FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

My phone crashes when entering a roaming area

263 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By chubb16, Senior Member on 15th January 2011, 05:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a G2 running Cyanogen 6.1.1 with pershoots latest kernel and when I enter a AT&T roaming area my phone crashes and reboots itself. God forbid I try and use google maps or places. I noticed if I uncheck the "national data roaming" the phone operates as normal but ofcourse I don't have any kind of data access.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Does this happen with the stock rom? I wouldn't know because I been running cyanogen from day 1.

The phone has some serious issues when roaming. Even after I came back to the home service area I had no signal at all until I reboot the phone.

Due to buisiness I am going to be in that area a lot and really need my phone to work.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
16th January 2011, 11:12 PM |#2  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I live in Maine, and this is a valuable feature when we travel inland. Has always worked flawlessly on BB, MT3G and HD2. My boyfriend's Vibrant picks up ATT and Unicel without issue. Unfortunately, I was unable to connect to another network (voice and data were nil) on the stock rom, and I had to go airplane mode to get signal back when I knew I was back in the TMo area. Haven't tried it on CM yet, but pisses me off to no end that a Vibrant gets better signal and service than my G2. (And that a necessary service for our area doesn't work as it should)

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)