Motofail (GB+ICS): Universal Motorola Android Root Tools (Portable)

Search This thread

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
How is this diffenent that motofail ?? Wild guess we can actually one click from our phone ??or what

Sent from my XT875 using XDA App

if someone could actually come up with an on-device root method (one-click) I pledge to pay money ($15/20). Ever since 905, adb has not worked on my phone. I know everything there is to know about getting adb set up and worknig on both Windows and Linux, but for some reason an FXZ to 905 destroyed adb on my phone. Fastboot works, so a fastboot method could also work but I do not know of a single root exploit for this device that does not require it to be connected through the android debugging bridge. If someone comes up with a way to do this without adb, and is able to make a video showing a previously unrooted phone, use the exploit to root, and then the phone being rooted, I WILL donate money via PayPal. Thanks to all, and thanks to the OP for this, I have it downloaded in case somehow adb starts working between my phone and the computer. For reference: the computer reads the phone in some way because it can be used as a power source to charge my phone, but it will not provide a device ID on adb, and when it occasionally does, it says the device is offline. So I would also be willing to pay someone for a fix to this (of course I'd have to try it first, but I'm honest and reliable).

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
if someone could actually come up with an on-device root method (one-click) I pledge to pay money ($15/20). Ever since 905, adb has not worked on my phone. I know everything there is to know about getting adb set up and worknig on both Windows and Linux, but for some reason an FXZ to 905 destroyed adb on my phone. Fastboot works, so a fastboot method could also work but I do not know of a single root exploit for this device that does not require it to be connected through the android debugging bridge. If someone comes up with a way to do this without adb, and is able to make a video showing a previously unrooted phone, use the exploit to root, and then the phone being rooted, I WILL donate money via PayPal. Thanks to all, and thanks to the OP for this, I have it downloaded in case somehow adb starts working between my phone and the computer. For reference: the computer reads the phone in some way because it can be used as a power source to charge my phone, but it will not provide a device ID on adb, and when it occasionally does, it says the device is offline. So I would also be willing to pay someone for a fix to this (of course I'd have to try it first, but I'm honest and reliable).

With all the things that I have done with my Bionic, I believe I had to fxz twice one time just to get the stock .905 to work properly. Something to due with the additional hacked recovery programs that didn't get cleared out on the first fxz processes. As far as rooting goes, the best way I have always done it was moto fail and ota rootkeeper.apk. After I did all that I took the resent OTA update and root backup did what it was meant to do. I am almost tempted to try fxz back to .905 just to see if I still can, but this is my daily device and will not try it unless someone has already done so.:rolleyes:

Sent from my tervigon using xda app-developers app

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
somehow my adb randomly started working, after MONTHS of it not working. weeks after trying it, (it would only charge through computer) I plugged it in to the computer to charge and Ubuntu all of a sudden pulled up a prompt for what to do with my SD Cards. I was so ecstatic that although idk why, my device was now mounting to the computer. I was scared this was only on Linux so I didn't wanna unplug it, but seeing as Motofail is a .exe and it probably wouldn't run through WINE, I just plugged it up to my girlfriend's laptop and it mounted successfully to her Windows. I used this version of Motofail-ICS to root the phone, watching every step with big, hopeful eyes, and it said the exploit was successful. Thank GOD. So then i went in to Superuser and although I have the current binary version, I tried to 'Update Anyway' cuz you know, its fun to watch. and when it tried to gain root permissions, it failed. However, when I went into ES File Explorer and turned on Root, my SU prompt came up, and I gave it permission, downloaded my premium Titanium backup, and it was able to gain root access. I just think it is very weird that Superuser when trying to update the binary was unable to gain root permissions after using this method to root. Its not a big deal, just figured I would post it here since this is the version I just used to root my phone.
I would like to give a big thanks to the OP for putting these here for us for easy, direct access, and the developer of Motofail. I love you soooooooo much. I have been missing root, seeing all these new ROMs come out for Bionic since I lost my root and my adb usability. I'm about to install safestrap and FLASH AWAY!!!!!

bdogllc

Oct 25, 2012
Atrix HD JB Root

Need your help please. I have an atrix HD with the JB version update recently, and every wifi tethering program fails because the phone states.."account not setup for tethering". Will rooting the phone change this problem. I use to use foxfi on my old atrix 4g with NO issues, but for some reason nothing works on the HD. Don't know if rooting is the correct way to go, but I am willing to try it. I use Walmart's family mobile and the HD gets full 4g lte...yes...that is correct...full 4g lte and I want to be able to use the wifi tethering but I don't have ATT for service and not sure how to get this to work. The old 4g was unlocked but never rooted. I have read there have been many issues with the HD with ATT locking it down so I am asking for your help and advice as to what to do and what is the best course of action. I am fairly new to android, but am excited about the possibility. I love this phone cuz it uses the tmobile 4g lte spectrums and it really does work. I would love to be able to use the full functionality of the phone but can't. Please help. Merry Christmas!

SpartamericaN

Dec 12, 2012
Thanks

Forgot to tell you thanks, been having a grand time with my new and improved phone. Worked like a charm and I couldnt be happier with the outcome, THANKS!!!:good:

leo_kendall

Mar 31, 2013
Corner Brook
Sorry, this file is infected with a virus.

Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.

When i tray and download this this is all i gets.

Sorry, this file is infected with a virus.

Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.

allday69

May 26, 2013
Download link does not work

Universal Gingerbread (GB) Rooter: Download HERE (virus free)

The download link no longer works. Every attempt, all i get is :

" Sorry, this file is infected with a virus. Only the owner is allowed to download infected files."

Any suggestions or alternate links?

Phone is : Droid Bionic

System version : 5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US

Android version : 2.3.4

mconroy42

Nov 24, 2013
Where are these answers?

For convenience sake, I have compiled the Motofail rooter into a single exe file (for use on builds with a GB-based kernel). I have also compiled the ICS root exploit into a single exe file as well (for builds based on a true ICS kernel). No code has been changed, and all credit goes to Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss).

I have been searching these forums and get 404's when trying to dl the software. I have a Droid3 - 5.7.906, trying to root but am receiving this message using pete's v1-06. I used the 32bit version first, soon after found the 64bit. My laptop runs 7Ultimate so I tried the 64bit and received the same...
"ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method
Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed."

I found a copy of motofail for ics and it tells me it is having read-only issues when trying to create directories. "Permission Denied"

I am at my wits end and frustrated beyond belief after finding so many answers here, but the links to a file purported to be the answer, links to 404...

Can someone please help? :confused:

mhanley420

May 25, 2014
4.4.2 root??

Soooooooo........ is there any way to root an xt926 RAZR HD running the new 4.4.2 OTA? I've been scouring the interwebs to no avail for numerous hours. hoping somebody says "yeah n00b, click this link ......." if not, then i suppose i wil be relegated to using a phone sans-root for the time being. stupid ota...
:mad:

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Uhhh... So where can I find the official KK update for the Bionic?????? Me be looking all over and just cannot find it... Links man post some links...

Sent from my VS980 4G

ShadyDreamer

Mar 5, 2014
There isn't one. The last (and most likely final) official update for the Bionic was 4.1 Jelly Bean last year. If you root your phone and install safestrap, you can install some third-party kitkat roms, but that is the only way you will get that version. I've tried SlimKat a little and it seems to work fairly well, only no HDMI (for now) and no dock support but I think everything else works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For convenience sake, I have compiled the Motofail rooter into a single exe file (for use on builds with a GB-based kernel). I have also compiled the ICS root exploit into a single exe file as well (for builds based on a true ICS kernel). No code has been changed, and all credit goes to Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss).

• Universal Gingerbread (GB) Rooter: Download HERE (virus free)

• Universal Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Rooter: Download HERE (virus free)

These rooters have been tested and working on Droid 3, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, Droid 4, even on the latest ROM releases like the 5.9.905 for the Bionic and the official/cheesecake ICS leaks. Please make sure you use the right rooter, one is for GB and the other is for ICS. These will work on the official OTA releases as well as any custom ROMs.

If needed, the latest Motorola USB PC drivers can be downloaded here:
    http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-...tware_and_Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-Drivers
    wow ok i thought this was self explainatory run .batch file i guess people have never used a one click root exploit wouldn't know but this was by far the easiest root method other than odin of coarse

A lot of people find this website when they want to do something specific with their phone. The majority of them do not know what a batch file is. The devs on here have a lot of good information but spit it out at a high level, expecting people to just "know" a ton of information right off the .bat (pun intended)

I am simply trying to bridge the gap, as you can probably infer from my practical/layman-term tutorials.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App
    So I'm almost ready to use this but I do need to know if there is a way to unroot back to stock on the .902 root.

not sure what you mean.

If your saying is there a way to unroot .902 then Yes.

Petes MOTO Tools
    How is this diffenent that motofail ?? Wild guess we can actually one click from our phone ??or what

Sent from my XT875 using XDA App

No, this is nothing more than the standard motofail, it is just compiled into a single EXE file now. I created it because I had people asking me how to use Motofail. One guy asked me what file he runs, or if he copies the files into his sytem of his phone **yikes**, so I made this just for convenience sake (it only runs on Windows, so it should be pretty clear).
    Try a different usb port

If that does not work then try a different computer

If that still does not work then re-stock your phone (FXZ/update to .906) and try again before installing any of your apps or synchronizing your accounts.

Sent from my XT875 using xda app-developers app