what rom are people using?

Search This thread

dvsk69

Aug 1, 2012
Used both sandvolds and Nikez ICS ROMs. Faced lagging and pone freezing issues.

Reverted to Runny ROM with sense3.5. Really cool one.

pirecrompir

Nov 18, 2006
Used LeeDroid on mine until it got stolen :( Rooted and installed LeeDroid on my dads yesterday :) Hes super happy with it! :D

i'd like to install a good, stable, fast gb sense rom on my wife's desire, which i already rooted... which version of leedroid are/were you using, because i also wanted to install it, but there are different versions (normal, hd,...). or would someone care to recommend some other rom? it's for normal everyday woman's use ;).... thanks!

kaalakiota

Dec 12, 2011
i'd like to install a good, stable, fast gb sense rom on my wife's desire, which i already rooted... which version of leedroid are/were you using, because i also wanted to install it, but there are different versions (normal, hd,...). or would someone care to recommend some other rom? it's for normal everyday woman's use ;).... thanks!

The Gingerbread roms are basically the only ones which are totally stable and don't have some issues / BSODs / things not working. I used oxygen (http://forum.oxygen.im/viewforum.php?id=7) which I found to be rock solid and gave great battery life. The current release isn't that new, but there's basically nothing that needs changing or fixing with it.

ICS-styled version here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1743584

Edit: Sorry, didn't see you wanted a sense one rather than stock

Last edited:

hans moleman

Apr 24, 2011

I'm using runnymede AIO which is stable and has sense 3.5 (like the HTC sensation) - very cool rom, your wife will love it!

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

kevcal

Nov 10, 2008
Currently running Leedroid on one Desire and Sandvold's ICS on another...

I love ICS and it runs extremely well but I miss Sense... or at least I can't figure out how to do any of the basic things that Sense gives me, like full screen monthly calendar, etc.. maybe I'm missing something; as would prefer to stick with ICS.

Tried Supernova, but it doesn't really do it for me - too much like stock... would prefer a modern Sense experience...

So...

For someone who misses Sense but wants an up-to-date and lag-free use, what's recommended please people ?

Salty Wagyu

May 28, 2011
England
Still using Oxygen (Gingerbread). Not interested much in ICS ROMs due to reports on how unstable they are. Gingerbread is the last OS for my phone until I get a new phone I suppose!

Dönermann

Nov 25, 2011
Hanover
at the moment i am using mokee os 0.5 rc1... i wanted a rom with a nice ui and cm7 base(to use simple2ext)
I tried all ics and jellybean roms but there where always little (or bigger) problems so i dont use them for daily use until they solved these problems :)

Ronok

May 16, 2009
Currently running Leedroid on one Desire and Sandvold's ICS on another...

I love ICS and it runs extremely well but I miss Sense... or at least I can't figure out how to do any of the basic things that Sense gives me, like full screen monthly calendar, etc.. maybe I'm missing something; as would prefer to stick with ICS.

Tried Supernova, but it doesn't really do it for me - too much like stock... would prefer a modern Sense experience...

So...

For someone who misses Sense but wants an up-to-date and lag-free use, what's recommended please people ?
Runnymede AIO has a good reputation. Development has been discontinued, but it's also kinda finished. Probably not as lag free as sense 1.9 Roms, but it's the most up to date sense experience you'll get on the Desire.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

pirecrompir

Nov 18, 2006
I'm using runnymede AIO which is stable and has sense 3.5 (like the HTC sensation) - very cool rom, your wife will love it!

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

thanks for your and others' suggestions! i'm considering installing the supernova rom, because i think my wife could be perfectly happy with the stock gb rom with increased data space that this rom offers. her only problem with the current stock gb rom and the only reason i'm installing a custom rom is namely constant lack of free int. memory. are there any major shortcomings to be expected with this rom? i'm afraid that by installing an advanced sense 3.5 rom i'll spend more time servicing her phone than she'll be using it ;)... thanks for your suggestions!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Supernova good support thread =J
    Yea it is one of those that i had in mind, the problem is, i went trough the htc desire thread and i was lost with all that data++ and other addons that i dont like. I also found the thread with stock roms, yet those unroot you. What i didn't find, is stock rom that would not unroot my phone. I was searching for something stable, optimized stock rom or something. You got any suggestions? Or a direct link to the rom you had in mind?

guide in my sig by Mr.Mefisto and go down to rooted stock roms

Sent from my HTC Desire
    RSK Sattelite SuperSense4.1
    You mustn't compare sense .35 kernels with AOSP kernels. .35 AOSP kernels are really old, but a few of us still use them as we think them better on battery life and SD card trasnfer.

.35 sense kernels are much newer. It is not the same .35

You're going to have to live with your sd card speed if you want to stay on AOSP roms.
    i have tried all kinds of diferent ics roms and none of them was functional, camera is horible, video recording speciali horible. curently on gb not going on ics until evrything is perfect.
    I'm using MIUI right now. I like so much :D

I'm using MIUI from yesterday and I found it really nice and smooth and fast buutt, there is a big BUT :(. I cannot copy files to my sdcard using the usb cable faster than 1.5 - 2 MB/s and it is really annoying. Before MIUI I used to play with supernova and copying to and from the sdcard was amazing. Up to 10 mb/s.