Votes: 2,363 53.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
I take it you're using rc30 version? If you are try this:
Wipe phone, install jf 1.41, sign in and let your phone sync, once that's done then apply the theme. Dont do a wipe. Do the wipe only before JF's 1.41. Also make sure the themes you d/led are the correct file size. They do get corrupt at times in the d/l process. g/l

Yes rc30, i will try it that way. Think i already did though

tehseano

Jan 23, 2009
Ok, dumb question but, you ARE installing themes that say they are compatible with JF 1.41 RC30, right?

Vintage War always has given me problems, regardless of my build number.

I've had tons of sucess with themes though.

Deep Black, Macdroid, Hybrid, android meets ubuntu, carbon glow, fadetoblue, red.black, umbrella2. they all work with 1.41

manup456

Dec 10, 2008
Danbury
www.creativeminds.graphics
This really bothers me when people talk about my theme not working dont blame my theme if you dont know what your doing. Most of the people who had problems with my theme got it after they read and learn how this phone works. Vintage War works and i know cause i installed it my self on 6 different G1 phones of family and friends.

kron2

Mar 30, 2008
the problems you are having have to do with the space on system and the size of the theme. if you did a fresh install of jfrc30 1.41 I think you would find the themes will install or try to uninstall some of the apps you installed and then try the theme.the themes you have installed with no problems probably where smaller,

sangeet.003

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009
Badlapur
These are the files to be edited in order to change the lock pattern theme:

All these Files are located in Framework.apk/res/Drawable

The White Dots
1. btn_code_lock_default.png
2. btn_code_lock_default_trackball_pressed.png
3. btn_code_lock_default_trackball_selected.png
4. btn_code_lock_touched.png

The border of the dots which turns Red/Green/...
1. indicator_code_lock_point_area_default.png
2. indicator_code_lock_point_area_green.png
3. indicator_code_lock_point_area_red.png

Reactions: honey_vs_me

mannyb

Dec 31, 2008
Interesting, and it makes sense. I'd definitely trade in the transparency for a smoother scroll. You barely notice the transparency anyway so it's not like we'll be missing a bunch of eye candy.

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
Thanks kron i will give that a shot as well. I do know what im doing manup and i didnt mean to offend like i said your blue star 5 theme is the only one i can install. Im just running out of ideas and asking for advice. Will try what kron said, hopefully that does the trick! Never had problems with any theme before v1.41.

bms122223

Jan 26, 2009
Please help!!

Ok I updated my phone with the multi touch. Everything worked great! I tried to get a little tricky now. I took a theme I had and tried to replace the framework folder and switch it out to the multi touch zip. Everything went great ALT S it updated fine but now all that will happen when I reboot the phone is it goes back to the reboot screen. I have a backup on my sd card but not sure how to get it. Can anyone help me? Please Thank You!

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Question... anyone know how to change the default pictures in the wallpaper gallery?

240798-480-640.jpg

nah0y

Feb 1, 2009
Marseille
I'm sorry, the post is maybe somewhere, but i couldn't find it, can anyone have a lick to a tutorial for installing themes on an android rooted device ?

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
I'm sorry, the post is maybe somewhere, but i couldn't find it, can anyone have a lick to a tutorial for installing themes on an android rooted device ?

There really isn't a tutorial.

Make sure you install a theme that is compatible with what Rom you installed (RC30,ADP1,etc)

1-Download the theme
2-Rename theme update.
3-Transfer the theme to your Cards root directory, Do not place it inside any folder(s) (/SD card)
4-Reboot your cell. Call+Menu+End key, while rebooting switch over to....Holding Home+End key
5-Should be in recovery mode. Alt+s. If you'd like to wipe first, that's up to you.
6-Reboot again after its completed installing. Home+Back keys
7_ Cross your fingers and hopefully it won't cycle in boot up.

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
Ok I updated my phone with the multi touch. Everything worked great! I tried to get a little tricky now. I took a theme I had and tried to replace the framework folder and switch it out to the multi touch zip. Everything went great ALT S it updated fine but now all that will happen when I reboot the phone is it goes back to the reboot screen. I have a backup on my sd card but not sure how to get it. Can anyone help me? Please Thank You!

Did you figure it out yet?

J

Joeriginal

Any Transparent Clocks out there

Im just looking to update with a Clock thats transparent dont really wanna change my theme just the clock. Are there any transparent clock update files out there?

brandenk

Aug 11, 2007
San Diego
KspecKlock.png

I can whip that clock up for you and make its face or hands or both transparent. I would say somewhere in the neighorhood of adding 25% transparency would be nice and leaving the hands solid. Just lemme know what you want.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I am a little new here. I am kind of a newb with a lot of things. I did root my device and replaced the boot images.. but i do not know how to make themes. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help by making a theme for me?

I added some images as to what i am looking to have done, that is of course anyone is willing to help. it is fairly simple i am looking to get the color scheme and kids icons if possible... maybe have a little fun with the clock or not if its too much work.

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it... i am a graphic designer more than a programmer.. a lot of this is confusing to me.

I really like this site and hopefully i can be of some help at some point. This is my first post but i plan on posting a lot more.
    I would like to change the text color of the popup panel or menu to white.

paneltext.jpg

I have a nexus one, using CM6, and decompiled my framework-res.apk. I found in the Value folder that the styles.xml has the following that is relevant to changing the panel text color. The code:

<item name="panelBackground">@drawable/menu_background</item>
    <item name="panelFullBackground">@drawable/menu_background_fill_parent_width</item>
    <item name="panelColorForeground">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>
    <item name="panelColorBackground">#ffffffff</item>
    <item name="panelTextAppearance">?textAppearanceInverse</item>

I did several things but the text is still black.

1)I removed "Inverse",
    2)changed the "panelColorBackground" to #ff000000 and, left "panelColorForeground" "panelTextAppearance" alone.
    3)removed "Inverse"

Nothing helps. Do you have any idea?

After I changed the styles.xml, I recompiled, copied original AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder to the modded framework-res.apk, then pushed. Is any of the following incorrect?

please help

In the styles.xml change:

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
    <item name="textColor">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>

to

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
    <item name="textColor">@color/bright_foreground_dark</item>
    Nice concept...but I`m not sure if you have looked at this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=467639 It describe how to make a theme and stuff, good starting point anyways. Hope it helps!
    @brandenk

why do we need to zip the files in linux? By the way thanks for the theming for dummies guide. ;)

I don't know why, something about how linux packages zip files opposed to windows, and yes once I figure it out and find all the problems people can have I am going to make up a nice walkthrough on making themes. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were already some theme manager apps in the works to make this whole process easier.
    Im teaching myself how to make themes as well. I have found it best to read through that walkthrough a million times and then PM a couple of the dev guys to answer specific questions.

Basically this is the process:

- Take a theme that you like for RC30 or ADP1 or whatever you wanna make it in

- Extract 2 folders inside, app, and framework into a new folder on your computer

- Rename add a .zip to the end of the apk files and extract them all so you have a bunch of folders with your app names

- Go into res and find any folder that says drawable and inside of there are the files to edit for your theme. Make sure not to edit the .9.png files.

- Once all your editing is done get into linux and turn all the folders back into zip files, then turn them back into apk files.

- Then take your app folder and framework folder that contain the new files and in linux create it into one zip file.

- Then you send the file back to windows, get the SignAPK files, put your zip in the folder with the SignAPK files and run some commands in the CMD to resign the file.

- Then rename that file update.zip and put it on the SDcard and give it a whirl.

This is how I understand the process after talking to a couple people for the last few days. I am hoping to release my own theme soon and if it works you will know that these steps are right. LOL And dont follow those directions, they are just to give you an idea of the steps involved.