Thanks Meter: 306

Post Reply Email Thread
20th May 2012, 03:10 PM |#31  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 911

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5

actually can super cid using full radio s-off as with sensation. DHD has eng s-off but sensation only has radio s-off via revolutionary exploit. main thing for me is CID check as if that works i could flash asian ics ruu with new hboot to check touch recovery works.

AFAIK this hboot allows us to flash bootloader. So you could just extract the ICS hboot and flash that.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroHero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroHero Ad-Free
20th May 2012, 03:10 PM |#32  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool
Thanks Meter: 3,355

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-V

@the moment i dont understand why you flashed s-off hboot and want to overwrite it with a official ruu..instead of using s-off with custom roms and flash newer radios etc...and maybe we can try to change internal mem size for data and system..such things...we are also able now to change files directly

with kind regards

because this s-off bypasses cid check so many without stock ruu can flash ruu files from different regions. also as i posted i wanted to check if asian ics official rom flashed so could check touch recovery is working as suggested by another user

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero

AFAIK this hboot allows us to flash bootloader. So you could just extract the ICS hboot and flash that.

ahh thats right mate thanks
20th May 2012, 03:18 PM |#33  
Flag ZP
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:

and maybe we can try to change internal mem size for data and system

its my dream!!!
20th May 2012, 03:24 PM |#34  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 911

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=AsteriX=-

its my dream!!!

We have 4GB for /data/ surely you don't need more

20th May 2012, 03:31 PM |#35  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41

More
exactly what i was thinking lol
20th May 2012, 03:50 PM |#36  
OP Member

More
Quote:

flashed successfully now i have your name at top of my phone's bootloader. can i change that? no offense intended. now gonna flash http://hotfile.com/dl/153603012/8909...igned.exe.html
gonna try flash official ics ruu to see if flashes successfully now. if successful i can then test if touch recovery works on ics hboot as reported.

question:
is the bootloader actually unlocked or just patched and still locked? reason i ask it writecid failed with command error. technically it should have worked? what happens if i unlock the bootloader will i lose s-off?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

ics asian ruu flash failed on CID check error 131.............. any ideas why mate?

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

can i have this to try as asian ics ruu fails cid check

Well other teams/people write their name on their work
If you really want to change the name, I can do this for you individually...
20th May 2012, 03:52 PM |#37  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool

More
right as suggested by andhero i extracted rom.zip from temp folder of ruu file. changed hboot extension of asian ics rom from .nb0 to img anf flashed via fastboot which was successful. my hboot is now 1.28......... touch recovery as previously claimed doesnt work with this hboot as i have tried it. partition errors on booting recovery. also text at top of hboot screen is now 'unlocked' and fardjabd name is gone. understandable as it was hboot 1.25 that was patched!

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fardjad

Well other teams/people write their name on their work
If you really want to change the name, I can do this for you individually...

no its fine mate not a problem as i said. was asking just in case i needed to is all. its gone now after updating hboot to 1.28
20th May 2012, 03:56 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:

you mean extract rom.zip from ruu file and rename it PI39IMG and flash via bootloader? could work but i am certain that also check for cid as in effect ruu file does same thing just long way round

you can change the CID of ROM.zip by yourself.
Because the S-off hboot won't check the signiture of the ROM.zip
that could be another way to bypass CID check
The Following User Says Thank You to alfchin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alfchin Ad-Free
20th May 2012, 04:02 PM |#39  
OP Member

More
Quote:

That is the best news ever for the sxl...hope the xda news see this...so more people buy and develop this phone...so much respect and thx for this

if i have my phone back and i tried i want give you a beer/ coffee if you want.... did you have paypal

with kind regards..Alex

You're very welcome, and your willing for donation is much appreciated.
I don't have Paypal, so I can't accept donations.

Hope S-OFF helps developers (And almost all the devs in this forum who don't even want to answer my PMs and simple questions, learn sharing their knowledge is the way to get back more...)

Enjoy
20th May 2012, 04:12 PM |#40  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfchin

you can change the CID of ROM.zip by yourself.
Because the S-off hboot won't check the signiture of the ROM.zip
that could be another way to bypass CID check

It's ok mate as what I was checking doesn't work. I successfully flashed new hboot so this s-off has good functionality. Splash screen flash also works well. At least we have a temp solution while other bigger devices have none. Good work mate

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
20th May 2012, 06:08 PM |#41  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 921

More
hboot 1.25.0003
radio-3822.10.10.12_M
eMMc-boot
oct 13 2011,16:05:05

flash stock ruu
run fardjadb

after finished ... automatically reboot and go to bootloader