[ROM][WWE|ITA][06/06/10]XannyTech EVOLUTION 2.3 (SYS 23569)[LEO 2.13 C.H.Tab](ONLINE)

Search This thread

dlotters

Oct 31, 2006
Sydney
It seems we have a tourist, blaming everything except themselves!!! have you not noticed that you are THE ONLY PERSON to post this! I think you probably formatted your SD card without realising and deleted all your contacts!!!

ROFL!!!!

I have been using this rom since before it was even released to the public and even that was brilliant, it did some weird stuff every now and then but it didnt do what your saying.

can i ask, why the hell didnt you have a backup of your SD card and contacts anyway?

SD cards break if you fart at them, so it is kinda stupid if you dont have a FULL BACKUP anyway!! - I have 2, one on my laptop and one on my PC!

Wow dude, that was harsh, way to treat a guy like a fool.

Anyway, these issues aren't unheard of. It can be caused by a bad flash and is quite popular over in the Polaris ROM board.

The solution is to flash a stock ROM, then whatever custom ROM you want to use (such as Evolution) and then hard reset the phone after it's loaded the first time.

It was so common in the Polaris boards that the cooks started to include that advice with their flashing instructions.

I'm not saying the issue that the guy is complaining about happens to be the fault of the ROM, it's probably not if he's the only one getting them, but that doesn't mean his issue doesn't exist and that he should be treated like you treated him.

mamv

Feb 15, 2007
Lisboa
Xanny, thanks for this cool ROM. Same goes for Pandora 1.1.

Did anyone have this problem whereby in email tab, when you tap on the preview mail and there is no action?

Only way to read the mail is by pressing inbox.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

This happens to me too, some times. I still didn't figure out what's causing it. It happenned to me in more than one ROM, I'm not 100% sure, but I think one time it happened without any other program installed.

The strange thing is that it without any modification the problem goes away. Last night it was having this problem, today when I woke up the problem was gone (and I didn't preform a soft reset, because in my experience it doesn't work to solve this problem).

EDIT: fighter_foo do you use landscape in sense?

Last edited:

arvi007

Dec 27, 2009
This happens to me too, some times. I still didn't figure out what's causing it. It happenned to me in more than one ROM, I'm not 100% sure, but I think one time it happened without any other program installed.

The strange thing is that it without any modification the problem goes away. Last night it was having this problem, today when I woke up the problem was gone (and I didn't preform a soft reset, because in my experience it doesn't work to solve this problem).

I have noticed this on other ROMs too when the email is being downloaded/synced. Once the sync is complete then clicking on an email opens it without having to click Inbox.

May be my observation was wrong or there is some other issue.

Just my $0.02

bouya_k

Mar 12, 2008
Geneva
Xanny, thanks for this cool ROM. Same goes for Pandora 1.1.

Did anyone have this problem whereby in email tab, when you tap on the preview mail and there is no action?

Only way to read the mail is by pressing inbox.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

if you lock your hd2 and after go back to the email tab, the problem should be gone ..

Give feedback

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Wow dude, that was harsh, way to treat a guy like a fool.
Maybe, but blaming the cheif.rom for something that is not their fault is foolish! a small bit of reading would show the answers!!

The solution is to flash a stock ROM, then whatever custom ROM you want to use (such as Evolution) and then hard reset the phone after it's loaded the first time.

Sorry but i disagree, I have to say i have been using these devices for nearly 8 years now and i have NEVER had this happen, also i have been using this rom since before the public release and it has not happened to me.

Also, The solution you are talking about, I WROTE the guide!! THREAD HERE

If he didnt do this before flashing the rom then unfortunately the data loss is his problem, it is not fault with the rom!

MTTY->FLASH->MTTY->FLASH etc etc!

Everyone knows this, or as you said to flash a stock first, but the method detailed in my thread is time tested and proven.

MG

Wolde

Dec 16, 2009
Jönköping
I never got an anwser on my last post. I think, but im just a newb, that ive found a bug in the rom. Its the mic on the handsfree, it doesnt work since I installed this rom and then upg radio from 2.04 to 2.06.

Is this a rom related bug or is it something else? Im pretty sure the mic isnt broken.

And i recently found another bug, when I recive text messages at the same time as im in the message view it doesnt pop up auto, as it did with the stock rom. I have to switch screen back and forth to see the new message I got.

Overall Im really greatfull for this rom and cheers to ur work man !:)

Xannytech

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2009
Rome
I never got an anwser on my last post. I think, but im just a newb, that ive found a bug in the rom. Its the mic on the handsfree, it doesnt work since I installed this rom and then upg radio from 2.04 to 2.06.

Is this a rom related bug or is it something else? Im pretty sure the mic isnt broken.

And i recently found another bug, when I recive text messages at the same time as im in the message view it doesnt pop up auto, as it did with the stock rom. I have to switch screen back and forth to see the new message I got.

Overall Im really greatfull for this rom and cheers to ur work man !:)
sorry but i did not find any issues so i do not reply waiting for someone that confirm this ;) the rilphone includer or radio rom does not touch the handsfree, so maybe is something else but i will test this again before next release.

Wolde

Dec 16, 2009
Jönköping
Oh alright, then it should be something else.
Im just a newb at the moment so I dont exactly know what parts affects what.
Thanks for the reply though! Cant wait untill ur releasing the final version of this, but cant imagen what you could improve in this rom actualy ^^ Works flawless for me.

Another thing I've noticed, besides from the sms not poping up like in stock.
Is that my toptaskbar have a white "start" label (topleft) but it's only visible if I click there several times and it will disappear again after 1-2 seconds.
Is it ment this way or maybe its because of the maxmanila beta?
Might add that I never did an hard reset after I installed this rom (my bad :(), maybe thats the problem.

fighter_foo

Oct 10, 2008

Hi Mamv,

Nope i wasn't using landscape, only use landscape for browser. I have seen this on a few cooked ROMs i have flashed over the past week. Not sure if it is related to threaded email or not though. Soft reset doesn't help. Seems like its built in...

fighter_foo

Oct 10, 2008
i will check,never noticed that

Thanks Xanny!

I have noticed this on other ROMs too when the email is being downloaded/synced. Once the sync is complete then clicking on an email opens it without having to click Inbox.

May be my observation was wrong or there is some other issue.

Just my $0.02

There was no activity such as sync or mail download at the time. It is there all the time when the ROM is flashed.

if you lock your hd2 and after go back to the email tab, the problem should be gone ..

Give feedback

I have a habit to lock phone with sim lock as well. It has no effect on the email tab in this case. Still the same with phone lock, it does not open the mail, need to open inbox to view mail.

Edit: I did a soft reset and perform a lock and unlock, then proceed to read the mail with a tab and it works. Funny that it worked.

May i know what could have caused that?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

tlc76

Dec 8, 2006
Bucharest
I FOUND THE REAL WAY OUT FOR ACTIVE SYNC...

Xannytech must used an older version of Ameba...

Now im using the Ameba 0.6beta and all ok...

Be sure to delete the to keys and after that install the last version (go on <link> to have more help
-HKEY_CU\software\xTep
-HKEY_LM\services\ameba

Once the lastest version install remplace HKEY_CU\software\xTep\StartTapAction with this value "1" softreset... and everything ok... all works for me

Ps: i'm using this taskmanager...

I can confirm that ameba 0.6b is working properly (after the already installed version was removed and after the windows registry was cleaned up).
In addition, I have also installed X2 Task manager v2 AND Dinarsoft Handyswitcher 2.7 and they all work very well.

Another "small" issue (reported by someone else as well): sometimes the Phone screen is not loaded completely (the lower half is missing - the one with the numeric keypad) and the easiest way to fix it is to rotate the phone in landscape mode and then rotate it back to portrait. This way the Phone interface is fixed.

Otherwise the Evolution ROM is flawless - very fast and very stable. I must mention that I have installed LOTS of stuff on it.

Good work, Xanny!

Attachments

• ScreenShot2.jpg
    ScreenShot2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 78
  • ScreenShot3.jpg
    ScreenShot3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 73

patomas

Mar 2, 2007
fsreplxfilt.dll

Regarding active sync problems, does they could possibly have anything to do with fsreplxfilt.dll?

Thanks!

JavorCK

Sep 3, 2006
Funny thing is that I could sync my HD2 for about 4-5 days without a prob and then I started getting this sync error and from this point on couldn't sync again (disk drive and internet sharing still working though)! Reinstalled ameba o.6b and reg edited it and again 1 day is working the next - nothing, nada...Did a Hard reset and didn't install any programs to see if the sync issue is caused by an app that I installed and just synced....and yet again on the 2nd sync I get this error (could sync some things but not everything) and after that no syncing again! Tried it on others HD2 from official O2 Germany Rom to Xanny's - same thing! To be honest this thing really started bugging me, because the ROM is veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrry good looks, feels and performs superbly and only this sync issue is like a thorn in my eye!!!

P.S.
Is there a way to get the appointments on the lock screen!? Thanx in advance

Last edited:

nickrx

Mar 24, 2008
Hi,

Thanks for this wonderful ROM, installed and playing since last 3 hours.. no freezing nor sms issues. Fantastis Job !!!

I have two questions

1) How to enable weather showing up in home tab beneath the clock.

2) how to auto rotate manila from portrait to landscape on phone orientation change. (i think i saw some progam, where u can tell which application to change orientation etc)

JavorCK

Sep 3, 2006
Hi,

Thanks for this wonderful ROM, installed and playing since last 3 hours.. no freezing nor sms issues. Fantastis Job !!!

I have two questions

1) How to enable weather showing up in home tab beneath the clock.

2) how to auto rotate manila from portrait to landscape on phone orientation change. (i think i saw some progam, where u can tell which application to change orientation etc)

1) --> Settings tab, Personalize,Home Tab Wallpaper --> Weather Wallpaper and then you pick up a wallpaper and update the weather in the weater tab

2) Use BsB in Start Menu, Utilities, Tweaks --> BsB tweaks and go to menu and Rotation

hope that helped