[REL] FroyoBeam: Gingerbread's screen on/off animation for Froyo | v001 | 27-05-11

Search This thread

doixanh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 23, 2011
Intro
First of all, this is not a module :D

I'm trying to port Gingerbread's TV screen on/off animation to Froyo. Those f**ckin cool animations are the only reason for me to use GB!. I'm happy with Froyo, as everything works, and smoother feelings. :D

Progress
- Screen on : Good.
- Screen off : Good.
- Animation when screen timed out : Good.

Release
May 27th, FroyoBeam source is pushed to my github : https://github.com/doixanh/X8Features

Notice
We (the X8 users) spent some time testing the animations in my FroyoBread, and it seems to be good. I modified CM6 source, so it may not compatible with some ROMs. If the compilation fails, check inside the published source and take the lines around "dx" to your ROM's source.

More notice
0. This is a work-in-progress. I don't care that it's on xda-news or not. This is my attempt to satisfy my need (GB animations on Froyo). And I saw somebody saying it should be finished before being posted on xda-news. Did you fully read the news?
This hasn’t been released yet, due to the developer wanting to make sure it works perfectly, and he has kindly asked that you do not ask when it will be released
1. This mod should be compatible with most devices
2. These animations cannot be packaged as an update.zip, because
3. Lots of things are modified inside the CM6 source, not modding xml files and so on, and
4. The "release" that I mentioned will be a source release, and is intended to be used by ROM builders.
5. End-users will have to wait for their ROM builders to rebuild the ROM with patched source.
6. My FroyoBread ROM is built with personal purpose, and for experimenting my source code modifications.

Enjoy, ROM builders and users :)

Last edited:

cruizz

Dec 17, 2010
undefined
gosh...this is what im waiting for :D ...old tv screen off..it's gonna be awesome :D

Last edited:

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
Are you going to make one specific animation, or are you getting a few of them? Or are there even multiple to choose from?

Also: is it a script that runs some animation files? What are these, gifs, mpgs, avis? Because we could create additional ones and simply replace the animations within the script (if it works like that). :)

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
I don't consider my post spam. I'd like to prepare new animations (if I'm able to prepare them in the output format), so I'm asking specific questions.

doixanh

Jan 23, 2011
This is stock screen on/off animation from gingerbread. You can see the clip. It's nothing to do with new animation or output format.

It's hard-coded inside android source.

Reactions: ahmadsamhann

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
Oh, I see. I simply didn't know how it works :) And I believed that it is still based on some graphic files.

Well then, good luck porting it :)

nobodyAtall

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2008
Malaysia, Cheras
This CRT animation is burried in surfaceflinger an has lots of dependencies on gb changes. Many have claimed this to be impossible... please prove them wrong mate ;-)

Sent from my X10mini using XDA App

doixanh

Jan 23, 2011
Yep I'm trying to do that ;-) It seems that I cannot "take screenshot" to make it as an GL texture for screen on...

aldee_s: it's in the source of libsurfaceflinger. You have to modify the source and recompile if you want to do anything :)

aldee_s

Mar 1, 2011
Serang
www.blackwings.cz.cc
hoo, then i cannot do anything yet, because i dont have the source yet, cause my connection sucks, hehe, sorry, i thought i can help.

Well, good luck doing it, you're super(module)man. :D
sorry if you consider my posts here as spam.

doixanh

Jan 23, 2011
Yeah I know that program. It does not work in case the screen is off after timeout, or when pressing power button...

doixanh

Jan 23, 2011
Update:

On/off animation is working, but only white/gray color. I still couldn't get the screen content to put into the texture. Will look deeper into this.

I managed to enable the animations while pressing power buttons. When the screen timed out, there is no animation. Maybe we have to look into power management service also...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Intro
    First of all, this is not a module :D

I'm trying to port Gingerbread's TV screen on/off animation to Froyo. Those f**ckin cool animations are the only reason for me to use GB!. I'm happy with Froyo, as everything works, and smoother feelings. :D

Progress
    - Screen on : Good.
    - Screen off : Good.
    - Animation when screen timed out : Good.

Release
    May 27th, FroyoBeam source is pushed to my github : https://github.com/doixanh/X8Features

Notice
    We (the X8 users) spent some time testing the animations in my FroyoBread, and it seems to be good. I modified CM6 source, so it may not compatible with some ROMs. If the compilation fails, check inside the published source and take the lines around "dx" to your ROM's source.

More notice
    0. This is a work-in-progress. I don't care that it's on xda-news or not. This is my attempt to satisfy my need (GB animations on Froyo). And I saw somebody saying it should be finished before being posted on xda-news. Did you fully read the news?
    This hasn’t been released yet, due to the developer wanting to make sure it works perfectly, and he has kindly asked that you do not ask when it will be released
    1. This mod should be compatible with most devices
    2. These animations cannot be packaged as an update.zip, because
    3. Lots of things are modified inside the CM6 source, not modding xml files and so on, and
    4. The "release" that I mentioned will be a source release, and is intended to be used by ROM builders.
    5. End-users will have to wait for their ROM builders to rebuild the ROM with patched source.
    6. My FroyoBread ROM is built with personal purpose, and for experimenting my source code modifications.

Enjoy, ROM builders and users :)
    Update:

At first I tried to make this as a lib to include into other ROMs, but it's impossible. I have to build a ROM myself. This development will be continued and updated in that post.

Mod, can you please close this thread. Thank you.
    A little update:

It seems that CM7 screen off animation inside libsurfaceflinger is called from PowerManagerService with a helper from JNI service in android server (com_android_server_PowerManagerService).

The call order is like this:
    - PowerManagerService calls off animation
    - PowerManagerService waits till the call finish
    - PowerManagerService fires a notification to lock the screen and turn off it.

I'm trying to mimic the calls like this...
    WTF guys? Don't spam this thread with something like "yeah I like that..."

Stop spamming until the topic doesn't contain [DEV]
    Source published to my github :) Check first post and enjoy :)