New York City
ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 for Galaxy Nexus *CDMA Edition*

Download Link

MD5: b2d31c29b7ef785f9c0802a12264d322

c5b37ec206c0ea8cpng.png

How to Gain Root and Unlock Bootloader

1. Download root package: Link
2. Download CWM: Link
3. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
4. Unlock the bootloader if locked (fastboot oem unlock) then reboot into fastboot mode again
5. Temporarily flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img)
6. Boot into recovery (Press Volume Up twice until you see "Recovery mode" then press the Power button)
7. Using CWM, install su.zip that you downloaded in step 1
8. Reboot into the OS
9. You are now rooted

How to Install ClockworkMod

1. Install Root Explorer from the market and delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p *Mount as R/W first* See this link for help
2. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
3. Flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img)
4. Reboot into OS (fastboot reboot)
5. You now have CWM recovery permanently installed

How to Access ClockworkMod

1. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
2. Press Volume Up twice
3. Press the Power button when you see "Recovery mode" selected

**All credit goes to to Koush and anyone else responsible for ClockworkMod**

Attachments

• adb-fastboot.zip
    406.7 KB · Views: 2,453
Last edited:

oc3rulz

Jan 30, 2010
Columbus, OH
looks like I will be the guinea pig and try it first...here goes nothing!

Update: Confirmed Working!! Making a backup, then flashing a rom

Update 2: Backup worked, mount USB storage from CWM fails, so I have to load into the phone since we got no SD Card

Last edited:

acidone

Jul 10, 2007
Boots into CMW... Should I try a ROM?

Backup appears to work....

Mount SD didn't work.... Although I didn't figure it would...

Last edited:

ihyln

Dec 29, 2009
flashed and installed. Did a nandroid backup to test and worked well. thanks!

GirLuvsDroid

Feb 16, 2010
Wilmington, DE
I flashed this LTE recovery image over an hour ago and the recovery flashed just fine and I was able to get into recovery and make a backup. Nice job!

ihyln

Dec 29, 2009
bad news.

did a nandroid, installed superboot for root access, and tried to return to CWM to install a mod but I keep getting the red triangle.

Hilbe

Jan 26, 2010
Fishers, IN
Having issues on my Mac. I did the flash, I see the status on the device, but I can't seem to get the recovery to take. It just dumps me into the stock recovery.

./fastboot-mac flash recovery LTErecovery_cwr.img
sending 'recovery' (5300 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... OKAY

ihyln

Dec 29, 2009
I re-pushed CWM recovery and seems to be running fine now. Just installed a mod without issues.

Last edited:

JewRican

Jul 17, 2010
has anyone gotten OTA to install after flashing this lte cwm?

If not, any advice on getting stock recovery back for LTE model?

guitarevan07

Dec 24, 2009
Question. I'm getting 'fastboot' is not recognized...etcetc' when I'm trying to flash the recovery. Noob issue I know. Should i be normally booted up into android when I run that script? I'm unlocked and rooted already.

I pretty much just plugged my phone in, put the downloaded file in the root of my harddrive and made sure cmd was pointing there and ran the script. and it gave me that message that I said above

Last edited:

JewRican

Jul 17, 2010
Question. I'm getting 'fastboot' is not recognized...etcetc' when I'm trying to flash the recovery. Noob issue I know. Should i be normally booted up into android when I run that script? I'm unlocked and rooted already.

I pretty much just plugged my phone in, put the downloaded file in the root of my harddrive and made sure cmd was pointing there and ran the script. and it gave me that message that I said above

no, your phone needs to be in fastboot (From off, hold volume up and down and power). then run that.

dvation191

Jul 16, 2010
Weird I couldn't get into recovery.

I was already unlocked so I booted to fastboot, ran the "fastboot flash recovery LTErecovery_cwr.img" command, which worked, then ran "fastboot reboot".

Went back into fastboot, choose Recovery, and all I got was the red triangle until it rebooted itself back into the OS.

JewRican

Jul 17, 2010
i am definitely in recovery, but have not tested doing a backup or restore. I am really trying to get CWR off so that i can run the OTA upgrade, but i dont think there is a stock recovery img file out yet.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Got the stock recovery.. someone helped me out in my thread! the dump got posted online which is where i got if from. Mine is updating now!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20335431&posted=1#post20335431

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 for Galaxy Nexus *CDMA Edition*

Download Link

MD5: b2d31c29b7ef785f9c0802a12264d322

c5b37ec206c0ea8cpng.png

How to Gain Root and Unlock Bootloader

1. Download root package: Link
    2. Download CWM: Link
    3. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    4. Unlock the bootloader if locked (fastboot oem unlock) then reboot into fastboot mode again
    5. Temporarily flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img)
    6. Boot into recovery (Press Volume Up twice until you see "Recovery mode" then press the Power button)
    7. Using CWM, install su.zip that you downloaded in step 1
    8. Reboot into the OS
    9. You are now rooted

How to Install ClockworkMod

1. Install Root Explorer from the market and delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p *Mount as R/W first* See this link for help
    2. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    3. Flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img)
    4. Reboot into OS (fastboot reboot)
    5. You now have CWM recovery permanently installed

How to Access ClockworkMod

1. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    2. Press Volume Up twice
    3. Press the Power button when you see "Recovery mode" selected

**All credit goes to to Koush and anyone else responsible for ClockworkMod**
    The final version has been released. Enjoy. :)
    Yup. Just patiently waiting for it now. Getting tired of flashing it manually each time :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

You need to delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p
    Or rename it to '1recovery-from-boot.p' without the quotes
    That will prevent the overwriting of CWM with the stock recovery each boot.
    The final version is now released. The OP has been updated. Enjoy. :)
    look back a couple pages

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

its been adressed in the thread...look back a couple pages

Got it thanks :)

"You need to rename the recovery-from-boot.p file in the system folder to recovery-from-boot.p.bak to keep the recovery from getting re-flashed to stock on boot"