Votes: 29 17.0%
  • WM default task manager

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bungle2k3

Feb 27, 2008
London
Excellent ROM ! - no probs at all so far and runs without any stalling, battery life seems longer too ? well happy , shall donate when i get paid

one thing tho , the other colourful boot screen looked a little prettier than the orange ... how come you went for the orange in the new build? was the flash looking one taking up too much memory ( if not is there anyway to get that back )

:) such a fusspot arent I

benjaminries

Aug 14, 2007
Toronto
OnePlus 7 Pro
Excellent ROM ! - no probs at all so far and runs without any stalling, battery life seems longer too ? well happy , shall donate when i get paid

one thing tho , the other colourful boot screen looked a little prettier than the orange ... how come you went for the orange in the new build? was the flash looking one taking up too much memory ( if not is there anyway to get that back )

The boot screen comes from Microsoft.

aaauto

Jul 2, 2008
no idea but the cpu in 61x has speedstep which will varies its speed depend on load(dated back to original hp rom). In fact you can lock the clock speed to 520Mhz using software like pocket hack master and the pda will feel less laggy at the expense of battery life (no idea how much it decrease). The default speed is ~200Mhz and last time I tested it by playing video increase speed slowly but decrease quickly(probably designed to save battery life). For odd reason however if you test it using sktool it doesn't increase its speed so you got ~200mhz result

------------------------------------------------------
BTW 21202 beta 3 is out, not many changes but feel free to try, I won't have any update until thursday when my 1st exam is done which give me a week till next one

I'm using Beta 2.2. I have some feeling about the cpu speed.

When using original ROM (WM 6.0) or flash WM 6.1 (20270 & 20757), the speed is 200mhz result from sktool (v4.3.1 & v4.4.5.1). I need to use XCPUScalar to adjust cpu to 400+mhz to get smooth to browse Internet by Opera and listen music from S2P.

Just flashed to Beta 2.2 (WM 6.5), the sktool (v4.4.7.1) speed result is 520mhz. I feel all tasks are faster and smoother for all events.

arcadekidflo

Feb 28, 2009
How about the battery life ? If Wm 6.5 keeps it at 520 all the time that not good at all . Already I m having issues with 6.1, brand new battery lasts only 1 day

Crudeoil

Feb 3, 2009
Torino
i have installed wm 6.5 yesterday night and to this morning at 8am the battery was fully charged. Have used the phone all day, talking a little (about 10min this day) but doing a lot of gps + about 2 hours of 3g skype + 5 minutes aprox of wifi (internet surfing) and several conection to my laptop with bluetooth activesync and at this time (22.00) my phone shows 69% full.

edit1 --> in a part of the day it was connected about 10min to my laptop for file transfer via usb, so it should be less than 69%. anyway im very satisfied about battery life on this rom

edit2 --> since i made this post i turn on bth for active sync and turned on windows media player, it has been something near an hour on this conditions + screen on all the time and the battery shows 59% now

Last edited:

keyx

Sep 26, 2008
Richmond Hill/Waterloo
hold on everyone, i am taking down links for 21202 since i think i miss a bluetooth file transfer module, please wait for 21500, it should be avaiable within few hours

keyx

Sep 26, 2008
Richmond Hill/Waterloo
Hey keyx Very nice rom. Works good.
Unfortunately no Greek hw keyboard. I have provided the wm 6 gr rom. can you make a mod for the hw keyboard to work? or tell me how to do it? Really amateur w rom dev. kitchen tools is confusing for me.

I will make a cab for you as soon as i finish making 21500

Beta 3.01 WM6.5 21202 WWE good rom but bluetooth can't receive files. if you can fix it. thx

It will be fixed in 21500, thanks

Version 3.01, but the standby position to establish a 90% drop in the battery in 30 minutes.

I think you should flash back to original hp rom and test, i suspect your battery or radio firmware has issue, I suggust you contact HP for exchange(either battery or phone itself). My experience with the battery life is it took very little in standby, certainly fewer than 10% in standby

I think you would be able to change the splash image by replacing welcomehead96 file in windows directory

I'm using Beta 2.2. I have some feeling about the cpu speed.

When using original ROM (WM 6.0) or flash WM 6.1 (20270 & 20757), the speed is 200mhz result from sktool (v4.3.1 & v4.4.5.1). I need to use XCPUScalar to adjust cpu to 400+mhz to get smooth to browse Internet by Opera and listen music from S2P.

Just flashed to Beta 2.2 (WM 6.5), the sktool (v4.4.7.1) speed result is 520mhz. I feel all tasks are faster and smoother for all events.

My test is that sktools still test at ~200mhz, i think it is because you just play video so the speed is at 520 and then you test with sktool

i have installed wm 6.5 yesterday night and to this morning at 8am the battery was fully charged. Have used the phone all day, talking a little (about 10min this day) but doing a lot of gps + about 2 hours of 3g skype + 5 minutes aprox of wifi (internet surfing) and several conection to my laptop with bluetooth activesync and at this time (22.00) my phone shows 69% full.

edit1 --> in a part of the day it was connected about 10min to my laptop for file transfer via usb, so it should be less than 69%. anyway im very satisfied about battery life on this rom

edit2 --> since i made this post i turn on bth for active sync and turned on windows media player, it has been something near an hour on this conditions + screen on all the time and the battery shows 59% now
sounds about right, 3g,wifi & gpscan take down lots of battery life

keyx

Sep 26, 2008
Richmond Hill/Waterloo
almost done, bluetooth is fixed, was missing irda package before so obex object push profile was not installed.

i am testing the 32 pagepool now.

BTW I tried use the ril.dll from Toshiba G900, phone still work, when using mylocation in google map it will try updating... instead of failing immediately, although it still fail after 1 or 2 seconds
the kitchen I downloaeded has ril.dll and rilhsdpa.dll as oppose to rilgsm.dll, so i don't think replacing rilgsm with rilhspa would work...beside that G900 only has triband GSM and only support 3.6Mbps compare to our 7.2Mbps

Last edited:

aaauto

Jul 2, 2008
My test is that sktools still test at ~200mhz, i think it is because you just play video so the speed is at 520 and then you test with sktool

I have no video. Is it related to the new version of sktool (v4.4.7.1) ?

By the way, at least, the phonebook it faster than old ROM during typing name/number in keypad.

Also, the battery life is similar to old ROM. Great for me.

keyx

Sep 26, 2008
Richmond Hill/Waterloo
both 21202(beta 3.03) and 21500(beta 3.2) links are up

21500 I have problem with sip(input, unable to switch to new sip installed) so I also provide a fixed build of 21202(mainly bluetooth transfer issue)

Last edited:

TheLastOne

Mar 8, 2005
Just a quick question, is the Call Waiting fix included in all of these roms natively, or do we still have to install the fix cab?

Also, is there any way we can get the registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TaskBar]
"ConsistentClockOrBattery"=dword:0
Included natively?

Last edited:

keyx

Sep 26, 2008
Richmond Hill/Waterloo
Just a quick question, is the Call Waiting fix included in all of these roms natively, or do we still have to install the fix cab?

Also, is there any way we can get the registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TaskBar]
"ConsistentClockOrBattery"=dword:0
Included natively?
callwaiting fix cab is included but it will get overrided if you have installed the offical hp patch since customization engine will be run (which reinstall all patches) after clean boot
I did not include the streaming player/band switch cab, if you never install any hp patch you can get it in 1st post under Notes

I didn't include the taskbar fix since i actually like the bug haha because it is easier to hit close button with a larger area (I don't need to go to battery setting from that icon)

Last edited:

TheLastOne

Mar 8, 2005
Ah, I didn't realize the official update from HP included autoinstall cabs.

And lol, while I disagree about the bug I see where you're coming from.

Thanks for the work you've done so far.

Just a quick question: Which HP update adds these to the auto-installation?:
ArcSoft Cabs
IAC Corp. BSPropCab

I just update to the official HP 0.89 radio rom, and now the HP Call Waiting tone fix automatically installs, but the others don't seem to.

Also, the "Windows Media" softkey on Titanium when music is playing gets cut off. Might be worth changing to something shorter.

Last edited:

keyx

Sep 26, 2008
Richmond Hill/Waterloo
Ah, I didn't realize the official update from HP included autoinstall cabs.

And lol, while I disagree about the bug I see where you're coming from.

Thanks for the work you've done so far.

Just a quick question: Which HP update adds these to the auto-installation?:
ArcSoft Cabs
IAC Corp. BSPropCab

I just update to the official HP 0.89 radio rom, and now the HP Call Waiting tone fix automatically installs, but the others don't seem to.

Also, the "Windows Media" softkey on Titanium when music is playing gets cut off. Might be worth changing to something shorter.
thw two cabs you mentioned I think they come from OS update 1.01.04

for the cut off text, i will look into it for next build.

BTW, I haven't figured out why any new sip input installed cannot be switched into in 21500..I think i will wait for next build and use 21202 for now (I didn't feel any difference anyway)

TheLastOne

Mar 8, 2005
huh, that's odd. I just reupdated with the 1.01.04 Ipaq File Store and then the 0.89 Radio rom file store and I still just get the Call Waiting Fix...oh well ;).

Oct 21, 2008
Flashed to 3.2 only one problem so far, no programs are installed after second boot :confused:

This screen is empty:
9sck8z.jpg

Anyone else having this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Manila since no more Aavatar - 614c

Anyone know the best manila package to install on the latest roms as am suffering withdrawal symptons now...lol..

Tried [APP][QVGA][28Jul09]NEW Manila 2D v2.0 build 19171723 from HTC Mega + Other Cabs but TouchFlo wont launch even just the basic package.

Love the New roms but also love Manila for so many reasons.

Even if not cooked into the rom just a walkthrough would suffice for my poor 614c

Many thanks..
    The screen of my IPAQ 614c is not working now. It has no response when tap by stylus or else. Only keypad is working. Can fix or repair it?
    can repair, there is a hk shop you can find it here