ashyx
    Do you have a twrp for sm-t550 created?

I have tried to build CWM Recovery as the last 2 twrp recoveries failed. See how this goes.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347758664

If it fails after trying to boot into recovery then reboot and type these commands into android terminal then send the files to me.

su

cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg

Also can you look for the recovery log in:

cache/recovery/last_log

They may give clues to the issue.
    @ashyx
    First of all, a huge thanks and thumbs up for the dedication shown by you. I had all but given up on getting any recovery working on my device. I have not flashed this yet, but will do as soon as i reach home.

I have to ask....what changed (apart from you buying the device)? How did you do it?.....Did you sleep at all :p

Well I have a family and don't have much free time, what I do have I pretty much give to this forum.
    It is quite difficult to develop for any device you don't own as you're relying on good testers. Whom I really appreciate as they are potentially risking their device. Even though I try to keep that risk minimal.
    It makes a world of difference having the device in hand as it's easier for me to try different things.
    Development is mostly about failure, but try, try and try again until success.
    I've had stuff go on for months until I've had success.
    Once I get a bone it's difficult to drop it lol.
    I usually get there in the end, but it just takes a lot of time and searching for answers.
    Just gotta crack that root for the S2 now! :rolleyes: