Broken S-pen

Search This thread

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
If anybody has an S-pen that has broken, please PM me. I am trying to make my own and need the circuit card to make it work.

I make pens and pencils out of wood on my lathe and want to try my hand at a S-Pen stylus. I have been unable to find any pens that look decent and thought this might be a good solution.

Alternately, if anyone knows of a source for the circuit boards (both pen and eraser) please let me know. If I can put together a workable kit for these I might consider selling a few.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

{Diemex}

Jan 30, 2011
Germany
I cut one of mine open. I planned on printing a new shell for it. I think it will be cheaper for you to buy a new pen for 15$ and take it apart. Shiping etc will be quite expensive. If you want any dimensions on the circuit board I can measure it out and make pics.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
I cut one of mine open. I planned on printing a new shell for it. I think it will be cheaper for you to buy a new pen for 15$ and take it apart. Shiping etc will be quite expensive. If you want any dimensions on the circuit board I can measure it out and make pics.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks, that would be great. There are several available for under $7. I have been planning to go ahead and buy one. I have a pen from a very old tablet computer the board works but it appears to be larger than the current version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

{Diemex}

Jan 30, 2011
Germany
You might want to check out this rather lengthy thread on styluses. There are some desings/ideas for pen holders that dont destroy the original spen. I would not advise taking a spen apart. However if you are a king with wood working and can produce objects that are accurate to a fraction of a millimeter then go ahead. The board has to fit correctly and support the tip. The tip of the pen with the coil seems very fragile to me. I would advise making a holder around the spen shell instead of designing a new pen from ground up.
I made a simple printable spen holder which can be found here, you should be able to make it from wood too.
Here are the photos and dimensions of the circuit board.
Should've not create multiple threads ;)