Search This thread

dcabro

Jul 23, 2011
Belgrade
its really frustrating

i cant seem to install the CWM

and heck,i cant even download from that link

Let me tell you how I did it and what worked and what didn't:

1. I tried on Windows 7, 64bit - this was no go. I couldn't get the driver to install so I couldn't flash anything to the phone.

2. My second attempt was on Windows XP, where it worked. So use Windows XP. Some others might work as well but this worked for me.

3. You can probably use the drivers which are supplied in the phone, but I've used the ones from the CM ROM I flashed the phone with. You can download the whole rom from http://slax-u8500-rom.googlecode.com/files/u8500-Sp10-PackagesEN.7z

Slax has made this so all credits to him. It contains the rom and the drivers.

4. Press & Hold volume down key + call end (red) key and then press power key

5. Install the driver from the above package, downloaded in the step 3, from the u8500Drivers\Android Adapter ADB Interface (custom driver installation)

6. After successful installation, you can either flash the recovery (1st post of this thread) or use the recovery and rom from this Slax build. I haven't tested the recovery from this thread, I've used the Slax's one.
If you decide to follow my steps, you should run the windows 2.3.bat file

7. It will flash the recovery and the rom and it will boot to Gingerbread, CM7, 2.3.5.

8. If someone wants to use this rom, there are couple of more things to be done to fix the issues:

Files: Gapps.zip, SP10-Patch1, SP10-Patch2 and SP10-Patch3 need to be downloaded and placed into root of your sd card. http://code.google.com/p/slax-u8500-rom/downloads/list

Please note that I have renamed all the files after downloading cause they had some strange letters in the file name so I didn't want to risk. Also, Patch3 was in .7zip format so I re-compressed it to zip (you extract and compress to zip).

After you copy all the files, you shutdown the phone and boot into recovery by Pressing & Holding volume UP key + call start (green) key and then pressing power key. It will boot into recovery from where you select update from .zip file. Apply all the updates: Patch1, Patch2, Patch3, Gapps

After you're done, reboot and voila. Now the final thing, if you are unable to download the apps from the market, or if you are having Authentication failed problem with Gtalk, you should download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15246936/gtalkservice.apk and place it in system/apps/ with the already included root explorer (don't forget to mount r/w the root partition).

After you place it there, reboot and that should be it.

You should have the working rom (haven't found any issues so far) with:

android 2.3.5
kernel 2.6.32.9-perf
CM7-2.3.5-slax-Sp10-3
Gingerbread

on Huawei U8500 :)

Cheers.

Reactions: Shoeb74 and PDPR

p5ppt5

Nov 24, 2011
Help.

May I have a copy of your stock room place. I'm having troubles finding one my self.all the links were not working. And I installed 2.3.3 ascend Roman on my u8500. I lost network connection. Phone was totally useless..

I did download the beta firmware.
And updated the phone's firmware a few minutes ago.

I have the dual touch now, yay (and a little better keyboard).

Many thanks from a Droid noob.

Spammaren

Jan 4, 2011
WHY doesn't wipe data/factory reset work?
When i press it, i just get a black screen, no progress or anything.
And if i press the power button again i just get back to the main menu.

Oh, and BTW when i get in recovery mode there is a LOT of text coming, most of them say something about errors. Maybe this is the problem?

reix2x

Nov 16, 2010
Puerto Ordaz
=D

Thanks you dude! i have a Huawei UM840, thats a Venezuelan version of the U8500, and this recovery is just great! you save my live xD thanks again! :D

sadde

Aug 12, 2012
i tried to update but only says "waiting for device" when i ran the .bat file. i have android 2.1(i know it says it needs the fastboot drivers) - can someone please help me out.. thank you

F723

May 22, 2013
Mumbai
download link for beta release not workin !!

download link for beta release not workin !! please help or give another link......im in much need of it :rolleyes:

john-ammu

Jul 29, 2013
how to fix pink screen problem huawei u8500 when i connect this phone to pc only detecting dbadapter reserved interface huawei driver, im trying to recover with official dload stock by pressing volume down+call end+power
and by pressing volume up+call+power no adb access no fastboot nothing works, pls tell me ho to fix this

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

I recently bought this phone Huawei U8500, and I had a long search on the net where can I get a working recovery, finally I found a modified clockworkmod recovery.

It seems that this phone is highly unpopular.

I just wanted to share my finding.

Here you can download this modified version: Download

Steps to install recovery:
    1. Download the clockworkmod
    2. Unrar it somewhere on your computer
    3. Turn off your phone
    4. Press & Hold volume down key + call end (red) key and then press power key.
    5. Launch the .bat file on your computer + connect your phone via USB
    6. When it's finished, take out the battery and wait 5 seconds before putting it back in
    7. Then you can access the recovery by holding volume up key + call(green) key

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I can recommend If your phones android build version doesn't end with "712", I suggest you to update it to the beta release, you'll have more functional dual-touch.

Here is the beta froyo update: Download

To install it:
    1. Unrar it to your computer, and find a folder named "dload" with the biggest size.
    2. Copy that "dload" filder to root of your SD card
    3. turn off phone
    4. Hold volume up key + end call (red) key and the press power key. Wait for it to load, it will say something like "Updating system" Wait for it to finish, if it says fail, just try again
    5. After it says "Update complete" or "Update successful" just restart your phone and you'll have the new beta firmware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the Russian site I found some unofficial ROM's too.
    I haven't tried them yes but if someone is willing here you can download them:

Firmware 2.2 29.01.2011 by Pavlo78
    u8500_mao_rls7b2
    u8500_mao_rls7++by_march_2
    u8500_mao_rls8_by_march
    u8500_mao_rls8_by_march

To install one of these ROM's do the following:
    1. Copy the ZIP file on root of your SD card, the ZIP file, not RAR.
    2. Boot up your phone in recovery mode (by holding volume up key + call(green) key)
    3. With your optical trackpad select "Install zip from sd card"
    4. From the list choose your ZIP file
    5. And then just wait till the installation is complete and then just restart the phone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I highly recommend you to back up the original firmware before installing new ROM's

You can do that in recovery mode, just click on nandroid and follow the on screen instructions it will backup your current firmware + your currently installed apps.

I'm not responsible for bricking your phone, if something doesn't go well. By doing the things I wrote, you may void your phones warranty.

Don't forget to thank me :p

Kind regards
    xcoder_123
    Grameenphone Crystal Firmware U8500

In case You messed up :eek:

U8500 V100R001BGDC128B277 (Bengal GP)

Code:
    //huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=downloadFile&flay=software&fileName=38766&attachmentName=U8500V100R001BGDC128B277.zip
    its really frustrating

i cant seem to install the CWM

and heck,i cant even download from that link

Let me tell you how I did it and what worked and what didn't:

1. I tried on Windows 7, 64bit - this was no go. I couldn't get the driver to install so I couldn't flash anything to the phone.

2. My second attempt was on Windows XP, where it worked. So use Windows XP. Some others might work as well but this worked for me.

3. You can probably use the drivers which are supplied in the phone, but I've used the ones from the CM ROM I flashed the phone with. You can download the whole rom from http://slax-u8500-rom.googlecode.com/files/u8500-Sp10-PackagesEN.7z

Slax has made this so all credits to him. It contains the rom and the drivers.

4. Press & Hold volume down key + call end (red) key and then press power key

5. Install the driver from the above package, downloaded in the step 3, from the u8500Drivers\Android Adapter ADB Interface (custom driver installation)

6. After successful installation, you can either flash the recovery (1st post of this thread) or use the recovery and rom from this Slax build. I haven't tested the recovery from this thread, I've used the Slax's one.
    If you decide to follow my steps, you should run the windows 2.3.bat file

7. It will flash the recovery and the rom and it will boot to Gingerbread, CM7, 2.3.5.

8. If someone wants to use this rom, there are couple of more things to be done to fix the issues:

Files: Gapps.zip, SP10-Patch1, SP10-Patch2 and SP10-Patch3 need to be downloaded and placed into root of your sd card. http://code.google.com/p/slax-u8500-rom/downloads/list

Please note that I have renamed all the files after downloading cause they had some strange letters in the file name so I didn't want to risk. Also, Patch3 was in .7zip format so I re-compressed it to zip (you extract and compress to zip).

After you copy all the files, you shutdown the phone and boot into recovery by Pressing & Holding volume UP key + call start (green) key and then pressing power key. It will boot into recovery from where you select update from .zip file. Apply all the updates: Patch1, Patch2, Patch3, Gapps

After you're done, reboot and voila. Now the final thing, if you are unable to download the apps from the market, or if you are having Authentication failed problem with Gtalk, you should download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15246936/gtalkservice.apk and place it in system/apps/ with the already included root explorer (don't forget to mount r/w the root partition).

After you place it there, reboot and that should be it.

You should have the working rom (haven't found any issues so far) with:

android 2.3.5
    kernel 2.6.32.9-perf
    CM7-2.3.5-slax-Sp10-3
    Gingerbread

on Huawei U8500 :)

Cheers.